MICO

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, Rapid Red
Country flag
A few weeks ago I posted this question, then went away on vacation and now I'm looking for any replies. (Can't even find the question I posted??)
My Ford pass shows I live at another street number, however the info in my profile is correct!
I tried to edit my profile, by erasing and retyping my address but the address on the vehicle page still shows the wrong house number.
I called Ford and they can't get it corrected. (it took 4 or 5 calls to get to someone who understood the problem) They said that's how their system reads the GPS info. I can't buy that, The navigation system shows my address so why can't the Ford Pass show the correct house number. (It shows 3504 instead of the correct address number at 3508) Another one of Ford's better ideas!
Can someone tell me how to correct this situation
Hopefully, this posted thread won't get lost
Sponsored

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I don't know if you can override what the navigation is seeing, but if the car thinks it is at a different address than what you have the charge settings for, you can just add the other nearby addresses as they pop up to the charging profile so that it uses the correct charger settings regardless of whether the vehicle thinks it is in your driveway or the next door neighbor's driveway.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Mine is the same way. The FP house number displayed is incorrect. But it doesnā€™t impact my charging schedule. Since my charging schedule is working correctly thereā€™s nothing to ā€˜fixā€™.

Here are 3 solutions.
1. Think of the FP display as an approximate address.

2. Put a piece of tape or your finger over the screen so you cannot see the address.

3. Ignore it.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I got around this issue in the rural area I live in by using the use present position option when setting up my home location instead of an address. Eventually through some sort of magic I suppose, the two merged. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

MarkP213

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X Premium, Infinite Blue
Country flag
I have a similar problem with the built in navigation. Weā€™re in a rural area and it shows my house across the street from where it actually is - in an empty field. It was suggested on the forum to report the error to: https://wego.here.com/ (map company that Ford uses?), but after several attempts, and it never getting fixed, I gave up.

OP
OP
MICO

MICO

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, Rapid Red
Country flag
I don't know if you can override what the navigation is seeing, but if the car thinks it is at a different address than what you have the charge settings for, you can just add the other nearby addresses as they pop up to the charging profile so that it uses the correct charger settings regardless of whether the vehicle thinks it is in your driveway or the next door neighbor's driveway.

Itā€™s not the navigation program. That works fine. The Ford Pass on the Vehicle page at the top, shows one house number, the incorrect one, but my profile page shows another house number, the correct one
Ford canā€™t match the house numbers!

• Wow
Reactions: ARK

Tom L

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Clarity
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
A few weeks ago I posted this question, then went away on vacation and now I'm looking for any replies. (Can't even find the question I posted??)
My Ford pass shows I live at another street number, however the info in my profile is correct!
I tried to edit my profile, by erasing and retyping my address but the address on the vehicle page still shows the wrong house number.
I called Ford and they can't get it corrected. (it took 4 or 5 calls to get to someone who understood the problem) They said that's how their system reads the GPS info. I can't buy that, The navigation system shows my address so why can't the Ford Pass show the correct house number. (It shows 3504 instead of the correct address number at 3508) Another one of Ford's better ideas!
Can someone tell me how to correct this situation
Hopefully, this posted thread won't get lost
I have exactly the same situation with wrong house number but correct street in a rural area. I have found that it does not create any problems beyond the annoyance of showing the wrong house number.

Southern92

First Name
Jeffery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 BMW i3
Country flag
Guess its good to see I'm not alone! (Or I've been charging in my neighbor's garage for quite some time! lol)

Tom L

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Clarity
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Guess its good to see I'm not alone! (Or I've been charging in my neighbor's garage for quite some time! lol)
Hmm. I donā€™t like my neighbor much. Think there is a way for the power company to bill him when I plug in? Maybe just once.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
When I park at the front end of my driveway the address reads 51, when I pull to the rear of the driveway (distance of maybe 20 ft. ) the address reads the correct 49....I just ignore the difference......

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
If the address is wrong, but everything works fine, get a life.
Hmm, curmudgeon index is running high today Rick, whatā€™s up?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Hmm, curmudgeon index is running high today Rick, whatā€™s up?
It's simply stupid. If you know that it displays 3267 instead of 3269, but everything works fine, and that bothers you, that's ridiculous. My power company has my home in their database correctly. In their app, on the outage page, it shows us miles away. They stated it wasn't an issue, and wasn't going to get fixed for a long time. I would complain every outage, because I didn't believe them that the outages showed at the proper location. They didn't care.

We have many outages a year because the feed to our underground utilities is through a heavily wooded area. So we use the app to report outages. On that note, we just installed a whole house generator so we can travel without worrying about pipes freezing or sump pump not running.

alockbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I have a similar problem with the built in navigation. Weā€™re in a rural area and it shows my house across the street from where it actually is - in an empty field. It was suggested on the forum to report the error to: https://wego.here.com/ (map company that Ford uses?), but after several attempts, and it never getting fixed, I gave up.
I did this, and although it took months, they did fix it. My entire neighborhood was off by years of old data. Shameful.
Howeverā€¦the car STILL shows the wrong address two doors down when Iā€™m in my driveway. No wonder they are partnering with Google. This is such a simple thing to do right in modern times and Ford clearly chose the cheapest partners they could get. Cheap = not enough funds spent on continual updates.
Sponsored