Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Grizzl-e off in the distance with the cable running along the ceiling...

Ford Mustang Mach-E How Do You Roll (your charging cable)? 20230123_135653
Sponsored

emersonsdad

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME CA R1
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E How Do You Roll (your charging cable)? 19FEBE86-C2E6-416D-BEB4-E386F693856B

Mine is boring!

Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD ER, Star White
Occupation
IT Support
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E How Do You Roll (your charging cable)? IMG_7461
Ford Mustang Mach-E How Do You Roll (your charging cable)? IMG_7462

My version of "Pull and Slide".
Keeps the cables off the floor and relatively clean.

woody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Chevy Bolt
Country flag
Clipper Creek. It has a lip and we loop (larger loops than shown by most in this post) the cord around it. It came with a plug holder which we plug into when not charging.
We have a movable cabinet protecting the cord and EVSE.

Ford Mustang Mach-E How Do You Roll (your charging cable)? 20210506_172005

3 car garage. Two spaces (stack: front to rear) to right of EVSE, one space to left. EVSE can reach three EVs, as long as one is the size of a Bolt.

Last edited:

Jax_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT (Build in progress)
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E How Do You Roll (your charging cable)? Image_20230127_201357_986

Inspired by other peoples' setups.
I’m jealous of your tall ceilings, but it does make your garage door opener look like a spider!

ponEpwr

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTPE, F-150
Country flag
A little bit of a pain dragging the cable around the front of the car. But it gives me the ability to charge in the driveway or garage. Plus I only charge once a week for the most part.

20230128_081113.jpg

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag
Clipper Creek. It has a lip and we loop (larger loops than shown by most in this post) the cord around it. It came with a plug holder which we plug into when not charging.
We have a movable cabinet protecting the cord and EVSE.

Ford Mustang Mach-E How Do You Roll (your charging cable)? 20230128_081113

3 car garage. Two spaces (stack: front to rear) to right of EVSE, one space to left. EVSE can reach three EVs, as long as one is the size of a Bolt.
You have an oven in there as well for snacks. :)😍🍕🍔🌭🍰🍩🥮🎂🍨🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧 Whoops, got carried away. The Mach E won't fit in most UK garages as the car is too wide/entrance too narrow.😭

woody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Chevy Bolt
Country flag
You have an oven in there as well for snacks. :)😍🍕🍔🌭🍰🍩🥮🎂🍨🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧 Whoops, got carried away. The Mach E won't fit in most UK garages as the car is too wide/entrance too narrow.😭
And.... to the left of the "oven" is the Level1 supply cord. Both (Level1 & Level2) supply can easily reach all three (EV) parking spots.
The "oven", as well as the crock pots (shelf above), are stored there - use them in kitchen. Even have a really old tech. (70 years) deep fryer (for pommes frites) and a George Foreman grill out there (out of picture). Even my outside grill is electric.
Ubiquitous electricity.
Use No fossil fuel/carbon emitting sources for energy. Just that little star shining up there (with a little help from my solar panels).
Even had the syndicate remove their natural gas lines from my property. Had to pay the bastards to do it. But what to do when they have that many guns pointed at you?

Do they waive the toll on the M6 for the MME when you venture to the big city? Does it save (enough) time anyhow?

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag
Do they waive the toll on the M6 for the MME when you venture to the big city? Does it save (enough) time anyhow?
Still have to pay.

I do try NOT to venture to Birmingham if I can help it. One way system is a nightmare plus most of the road markings are rubbed off so in the wet at night you can't see which lane you're supposed to be in and of course no one will let you in to change lanes so you end going in a different direction to that intended. The sat nav can't keep up with the necessary lane changes.

There is the A5 and A452 which run along side the M6 toll so I use those if I happen to be in the area. I don't know if it saves time but it saves anxiety not using the toll.

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag

LaFong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT 2023 Vapor Blue Metallic
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
I mounted my charger in my carport, and looked for a slim cabinet to protect it. I ended up getting a cabinet for a Tesla charger and modifying it. The charger was between two fascia boards and I wanted the cabinet to stick out minimally from the wall. Also, my holstered ChargePoint charger sticks out a bit. So I decided to remove most of the back and install it over the top.

Ford Mustang Mach-E How Do You Roll (your charging cable)? IMG_0632

Removed the door and temperature gauge.
Ford Mustang Mach-E How Do You Roll (your charging cable)? IMG_0636

Removed the internal brackets with an oscillating saw, etc
Ford Mustang Mach-E How Do You Roll (your charging cable)? IMG_0637
Ford Mustang Mach-E How Do You Roll (your charging cable)? IMG_0635

I measured my opening on the back and used a utility knife for a few hours to score it as heavily as possible.
Ford Mustang Mach-E How Do You Roll (your charging cable)? IMG_0640

Drilled a hole near one side and used the oscillating saw to remove material. I created tabs of metal which I could then break at the score lines.
Ford Mustang Mach-E How Do You Roll (your charging cable)? IMG_0643

I removed the remaining metal, bending the tabs back and forth at the score lines. Unfortunately, the back bottom and top edge were merely edge spot welded and shook loose. So I epoxied those and painted.
Ford Mustang Mach-E How Do You Roll (your charging cable)? IMG_0645
Ford Mustang Mach-E How Do You Roll (your charging cable)? IMG_0647

I put rubber edging over the newly cut metal and mounted it with some wood inserts and bolts. The bottom slugs also loosened so I siliconed those. I added a velcro cinch to fully retract the holster, otherwise the handle trigger gets pushed in by the door (it's that tight).
Ford Mustang Mach-E How Do You Roll (your charging cable)? IMG_0654

We have wasps, so I put some screen and a plug at the bottom. I also added small filler boards between the fascia boards top and bottom.
Ford Mustang Mach-E How Do You Roll (your charging cable)? IMG_0658
Ford Mustang Mach-E How Do You Roll (your charging cable)? IMG_0656

Ford Mustang Mach-E How Do You Roll (your charging cable)? IMG_0649

SinaiKD

First Name
Dwain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT
Country flag
Over & Down

From the west wall over the top and down the center since I back into my side. I use a ChargePointe (direct wire 60 amp) so I can have the Ford Charger in the boot with my Modern Spare when on road trips.

02B95A27-1FD5-4ADE-94F0-1660990E5388.jpeg

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
I have no charger at home

OP
OP

Unclespike102

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
You’re spot on - why didn’t I attached the strain relief. Probably cause, I’m blonde, balding and grey🤭
Sponsored