Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Also, the complaints about losing “big tiles” because of tire pressure info: proof you really cannot please everyone LOL.
The big tiles are too big, the small tiles are too small. There was a happy medium to the two, but Ford refuses to maximize the real estate in the tile itself, pushing text away from the edges and adding things not needed.
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Also, the complaints about losing “big tiles” because of tire pressure info: proof you really cannot please everyone LOL.
It's true that nothing will please everyone. But the number of people pleased will always be much higher if you give them the option to choose. Why take away choices that have already existed?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Well, we didn’t get one-tap rear hatch access, but we did get one-tap cam access. Moving in the right direction.
<SNIP>.
Camera access means zero to me since Ford would not let me buy the cameras. 🤷‍♂️🐩

Lift gate button… 😎🐩

Ford Mustang Mach-E Happy accident at Ford service! I got the new updated SYNC 4A installed!! Non Early-Access 3494F471-A1CD-4AB2-9591-FF9E088D4354

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
It's true that nothing will please everyone. But the number of people pleased will always be much higher if you give them the option to choose. Why take away choices that have already existed?
Apple does this all the time. The answer: consistency and simplification.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Since everyone seems to have an opinion about unbridled vs. unbridle, Ford has an opportunity to add an Easter egg here IMHO. You could hold down on the button for 5 seconds to toggle the “d” at the end on and off. Now everyone can be happy. That would be epic. 😆

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Does the knob press and turn still activate the Calm screen as well?

Yes but Unbridled would be the adjective for, modifying “Mode”. Of course, that would mean the standard mode should have been “Engaged”.
Well, maybe since model T based everything on Space Balls…….

Did Ford decide to go with Blazing Saddles?

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Since everyone seems to have an opinion about unbridled vs. unbridle, Ford has an opportunity to add an Easter egg here IMHO. You could hold down on the button for 5 seconds to toggle the “d” at the end on and off. Now everyone can be happy. That would be epic. 😆
Brought to you by the same guy who added the shrink/expand button to the car graphic on FordPass.

MisterSofa

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Toyota Corolla, 2022 Ford MachE Premium AWD
Country flag
Because the current implementation sucks with the slow UI, and a dedicated camera button is the #1 most wanted feature addition by Mach-E owners according to this poll. The camera is a huge help while parking. If you want to use it to park, you have to stop, wait, hit menu, wait, hit camera, wait, before it will come up. Probably takes close to 10 seconds which is long enough to get honked at in a lot. The gripe comes from the fact that most other Ford vehicles with 360º cameras have a dedicated hard button to activate them, but for whatever reason Ford decided that wasn't necessary on the Mach-E and buried the button in a menu with a slow response time. It's so annoying to use, some people (ahem, Mark) have actually gone to the trouble of wiring in and programming their own physical camera button as a workaround.

But I'm very glad they added the camera button, it wasn't in the builds a month or two ago. Clearly Ford listened to our feedback loud and clear, and added it to the latest SYNC build last minute, and I thank them for doing that (now they just need to release it for everyone). It is so new, the latest 2023 deliveries don't even have it yet.
I haven’t needed a camera to park in my 40 years of driving. I just look in front of me. Why take your eyes off of the road?

Fins160

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE Select C/T Dark Matter Gray
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
But does it fix the profile issues (especially during remote start), CarPlay disconnects, and PAAK consistency issues that have been there since 3.5.x,

Shaka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford MME GTPE
Country flag
I haven’t needed a camera to park in my 40 years of driving. I just look in front of me. Why take your eyes off of the road?
Besides possible needs at home/garage parking (I front into my garage, for the same reason As I’m about to explain)— the BEST example here is DC fast charging. Because our charge port sits in the fore half of the car not the aft/rear quarter panels like many/most vehicles, you will find that on road trip you need to DC fast you’l FRONT into a space, not back into a space.

As there are often items you’ll want to avoid hitting that are hard to see (parking curbs, charging towers, cables, etc) - the camera provides a better “last minute” view of the obstacles. As you get to the last 6-12” fronting into thone spaces, the camera is a godsend. Being able to pull it up on screen faster, more efficiently, and more safely, will be a nice feature that many of us will sue often.

(the camera does auto turn on, in many instances, but sometime it doesn’t or is delayed, so manual camera initiation Is ideal)

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Well, we didn’t get one-tap rear hatch access, but we did get one-tap cam access. Moving in the right direction.

I don’t suppose there is setting now to adjust auto cam activation sensitivity?

Very true, but put me in the big tile camp. I have driven over things that have caused an air leak in my tires many, many times in my driving life.

In fact, since I have the big tire pressure tile always on my screen, I noticed one of the tires had lower pressure than the others, which it never has in the past. Yep, it had a screw in it. Got it fixed before it caused any impact to me or my travel plans.

I also like to monitor the efficiency and distance in another tile. I find the tiles super useful and taking away that feature is kind of a big deal for me. I don't have a 360 camera and that is really the best part of the update. So I am in no hurry for the OTA...
Sponsored