How Long Will You Keep Your Mustang Mach E?

How long do you plan on keeping your Mustang Mach E?

• Total voters

exact33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Fusion
Country flag
Probably 5'ish - 8 Years. First year CR1. Would love ventilated seats/HUD like our old KonaEV

Other issues that keep popping up on the SYNC and hearing the SYNC will be replaced with Android Automobile means the SYNC will be obsolete soon enough.

Would like a smaller car for the Mrs., so hoping for a Pinto EV
I'll likely keep mine for some time period although I am going to order another MME in another year or so and then hand it down to someone else
Sponsored

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Just got my 2nd MME GT 2 weeks ago. Though I'd love to keep it, our budget won't allow us to keep this and our Rivian truck due presumably in 4 - 9 months. But then a few months later we expect to take delivery of our Rivian SUV - provided we've not fallen in love with the truck. Maybe a year after that we'll at least entertain taking delivery of a Fisker Ocean. But I'd say the chances are better than average that we'll settle with our new Cadillac Lyriq we expect to receive a year further down the road. And if things go reasonably well, we'll hopefully just pay cash and be done. Maybe. :)
Wow, I normally don't care about the $7,500 fed tax credit abuse, but holy cow, you're like just pumping through them.

ToadStool

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E GT
Country flag
Wow, I normally don't care about the $7,500 fed tax credit abuse, but holy cow, you're like just pumping through them.
You seem like such a caring soul. If you did your research, you'd know that one is only eligible for 2 maybe 3 Fed tax rebates. But I've still got 4 EV's to go. Probably more.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
You seem like such a caring soul. If you did your research, you'd know that one is only eligible for 2 maybe 3 Fed tax rebates. But I've still got 4 EV's to go. Probably more.
Lol, if you did your research you'd know you can get as many fed tax rebates as your income allows, so long as the purpose is for use, not for resale.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I have had 3 already, but my Hummer will not be eligible.

ToadStool

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E GT
Country flag
Lol, if you did your research you'd know you can get as many fed tax rebates as your income allows, so long as the purpose is for use, not for resale.
Stop teasing me as you're getting me all excited here.

I'm pretty sure the max Fed tax credits for EV's was 3. According to my limited research about 6 months ago. Can't seem to find that limit right now.

If it's more than 3, sweet, then my plan is even better than I thought. If my government who always has my best interests at heart is encouraging me to buy EV's with such incentives like returning my own monies back to myself, who am I not to indulge them? :)

Oh, yeah. It's even more fun since I pay almost no sales tax for vehicle purchases. I probably couldn't do this if it weren't for the miniscule sales tax. My buddy in California and I purchased our first MME GT's at the same time. When mine arrived I paid like $500 in sales tax. On the other hand, when my buddy took delivery of his identical GT in California, he paid something like $5500 sales tax. That's a bit of a choker.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ARK

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag

ToadStool

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E GT
Country flag
Do not have it yet, hopefully by Xmas. Then I can finally get rid of my 13 year old GMC truck.
I've not done much research on the Hummer but from the few pics I saw, it seemed quite nice. Way outta' my price range. But really looks nice. Congrats.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I've not done much research on the Hummer but from the few pics I saw, it seemed quite nice. Way outta' my price range. But really looks nice. Congrats.
I have not gotten to drive one yet, but got to look around and sit in one when they had them in Phoenix for the media event. Equivalent in size to a Raptor. Here are a couple of them next to my MME.

Ford Mustang Mach-E How Long Will You Keep Your Mustang Mach E? HumMachE

ToadStool

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E GT
Country flag
I have not gotten to drive one yet, but got to look around and sit in one when they had them in Phoenix for the media event. Equivalent in size to a Raptor. Here are a couple of them next to my MME.

Ford Mustang Mach-E How Long Will You Keep Your Mustang Mach E? HumMachE
Very nice.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
My answer is not on the list, I will keep it until I have a significant reason to get something else. The two things that would make me want to upgrade are faster charging (800v architecture) and GT without the 5-second rule. With a third, that would make my consideration list and that's if the premium was offered with magneride .

Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MMEGT - sold, '23 BMW i4 M50, various others
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I am keeping mine until last Thursday.... Sold the GT.

Londonboy49

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium Extended Range AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Year old last week. Not sure how long will keep it. Depends on how the suspension and range improves. Had my Jaguar S-type for 21 years.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Maybe this has been said by why isn’t there a category, “return car when option plan balloon note comes due”

maybe I said it already, who can remember
Sponsored

Last edited: