How long do you plan to keep your Mach E?

Honhme

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Clarity PHEV; 2018 Ioniq EV
Occupation
State employee
Country flag
I chose the 4 year Options Plan, expecting that BEV technology would improve. Will reevaluate then. So far, things have been very good.
Sponsored

cinzen

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
I can't speak for anyone else, but so far I have had a lot of problems with my 2021 Premium.
If you are in an accident beware, took me 5 months to get my car fixed as parts were unavailable. Note it was at the dealership for that entire time. Then comes the windshield and roof recall whic took another 2 weeks at the dealership as again parts issue. I have lots of software bugs interspersed between trips to dealership as well. Taking the cake though is that we had some pretty cold weather recently, and the heat didn't work. I have read here on the forum that that is a "thing". Several posts have also commented on it happening to them.
I am fed up, and may sell it soon as I have had it 8-9 months and can't imagine what headaches will come up in the next year or two.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
  1. Until it really displeases me, andā€¦
  2. Thereā€™s an interesting electric car on the market that I can afford to replace it.
Had the Cadillac Lyriq been available before the Mach-E, it probably would have been my choice. The rumored Apple Car might drop and be Apple-polished and amazing.

For whatā€™s available today, the Mach-E is the most compelling choice for electric automobiles at an affordable (to me) price point. One day that will change, and Iā€™ll reconsider then.

timunger0222

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-e Premium RWD
Occupation
RN
Country flag
Max 18 mo. It's just the way i am. i4? EQE? Fiskar Ocean? Who knows, but what ever it is.....there is more fun to come.

Jppumper

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1st car: 1966 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E X Premium
Occupation
Retired Master Certified Heavy Truck Technician
Country flag
We are senior citizens and were thinking that this may be our last big purchase. As someone else said, maybe in a few years when EV technology advances, we may change our minds. My wife has told me that she would sell our house if I went first. I am wondering if it may be a problem charging if she lives in an apartment? She may have to change to a Hybrid.

andredj20020

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan, ordered Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Do you plan to keep your Mach E forever? Or, is it something that you plan to have for 2-3 years until there are more proven electric options (eg Fisker, Rivian, Lucid actually deliver cars)?
After owning Porsche Taycan and now Mach-E GTPE. I plan to go back to ICE within 6 months, the mile range just isnā€™t sufficient enough for my liking, DC to NC 6.5 hours with ICE non-stop now takes me 8 hrs. 3 stops not efficient enough for me. 1 year tops for me.

Kitten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach E GT with pano roof
Country flag
3 years. If I love it after 35 months, I'll get the latest and greatest version.

MachEMomE

First Name
Teri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE Premium
Country flag
I can't speak for anyone else, but so far I have had a lot of problems with my 2021 Premium.
If you are in an accident beware, took me 5 months to get my car fixed as parts were unavailable. Note it was at the dealership for that entire time. Then comes the windshield and roof recall whic took another 2 weeks at the dealership as again parts issue. I have lots of software bugs interspersed between trips to dealership as well. Taking the cake though is that we had some pretty cold weather recently, and the heat didn't work. I have read here on the forum that that is a "thing". Several posts have also commented on it happening to them.
I am fed up, and may sell it soon as I have had it 8-9 months and can't imagine what headaches will come up in the next year or two.
Wow...we have the same year/model and that worries me. Had it for 2 months. We havent recd any recalls yet, but the car was completed in Oct 2021 and purchased 11/2021. Maybe those bugs had been fixed by then. Hope so!

Lathrop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mache
Country flag
Probably 10-15 years....... Almost all cars I've owned over the years I've driven to > 200,000 miles.

PCS2021

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, 2020 Lincoln Navigator
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I usually keep my cars for a while. I love my Mach E, but I will decide this when and if the E starts giving me problems.

leeman

First Name
Leith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Unfortunately, these cars devalue more than gas powered cars right after their purchase. And it doesn't matter how many miles they have on them. 12 months max

DennisD

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Driving School Instructor
Country flag
Unfortunately, these cars devalue more than gas powered cars right after their purchase. And it doesn't matter how many miles they have on them. 12 months max
I guess I am a little confused?

You are getting rid (relatively soon after buying) of a car that supposedly depreciates fast?

If you purchase a car that you know will depreciate right after you purchase it, why not keep it for a longer time?

In the long run, you are going to spend thousands more by trading often for cars that depreciate fast?

It would be like walking through a door that you know will hit you in the nose and yet you still walk through said door (and often at that) :confused:

JSeis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD Select
Country flag
I roll 25K-26K miles per year and most of our vehicles get 125K to 169K. The fuel savings alone are saving about $3300 a year and Iā€™ll be driving the MME for at least 100K. A worst case 30% reduction in battery capacity wonā€™t affect my commute. Iā€™m really curious about its future repair record. I blow through a set of tires every 2 years. I can see a new 12V every 4-5 years, tires every 2, annual wiper blades.

Triggerhappy007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Premium VB & 22 Select GB
Country flag
We are senior citizens and were thinking that this may be our last big purchase. As someone else said, maybe in a few years when EV technology advances, we may change our minds. My wife has told me that she would sell our house if I went first. I am wondering if it may be a problem charging if she lives in an apartment? She may have to change to a Hybrid.
Not a problem if she can get a garage that has a 120V outlet. Also, there are some apartments that have EV Charging spots.
Sponsored