Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Congrats! Glad he listed to you and took care of it.

News Flash! I texted my dealer and told him to remove the OEM license plate holder from my order as it doesn't have a VIN yet. I'm back to using my Craig's license plate holder!
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
OK. I'm done for today on this project, but I did contact another dealer in Marin County that has received at least one customer order and he also stated that the bracket was not installed at the factory, they did it during customer prep.

The saga continues. ?
Gods news in the factory but bad dealer.

RonG

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Hyundai Palisade, 2018 MB GLC AMG 43. Previously owned Mustangs: 1965 hardtop, 1967 Fastback, 1966 Fastback
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am like most everyone else on this thread and think a front plate is ugly. Especially when it has to be mounted on a large mounting bracket. I have an alternate front plate mounting suggestion and will include a couple of pictures. The plate is mounted on our 2020 Hyundai Pallisade and has a similarly wide bumper area, as does the MME.

We live in British Columbia, Canada and a front plate is required. As you can see from the pictures, I have folded the top and bottom of the plate over and mounted the smaller plate directly to the bumper, without using the mounting bracket. The plate is screwed directly to the bumper and the screws are inserted where the bracket would normally be installed. There were 2 little dimples to indicate where the screws would go.

I get many complements on the installation. Most people think it looks more like a smaller European plate. I think the smaller plate would fit nicely on the front Mustang bumper area. The next time I think I might have the plate sheared down to size with a metal shear, rather than fold it.

I have also gone online to bclaws.ca and confirmed that this is legal. Section 3.03 indicates that the numbers and letters must be visible so that they can be accurately photographed. I have not had any problems.

IMG_3312.jpeg

IMG_3313.jpeg

machdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
Confirming front license plate bracket was mounted from the factory as mine arrived today. This was despite dealer notes that I requested no front license plate mount from 6/27/2020 order date.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Yea, the dealer should have deleted it from the order- they probably assumed it wouldn't be installed, but congrats on the delivery! Post a pic when it's all cleaned up!

Interesting that the "loose item checklist" sticker in your photos designated the bracket as a loose item... :rolleyes:

Confirming front license plate bracket was mounted from the factory as mine arrived today. This was despite dealer notes that I requested no front license plate mount from 6/27/2020 order date.

Last edited:

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
For bumper plugs, anyone know if "Carbonized Grey Pearl" listed on the site is the same used for the MME "Carbonized Grey"?

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 CMax, 2021 Rapid Red Mach-E FE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am not a fan of a front license plate. But I agree they are installed at the factory, all my other cars I ever ordered were. If I have to have a front plate, I want to make sure it is installed correctly and straight. Just my thoughts,.

Daniel M

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mustang Mach E, 2020 Ford Edge
Country flag

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
For bumper plugs, anyone know if "Carbonized Grey Pearl" listed on the site is the same used for the MME "Carbonized Grey"?
It is. The paint code is M7, just like in the ordering guide. I received mine and they match the color perfectly as I saw it on the 2021 Explorer. My only question now is where they put the holes in the cover, and how many. It looks from this picture that there are three holes, and two of them look like they're in the curved chamfer right above the flat Euro plate section. If that's the case, they won't sit flush at all and I might be better served to just leave the stupid bracket on.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
It is. The paint code is M7, just like in the ordering guide. I received mine and they match the color perfectly as I saw it on the 2021 Explorer. My only question now is where they put the holes in the cover, and how many. It looks from this picture that there are three holes, and two of them look like they're in the curved chamfer right above the flat Euro plate section. If that's the case, they won't sit flush at all and I might be better served to just leave the stupid bracket on.
I bought two sets of two. I am hoping to get my Mach E in a couple of days, I plan to ask the dealer to install them. If I do, I will post pics.

If what you are saying is correct about the curving bumper, it makes more sense to me why they would have wanted the factory to install these, but that must be one screwed up hole if the bumper curves where they drilled.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I bought two sets of two. I am hoping to get my Mach E in a couple of days, I plan to ask the dealer to install them. If I do, I will post pics.

If what you are saying is correct about the curving bumper, it makes more sense to me why they would have wanted the factory to install these, but that must be one screwed up hole if the bumper curves where they drilled.
if I was still issuing tickets I feel like we're on the verge of one here although I can't quite explain why

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Can confirm bracket came installed from factory on my Virginia Mach-E.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Front license plate F6A525B3-914B-49A1-A9C9-9136763F077D