AFVolt

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Country flag
The heated seats control is a slider for off, low, medium & high.

When trying to turn off the heated seats, I slide it down to the off position and hit the down arrow to close the slider. But when doing so that arrow but be on top of the seat control graphic below it and turns it back on. To get around it we slide it off and let the control slider go away on its own.

I know, first world problem.

My suggestion would be to treat it as a toggle button. Press the seat icon each time to cycle through the settings. Get rid of the slider control.

The climate control Auto button works this way to cycle through the levels of Automatic control.

Seems to be a simpler means of control then displaying another graphic display.
Sponsored

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
And when running Auto heat, to turn it off, I have to open the full screen Climate page and press the off button. How stupid is that. The auto cycles 1,2,3, but not off like the heated steering wheel? Who misses these obvious functional things at Ford? It's like they chose the most illogical team of engineers they could find to make these choices.

TheStig

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GB Mach-E FE, 2023 Porsche GT4
Country flag
I've been pretty happy just leaving the seat heater on the "auto" setting. It tends to turn on and off exactly when I want it to. Wish the steering wheel heater had the same thing.

capt_jak_harkness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
My suggestion would be to treat it as a toggle button. Press the seat icon each time to cycle through the settings. Get rid of the slider control.

The climate control Auto button works this way to cycle through the levels of Automatic control.

100% agree

capt_jak_harkness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
And when running Auto heat, to turn it off, I have to open the full screen Climate page and press the off button. How stupid is that. The auto cycles 1,2,3, but not off like the heated steering wheel? Who misses these obvious functional things at Ford? It's like they chose the most illogical team of engineers they could find to make these choices.
100% agree

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
The heated seats control is a slider for off, low, medium & high.

When trying to turn off the heated seats, I slide it down to the off position and hit the down arrow to close the slider. But when doing so that arrow but be on top of the seat control graphic below it and turns it back on. To get around it we slide it off and let the control slider go away on its own.

I know, first world problem.

Touch “Off” to turn it off.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
The slider is dumb. Get rid of it. Just a normal tap is fine.

I also agree that the auto hvac button should turn "off" when you hit it again after 1 bar of auto fan limit. It is annoying to have to open the full panel to shut it off.

Honestly I prefer real buttons still. Even in Tesla which I think Ford is just trying to copy with this screen setup. I don't need ALL of them, but just the basics.

Also please put cooled seats in. They're already perforated, why not add the fan.

Jako607

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bolt
Country flag
Ditto on everything above! I have to take my eyes off the road wayyyy longer than I should to turn on/adjust heated seats or turn off climate. I still can't believe Ford allowed SYNC voice to turn on and adjust climate but not turn it off, or at least have 1 simple button press to turn it off. Just not sure how that made it past initial review before production. Wish there was a way to submit free text feedback to the appropriate people. I can't find their head of software development (Aziz Makkiya) on twitter...he probably knows he'd be getting messages all day if he was haha.

RockDaphne98296

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E FE, 2016 F-350 Super Duty XLT
Occupation
Commercial Aerospace Interiors
Country flag
I have noticed the same for the heated seats - the slider is actually pulling my attention away from the road for too long... Same for the auto cabin conditioning "button" or lack thereof on the main driving screen - I am getting practiced at using time at stop lights to cycle through stuff that I would normally do with a blindly tapped button! Definitely first world problems but seems overly complicated! I am thinking there is a setting configuration I just haven't figured out - because it is very cool that there are so many settings - If I was a hypermiler I would be thrilled! I am looking to find my normal and then never have to touch a thing ;-D

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
you must not know any engineers. Trust me - this is i am sure totally logical to them. The engineers are probably saying why would they want it that way? Ford should have a"suggestion box" Put into action the ones that have the most suggestions or complaints.

prdude

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White w/Gray MME Prem ER RWD, 01 Miata
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
Are you trying to power the climate control system off or just take it out of auto mode? I'm asking because changing the fan speed will kick the climate control system out of auto mode
Sponsored