krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
Not my Mach E but selling my other car. It was paid off three years ago. How do I get the title? Does CA DMV hold it and I have to request it?
Sponsored

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Not my Mach E but selling my other car. It was paid off three years ago. How do I get the title? Does CA DMV hold it and I have to request it?
No idea for Ca but ours are mailed to us when we pay off the financing in Alaska. I am sure you could do a quick internet search to get the correct answer for Ca.

gpgrim

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR 4XP, MB E-350, Exp. EB, Subaru XTrek
Occupation
Physicist
Country flag
Once the lien holder releases the lien, DMV mails the clear title to the address on record, typically within 30 to 60 days.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I would have expected that you would have received the title 3 years ago. Are you certain that you didn't?

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
In Mass you can go on the RMV site and request a title. Takes 3 weeks.

OP
OP
krafty81

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I would have expected that you would have received the title 3 years ago. Are you certain that you didn't?
Kind of different. Bought the car in AZ but registered in CA. Bank sent me the AZ title but I never got a CA title from DMV. Trying to figure it out.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Kind of different. Bought the car in AZ but registered in CA. Bank sent me the AZ title but I never got a CA title from DMV. Trying to figure it out.
Not an expert on California, but I believe they moved to digital titles. You should be able to find info on the California DMV website. www.dmv.ca.gov

jjhenry

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT, '69 Chevy C20, '99 Rodeo, '09 Vespa
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Check your CA registration card. If it says "Nontransferable/No California Title Issued," then the DMV never issued a CA title. I believe the lien owner should have sent the AZ title into the DMV in order for it to have been titled in CA.

If your registration does not indicate the above, it's possible the bank has your paper CA title, or it is an electronic title.

In any case, you'll have to file a REG 227, pay a small fee, and surrender the AZ title to get a CA title.

You may have to go through extra steps if your current address does not match the address on record. These two links should make things clear as mud. Good luck.

Non-Transferable Registration Conversion

Apply for Replacement Title

OP
OP
krafty81

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Talked to local DMV place. I just signed the AZ title over to the buyer and did a transfer of liability form to him. Up to him to register and title now.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My car is registered in NY and I want to transfer to Florida.

I called Ford and asked about the title. They said NY is paperless (they have Lien) and when I register in Florida there is a fax number Florida should use to get title transferred to them. Florida then holds it electronically.

at least that is what Ford said. When I go to DMV in Florida I shall see what happens.
Sponsored