unhandled

First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Is anyone else getting more Charging Paused lately with the Grizzl-E Smart? I’ve been getting those daily now. Turning breaker off/on or unplugging/re-plugging resumes the charging. On some instances I had to do that multiple times to reach my 90% target level. Charger firmware is at 5.53.
Sponsored

Bosox07

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR Premium 4x
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic Supervisor
Country flag
Is anyone else getting more Charging Paused lately with the Grizzl-E Smart? I’ve been getting those daily now. Turning breaker off/on or unplugging/re-plugging resumes the charging. On some instances I had to do that multiple times to reach my 90% target level. Charger firmware is at 5.53.
I came here looking for answers to the very same question. I've only had my MME for a week, so have only charged a few times. Twice now it has started charging as normal but stopped after 15 minutes. The first time was in the middle of the night, so I didn't realize it until I got in to go to work and it has only gained a few kW. The second time was during the day, so I unplugged and plugged back in the charge cord at the car and it worked just fine and got me to my 85% as intended. I just looked through the manual and this problem isn't addressed, so I'm not sure what to think.

dsheib

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD SR, Ducati Multistrada 1200S
Country flag
My car has been in the body shop for the past 6 weeks but the same thing was happening regularly to me. I finally changed the output from 40 amps to 32 and the problem went away, that's obviously not a good fix when the charger is sold as capable of 40 amps. I'm going to try changing it back when my car is repaired and make sure that's really the cause, at that point I'll be talking to Grizzl-E about getting it fixed. With this happening to multiple people I'm guessing it's not just a random defective component.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
I have the Grizzl-e Avalanche “dumb” charger. It works flawlessly. I control charge stop start etc. through the settings in the car or the phone app.
For those who went the smart charger route how do conflicts between what you set the car to do and what you set the charger to do get resolved?

OP
OP
unhandled

unhandled

First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@Bosox07 @dsheib Can you share the firmware version you are running? Just wondering if that’s due to a firmware version that was released a couple of weeks ago!

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
My car has been in the body shop for the past 6 weeks but the same thing was happening regularly to me. I finally changed the output from 40 amps to 32 and the problem went away, that's obviously not a good fix when the charger is sold as capable of 40 amps. I'm going to try changing it back when my car is repaired and make sure that's really the cause, at that point I'll be talking to Grizzl-E about getting it fixed. With this happening to multiple people I'm guessing it's not just a random defective component.
I have the classic Grizzl-E dumb charger set to 32 A and have had no issues. There is another thread in here somewhere about known issues with older builds of the Grizzl-e when set to 40 A, so it might be related to that. If you can live with 32 A, then it should be fine... but otherwise, reach out to Grizzl-E since it's a known issue and they can replace the hardware.

nor3bo

First Name
Jacques
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Prem 4X
Country flag
I'm currently on 5.51 as well, and used to charge no problem until this week.

For me, when plugging into the car it would simply flash blue and get stuck in preparing (or something like that), but does not move on to charge. I've unplugged it for a couple of minutes, and tried on a different car, but I only get the blue flashes and no charge.

I've also submitted a ticket to United Charges and was told to manually start a session. This is the reply:

>>>>>

We’re sorry to hear that! We have had a couple customers have this issue and our team is working on resolving it ASAP.

In the meanwhile, the charging session could be triggered manually as well -

On the acharger.ca portal, on the left-hand side below "Charging Stations" select "Diagnostics".

Click on the dropdown arrow to select the "RemoteStartTransaction" option, (you can leave the "Params" as is) and click "Send Command" once you are ready to charge your vehicle. This should allow the charging sessions to begin.

If you continue to have problems despite this conducting the WiFi Board Reset (page. 24 of our Manual https://grizzl-e.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/Grizzl-E_Smart_v11.1.pdf ) will resolve the issue. For the team being you can leave the unit disconnected from the WiFi network as it will charge you vehicle regardless (it will just flash alternating Blue/Purple instead of the Blue/Light Blue).

>>>>>>>>>>>

Maybe disconnecting from the WiFi could help too, but that defeats the purpose of having a smart evse....

OP
OP
unhandled

unhandled

First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’m noticing my station is not showing up anymore in the acharger portal. Anyone else experiencing this?

nor3bo

First Name
Jacques
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Prem 4X
Country flag
I’m noticing my station is not showing up anymore in the acharger portal. Anyone else experiencing this?
Same here, it disappeared for me yesterday afternoon. After that I decided to reset my wifi and now have a "dumb" charger until the fix their system

OP
OP
unhandled

unhandled

First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Same here, it disappeared for me yesterday afternoon. After that I decided to reset my wifi and now have a "dumb" charger until the fix their system
Curious about the switch to ChargeLab they mentioned in their notice, that looks like a major step up vs the current portal.

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
I have an old dumb Grizl-e, it was mostly working fine. There is only one problem I experience from time to time when disconnecting the charger.
If the charging is finished and you disconnect right away, everything is good. But if the charging ended long time ago and when I enter garage the car wakes up to greet me with lights then disconnection causes charging fault (amber light) and the car gives "service soon" error.

OP
OP
unhandled

unhandled

First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Haven’t had the Charging Paused for a few days now. Also, it’s showing again in the web portal.
Sponsored