sharkcom

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
Thanks much - I think it will probably be put on a UP train headed to So Cal (Mira Loma)/
Any update on your order? I am getting 10/31 for mine on the segfyi site but on Ford's site I am getting tomorrow (10/19). My dealership is in Long Beach.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
This black hole that some of us seem to have fallen into is annoying. been 19 days since mine shipped from Mexico and no palsapp updates, the VVR from my dealer has also not updated since it shipped. Nothing. No way to know if it ever left Mexico. Sure, knowing where it is doesn't make it move faster but it helps with expectations on when it might arrive.

Just venting. Doesn't get it here faster.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
yeah, I get the feeling that there are major transportation issues with this, and the cars are probably doing a lot of sitting around waiting for connections and transport of various kinds and places. it's a hard wait.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
This black hole that some of us seem to have fallen into is annoying. been 19 days since mine shipped from Mexico and no palsapp updates, the VVR from my dealer has also not updated since it shipped. Nothing. No way to know if it ever left Mexico. Sure, knowing where it is doesn't make it move faster but it helps with expectations on when it might arrive.

Just venting. Doesn't get it here faster.
I agree with you. In my case, I purchased a car from a dealer 7 hours drive away. I can't just drop by if the car shows up today and without any notice. I really need to have an idea when it will arrive so I can plan my trip. Most likely I will fly to NYC and get an Uber or something to the dealer in NJ. Or I will drive my old car up there and leave it if the trade in value is good. Probably not worth doing that, but regardless, I really need better visibility so I can plan ahead!

Come on @Ford Motor Company! If you are going to move closer to a special order delivery model, you really need to provide better visibility for your customers! If UPS and FedEx can do it with my order from Walmart, surely you can. Don't you know where all your $60k assets are at any point in time? You better.

Rant over.

Thor2j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Ford Raptor
Country flag
Just got official email from Ford that my delivery is delayed 2-3 weeks. Car was unloaded in KC on October 14th. Shipped 9/28. Not disappointed as it will give me more time to decide if I really want this car with its massive performance issues.

OP
OP

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
Just got official email from Ford that my delivery is delayed 2-3 weeks. Car was unloaded in KC on October 14th. Shipped 9/28. Not disappointed as it will give me more time to decide if I really want this car with its massive performance issues.
those emails are all over the place. When I was waiting for my Premium last Spring, my eta was March 24. when it was within a few days of that it changed to End of April. Car delivered April 7th.

That said, it seems like they are having trucking issues even moving cars from train to train. Train ride from Mexico is no more than 14 days but it seems it is taking a week more just to move them off that train (palsapp).

csilvest

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Rapid Red MME GT (Non-PE), '16 Mustang GT Conv
Occupation
IT Support
Country flag
Hard to say - I just rechecked palsapp and none of that data has changed since last week.

I also checked Union Pacific just now and it has changed slightly. It gave an Estimated Departure of today (10/14) at 2pm from "A-dense" (obviously I have no idea what it was saying) and the ETA to Industry has slipped by a day to 10/19 3a. Still not sure if "Industry" is Industry, Kansas or some other place. It's hard to believe it will take 4 1/2 days to go 150 miles...
An update in case it will help or interest anyone:
I was able to track the rail car indicated on the VVR over the last 5 or 6 days. It did not go to City of Industry in CA. It went through Nebraska, Wyoming, and Utah by 10/17. The last location I recognized was Ogden.

It seemed to take a shorter trip from there to what the automated system still insists is "Industry" - my guess is that it's in the vicinity of Salt Lake City, but only a guess. Yesterday (10/18) the automated trace had it's status as "Arrived" and today it's "Placed". It also mumbled out something "[ldkfjasdjkl] to unload". Me thinks it's being unloaded off the train to be put on a truck to my dealer here in Meridian, ID. At least I hope that's what's happening.

So far none of the usual order tracking information has updated - still shows ETAStartDate of 10/27 and ETAEndDate of 11/2. Hoping to get an updated VVR in the next day or two to get a better idea of what's happening.

spanky99L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti Q50, F250, 2000 Lightning
Occupation
I Blow Stuff Up
Country flag
An update in case it will help or interest anyone:
I was able to track the rail car indicated on the VVR over the last 5 or 6 days. It did not go to City of Industry in CA. It went through Nebraska, Wyoming, and Utah by 10/17. The last location I recognized was Ogden.

It seemed to take a shorter trip from there to what the automated system still insists is "Industry" - my guess is that it's in the vicinity of Salt Lake City, but only a guess. Yesterday (10/18) the automated trace had it's status as "Arrived" and today it's "Placed". It also mumbled out something "[ldkfjasdjkl] to unload". Me thinks it's being unloaded off the train to be put on a truck to my dealer here in Meridian, ID. At least I hope that's what's happening.

So far none of the usual order tracking information has updated - still shows ETAStartDate of 10/27 and ETAEndDate of 11/2. Hoping to get an updated VVR in the next day or two to get a better idea of what's happening.
What # did you use to track?

csilvest

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Rapid Red MME GT (Non-PE), '16 Mustang GT Conv
Occupation
IT Support
Country flag
What # did you use to track?
800-877-5123 (Union Pacific)
* 1st prompt "1" for English
* 2nd prompt say "Trace"
* 3rd prompt ("How many pieces of Equipment?") say "One"
* 4th prompt ("What's the 1st ID") say the railcar #
* 5th prompt ("Would you like a faxed copy of this trace?"). If yes, say or key in the fax number. I found this to be helpful when it was nearly impossible to understand what the automated voice system was saying

What I found kind of frustrating is that there is no option to repeat the information so if you miss it (easy to do) you have to start over at the 2nd or 3rd prompt. But it seems to have been a useful source of tracking.

Last edited:

spanky99L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti Q50, F250, 2000 Lightning
Occupation
I Blow Stuff Up
Country flag
800-877-5123 (Union Pacific)
* 1st prompt "1" for English
* 2nd prompt say "Trace"
* 3rd prompt ("How many pieces of Equipment?") say "One"
* 4th prompt ("What's the 1st ID")say the railcar #
* 5th prompt ("Would you like a faxed copy of this trace?"). If yes, say or key in the fax number. I found this to be helpful when it was nearly impossible to understand what the automated voice system was saying

What I found kind of frustrating is that there is no option to repeat the information so if you miss it (easy to do) you have to start over at the 2nd or 3rd prompt. But it seems to have been a useful source of tracking.
yours must actually be being moved by UP. I called and no record. Mine must be being moved by BNSF which doest have an ability to trace.

OP
OP

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
Anyone with a Oct 1 or later ship day see any confirmation that it reached KC yet? I see nothing so far, after 19 days.

Biggus Dickus

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Must GT PP2, 18 Focus RS, 21 GTPE, 20 Escape,
Country flag
Any update on your order? I am getting 10/31 for mine on the segfyi site but on Ford's site I am getting tomorrow (10/19). My dealership is in Long Beach.
I just got an email saying delayed to November 14.

I have NFI what is going on. It made it to KS - I know that much

SyNRG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport & 2021 MME Select (SR) RWD
Occupation
Healthcare Data Analysis
Country flag
Anyone with a Oct 1 or later ship day see any confirmation that it reached KC yet? I see nothing so far, after 19 days.
yes, palsapp updated yesterday evening with Muncie, KS.

Biggus Dickus

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Must GT PP2, 18 Focus RS, 21 GTPE, 20 Escape,
Country flag
I received the same email. ETA now 11/14/21 from 10/22/21. Jesus.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Order: 5/21/21
Build week: 8/23
Production: 8/30
Chip module: 9/27
Shipped: 9/28
Palsapp says delivered 10/17, Muncie Ramp blah blah blah.
Orig eta of 10/25-10/31 went to 10/12-10/18, then 10/17-10/23, now, it just changed to 11/1-11/7 yesterday.

Trucker shortages yo.

If Ford stops the Options 2.25% and $1000 rebate before I get our 4X I’m gonna go apeshit. ?
Sponsored