GT Performance Edition vs Standard GT worth it?

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I just traded my Model Y for a used BMW i4 eDrive40 with adaptive suspension (I test drove a M50 trim last week and knew I wanted one)

Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition vs Standard GT worth it? 7CB8CF18-D0AC-4018-BB5B-D9A87544D4FF
The i4 has the suspension every EV should have. The Model Y has a skateboard hard suspension and the MME (still own a GTPE) is fine with MagneRide in Unbridled but otherwise in Engaged/Whisper (which is similar to the Premium modes) it will harmonically bounce over some surfaces. It’s not a very predictable suspension.
Sponsored

Zer0t

Threads
Reaction score
Rumson, NJ; Marco Island, FL; Amelia Island, FL
Vehicles
2023 Model S Plaid
Country flag
BMW i4 looks like a great car. I saw one at a charger off 95 in the Carolina Premium Outlets EA (NC). The owner had just picked it up at Prestige BMW in Bergen County NJ and were driving it home to SC. They were really enjoying it.

Last edited:

Auto Motive

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mustang mach e GT performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Is the GT PE worth it over the Standard GT? Are the GT PE seats comfy enough for a long trip? thx
Yes. Sport seats are the best. Only improvement for me at 6ft 2in is more height for the thighs. Magnaride and brembo seal the deal.

Space Ghost GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GLE 450, space white GT received 11/04/22
Occupation
Nerd
Country flag
I just wish a certain few on this forum would simple stop lying through their teeth about how super mega awesome amazing “mag” ride is on the GTPE. FORD has done the technology a massive disservice by phoning in the calibration. No surprise given the shoddy engineering of the vehicle as a whole.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I just wish a certain few on this forum would simple stop lying through their teeth about how super mega awesome amazing “mag” ride is on the GTPE. FORD has done the technology a massive disservice by phoning in the calibration. No surprise given the shoddy engineering of the vehicle as a whole.
It definitely needs tuning. Ford improved BlueCruise and 1PD blended braking over the past year. Here’s hoping they spend some time tweaking MagneRide settings.

Right now, I can’t drive in Whisper on the GTPE. Too bouncy. It’s almost Chevy Bolt EUV bad.

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
It definitely needs tuning. Ford improved BlueCruise and 1PD blended braking over the past year. Here’s hoping they spend some time tweaking MagneRide settings.

Right now, I can’t drive in Whisper on the GTPE. Too bouncy. It’s almost Chevy Bolt EUV bad.
Have you tried playing with the settings in forscan? There's variables in there that can be tweaked.

Lambo

First Name
Lambo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTP
Country flag
From my experience, the addition of features like the Performance Edition make cars a lot easier to sell when you are ready to move on, and allow you to command higher price for it too. It's not going to get you back the full $6000 that you put into it, but you will get a substantial amount of it back on resale and you will have the fun of the features when you have owned the car. That, along with the magneride and the improved seats is why I chose to go with the performance edition.

MightyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTPE/Acura RDX/Saturn Ion
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
The main reason I got a GTPE was for the magnaride suspension. Totally worth it. Also the seats are better.

The main disadvantages are the loss in range (not really an issue, but my wife likes to look at the GOM and criticize :) and the summer tires (I live in the north...Hate having to buy new tires).

Either way, I love it, and would definitely do it again.

MIke

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
On what do you base your evaluation? Do you own a Mach-E with Magneride? Have you ever even ridden in one, while it's being forcefully thrown around apexes? From a GTPE owner who has done exactly that.

Thor2j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Ford Raptor
Country flag
On what do you base your evaluation? Do you own a Mach-E with Magneride? Have you ever even ridden in one, while it's being forcefully thrown around apexes? From a GTPE owner who has done exactly that.
I have a lot of time in both and pushing themhard. No difference. Day to day magna ride better all the way .

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I have a lot of time in both and pushing themhard. No difference. Day to day magna ride better all the way .
On a smooth road, pushing hard, shouldn’t be much different.

Rough road, pushing hard, mag ride slightly better.

Rough road daily driving, there will be a large difference.

That’s really what makes mag ride “different,” it can handle well AND ride well. With a regular suspension, you have to pick one or the other. And the best thing? With mag ride it changes how stiff it is with the push of a button.

Where can Ford do better? Give us a wider range of mag ride tuning options and make them a separate setting.

Space Ghost GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Nerd
Country flag
I’ve driven one and like many others have said on this forum it’s crap.

Shelbeast

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT Delivered 9/9/22, GT500
Occupation
Sausage Maker
Country flag
I have not driven both, but I am super happy with the standard GT for daily driving. Drive about 200 miles weekly. I had plans to "somewhat" drive aggressive. I posted the same question and got attacked by another user.

Last edited:

Space Ghost GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Nerd
Country flag
I have not driven both, but I am super happy with the standard GT for daily driving. Drive about 200 miles weekly. I had plans to drive super aggressive. I posted the same question and got attacked by another user.
Yah they’re a lot of really uninformed zealots on here that think because they did a few print ads they know what they’re talking about. I used to be a product developer then project manager for a tire company and they’ll still die on a hill named pedantic.
I too wanted to have fun in this car and take it to an auto cross to break the hearts of a few Miata owners but that’s not going to happen. It’s a nice daily commuter but that’s it, besides the theme park acceleration. I even put 255 DWS06+ at delivery and it doesn’t matter. The chassis tuning is flawed and baked into the platform. The axle to firewall ratio isn’t in its favor for being a “handler”. Also I have a theory about the issues with the ride ie proposing issue. I want to have my engineering buddy who used to the chief development test driver for Honda drive it, to get his opinion before I spill the beans.

Shelbeast

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT Delivered 9/9/22, GT500
Occupation
Sausage Maker
Country flag
Yah they’re a lot of really uninformed zealots on here that think because they did a few print ads they know what they’re talking about. I used to be a product developer then project manager for a tire company and they’ll still die on a hill named pedantic.
I too wanted to have fun in this car and take it to an auto cross to break the hearts of a few Miata owners but that’s not going to happen. It’s a nice daily commuter but that’s it, besides the theme park acceleration. I even put 255 DWS06+ at delivery and it doesn’t matter. The chassis tuning is flawed and baked into the platform. The axle to firewall ratio isn’t in its favor for being a “handler”. Also I have a theory about the issues with the ride ie proposing issue. I want to have my engineering buddy who used to the chief development test driver for Honda drive it, to get his opinion before I spill the beans.
Agree on all points. Ford made the ST's, owned 2. They really handled well, but Ford could not do better for the 70K MME GT.
Sponsored