How long are you planning to keep your current Mach-E?

• Total voters

Vulnox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB, 2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Wish the survey included Ford Options owners since that has been a popular method of buying the car, because we were going to finance but it was a better deal to do options with the rebate and interest rate.

With that in mind, we will most likely only keep it until the 3 year options is up. I am actually glad that the rebates were so good it "pushed" us to options, because with NACS and the advancement of the BEV space, we might have been hurting whenever we did go to sell it.

Or maybe not, we may still be in a great position since after tax credit our OTD price on the AWD Premium ER was $47,500. Even with the recent price drops a 1:1 MME (with BlueCruise and charging cable and everything they have made separate), plus half the tax credit, would cost a lot more.

I suspect when our options is up, it's going to be one of the hardest vehicle related decisions we have had on what to do with it. If it remains as trouble free as it has been, and Ford comes through with the NACS adapter and in a way that you can use the SuperChargers, we may just keep it. I think our buyout will be ~33k. We are a couple months shy of owning it a year and only have 6300 miles on it. If prices on new BEVs don't come down, may be worth just driving this as long as it keeps working well.
Sponsored

glenthompson

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT Star White
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Unless I run into problems I usually keep cars 5-7 years, sometimes longer. Kept my 91 Miata for 12 years, I think that was the longest of any car.

Chrisbriding

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
Love the MME, paid cash for it.

We tend to keep all vehicles until they start to really nickle and dime us with repairs. The MME replaced a 2012 Audi Q5 that we passed down to a family member. Currently have a 2004 Chevy Tahoe that's still going strong with 250K miles on it and a 2001 BMW M5 with very low miles (I call it the hanger queen).

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
Did Doctor Who show up at your place to check your MME out?
No, the ‘phone box was a birthday present for the wife.

She asked for a mobile ‘phone and that turned up on a truck!

Well, it is a ‘phone, and it was mobile whist on the forklift on its way up the drive🤷🏼‍♂️

Took a lot of wrapping paper, though, and then she asked how she was supposed to get it in her handbag, there’s gratitude for you🙄

Jferrari427

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Country flag
Planning on keeping until the next gen of EVs get crazy good range, better pricing and infrastructure. I’m guessing 5 years or so…who knows.

jason330i

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium RWD
Country flag
Will look to trade up to another Mach-E when available with the NACS plug. :)

the golden eel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 2022 Premium AWD Extended Range
Country flag
Ideally we keep our vehicles for 10 years or more, so that will hopefully be the case with our MME. The car the MME replaced we had for over 20 years.

We have 2 cars, and our ICE was 5 years old when we bought the MME, so hopefully sell that around 10 years old (when the MME is 5) and continue on that path as much as we are able.

Since we have 10K on the MME at 6 months, I answered 200K.

It'll be interesting in 4-5 years' time if we'll be willing to replace our ICE with an EV. At this point I still would need/want one of each, but we'll see where the charging technology and infrastructure is in 4-5 years.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Until retirement I kept cars only 2 or 3 years. Since much longer. Although this MME does try one’s patience, really depends where my HVHJB fails and how much aggravation I go thru, like having a problem in the middle of a long distance trip etc.

now going thru the ping pong L2 charging and one of the OTA’s won’t update but also doesn’t even try as other have documented, theirs have tried and failed.

happy with my dealership but cant say I would buy another Ford. problem is any other EV I buy might have same type of issues issues.

answer may to stick with this until my grandson needs a car 3 years from now. Give to him (hoping problems have been fixed) and get the Macan EV that will have been out for a couple of years or Rivian small SUV , assuming they are still around.

smcnair

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Platty, Explorer Platty, '23 Premium
Country flag
How long are you going to keep your Mach-E?
Since trade in values are plummeting, do you keep it and pay it off or trade it in and get something newer/something else?
I'll turn it in when the ford options balloon comes due.

Jferrari427

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Country flag
Curious to see how long everyone plans on keeping their Mach-E for.

Overall a great car, personally I’d reconsider whenever Ford does a major redesign of the vehicle. If I was a betting man, I’d bet another 3-4 years before a full redesign/ upgrade.

Another great time to upgrade would be when EV tech makes some leaps in range and performance.

I’d love to see a Mach-E Dark Horse variation.

What are your thoughts?

LNFitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Saddle Fitter…and yes, have worked with Mustangs
Country flag
Interestingly even distribution but some options were missing like "Until a bevy of new problems drive me crazy".

I love the car but even had a Subaru that I loved until I ran out of AAA call in a single year then bye-bye.

Bayviews88

First Name
Kenya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Rte1 RWD, Space White
Country flag
Isn't option 3 and 5 the same? I'm pretty sure that rust will tear us apart before there will be a working frunk button (They even gave me FOBs with a frunk button - 2 years ago).
Wait, you got FOBs with a funk button from your dealer for your MachE back on 2021?!

Bayviews88

First Name
Kenya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Rte1 RWD, Space White
Country flag
Did Doctor Who show up at your place to check your MME out?
If so, ask Dr. Who if he can tell us when our friends who have a First Edition will get a Frunk button.

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
Curious to see how long everyone plans on keeping their Mach-E for.

Overall a great car, personally I’d reconsider whenever Ford does a major redesign of the vehicle. If I was a betting man, I’d bet another 3-4 years before a full redesign/ upgrade.

Another great time to upgrade would be when EV tech makes some leaps in range and performance.

I’d love to see a Mach-E Dark Horse variation.

What are your thoughts?
ATM looks like I’ll keep it til it dies!

62,600 miles in 25 months worked hard and going strong, if range holds up I’ll see how long it’ll last just as a project.
Sponsored