How long are you planning to keep your current Mach-E?

• Total voters

tfitzgex

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium extended range AWD
Country flag
How long are you going to keep your Mach-E?
Since trade in values are plummeting, do you keep it and pay it off or trade it in and get something newer/something else?
Sponsored

Chicago-E

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE Iconic Silver, 2021 GTPE Space White
Occupation
Generator Technician
Country flag
Trade in value has absolutely shit the bed the last month. KBB says 38-42k for my 2021 GTPE with 15k miles. Carvana just offer $30,350 to sell to them. So now I’ll like drive it until 100k plus miles some I’ll lose my ass trading it in. Debating on getting the grainger extended warranty soon

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
I expect we'll hit 200k miles a lot sooner than with any of our previous vehicles. As far as I can tell, there aren't any better BEVs with similar capabilities on the horizon, so I find it difficult to imagine giving up the Mustang.

Bayviews88

First Name
Kenya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Rte1 RWD, Space White
Country flag
I love my MachE and I financed it with a Ford Options plan, so with the current drop in value for used MachEs I expect to keep mine at least through end of the Options plan (2026).

My only concern is if my needs change and I really need AWD or a larger SUV before 2026.

randomvoice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
I've had very little complains so won't be shocked if I keep it for 6-7 years as long as it doesn't give me trouble. I tend to keep cars for a bit. My older Mazda is hitting 8 years and I'll probably replace it with another EV in a couple of years.

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Well, I just traded in my '21 Select RWD SR, for a '23 Premium RWD SR.....with the supply going up and sales going down somewhat, trade in value took a dive.....my dealer had many Mache 's "on the lot" and even had set aside at least 2 for loaners....

I ordered the new Premium for several reasons, one the color, went from car. grey to Red......the other reasons were kind of personal.....my wife had been sick with alzheimers for years, quite bad for the last 3 1/2 years.... she passed on 12-24-22.....the grey Select had some bad memories dealing with all that, so my son encouraged me to spend some of his inheritance, haha

my '21 Select was one of the best cars I've owned, not one bit of trouble ( I am a Ford guy ).....of course I use it simply, as a car, not a "computer on wheels", haha.....I usually keep cars 6-10 years......next one who knows, at almost 76, we see what happens, haha

DR.J56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-350. 2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I will have 50K miles by the end of this year on my 21 Premium. I’m eyeing the R!S but not 100% sold on it. looks like they have issues too. Go figure. I would like the extra space and it’s definitely something different. I'm a bit bored with my MME at this point. I figure by the time the R!S actually comes in I’ll be around 75K plus.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I never watch trade-in value to determine how long to own a vehicle. We expect to keep it until Ford has a 3 row EV, i.e. sitting 6 or more. So probably 3 to 4 years.

RKinWA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE AWD Space White Metallic
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
My current MME is number 22 for vehicles I have owned. The only vehicle I have owned longer than 3 years was my Lincoln MKZ, which I had for 5 years. Hell I've already had 2 MMEs this year 🤣 I really want to keep this one for a while, but as soon as the '25s come out, with NACS and probably (hopefully) faster charging, I will be switching.

Susanne76

First Name
Susanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mach E Select AWD
Country flag
I have owned 3 previous Fords (1 x Explorer and 2 x Edge) and drove them all well over 7 years and > 100,000 miles. However I think there will be some better battery efficiency EVs coming out and as much as I love my car I am thinking it’s going to be maybe a 2-year relationship…
Sponsored