How Long Will You Keep Your Mustang Mach E?

How long do you plan on keeping your Mustang Mach E?

• Total voters

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Different people have different attitudes about cars. Some people like to get a new car every year. Others hang onto cars until junkyards beg them to get the eyesores off the road, or until they’ve appreciated to nosebleed values. Just curious what people here plan to do?
Sponsored

kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Route 1, 2020 Bolt EV
Country flag
I typically keep my cars for 10+ years. I have no reason to doubt I will do the same with the Mach-E.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/how-long-do-you-plan-to-keep-your-mach-e.13843/

Our plan entering retirement was to lower the period we keep cars for to about 2 years or so, buying new with A-Plan, and selling. With the crazy car market, I mentally adjusted that to a 1 year period, but haven't yet acted on it.

When/If our 20212 comes in, assuming the used market is as tight (or tighter) than it has been (has to be tighter due to no more Premium orders accepted), we will take it and sell the 2021 (assuming the 2022 isn't stripped of options). Then we'll do the every 1 year cycle from that point. Probably buy a 2024 Explorer EV if it's even close to as responsive. May or may not buy a Lightning depending on 2022s in the field.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I pretended there was an "I don't know" option and I selected that one.

I kept prior vehicles for 7+ years but I'm usually starting to think about replacing them at 3 years and I take my time considering alternatives. ;)

PicassoPC

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E CaRt1, 2011 Nissan Leaf
Country flag
Didn't have the option to choose "Waiting on/ordered a different model EV to trade". Patiently waiting for the Cadillac Lyriq :)

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
I'll trade up to the GTPE when Ford figures out how to make the 5 sec limitation go away. So for me that may be I keep mine for 3 years or more.

PalsyWalsy

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus 400H, Lexus 300H, Buick Enclave, Mach E GT
Occupation
School Administration
Country flag
I based my answer on "plan to keep" not "will keep" just because if things go wrong with the car that really bugs me or Ford fails to address I could change course. Plan on keeping it awhile as it will fit my needs for quite awhile even if there are battery improvements based on my drive to work. This is luckily a second car (actually third as we have a family mobile for large groups) so no need to hurry to upgrade. We will likely look at other things for my whife, as another mentioned, possibly the Lyriq as we are interested on how that one gets reviewed and what not in a year or so.

Reactions: McS

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
I tend to keep my cars a long time. The family 1967 Mustang was owned by mom and then me for 30 years. My VW Jetta for 25 years. My Lincoln MKZ hybrid is now 11 years old. I plan to keep the MME for a decade plus since it was last big car purchase. When my wife and I retire is may become the second car or be sold to buy that one last economical retirement car. Hopefully, by then, the average EV's will be upwards of 400 or 500 miles per charge.

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
I honestly have no idea. Love the car but my recent service issue has caused me to consider getting into something else. I love the EV and if I move on it will be another EV.

Living on the "bleeding edge" can be painful

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I always plan for 8-10 years. On rare occasions, due to mechanical and rust issues it’s been more reasonable to change vehicles earlier.

adamtbest

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting on my Mustang Mach E Select AWD on order
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I plan on making the Mach E the car of my 40s. Hopefully keep it until I turn 50. I turned 40 last month. I also put my order in for a MME select AWD Iced Blue last month.

I would like to keep cars longer than 5 to 6 years but I end up putting too many miles on them and start having trouble with Chevy's over 110k miles. I usually do 16k to 18k miles a year. When a car keeps on having to go to the shop every other month for something, to me that's a sign it's time to go. With the MME I don't have to worry about the problems I've had with my past 4 cars: snapped serpentine belt(on the highway), oil leaks, burnt out fuse box, over heating engine, power steering failure, ect.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
My current thinking is to drive my Mach-E until they build an all electric Mustang. At that point, I’ll look at whether or not to trade it in, or more likely make it my daily driver and make the Mustang my toy car.

Doug&Julie

First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium LR-RWD
Occupation
Designer
Country flag
We're somewhere between "4-5 years" and "run it into the ground". Probably closer to the later (so that's what I chose). We're hoping a good 10 years or more, but whenever we decide it's not a "nice car" anymore...or if it starts costing us real money...it's time to go.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I always plan for 8-10 years. On rare occasions, due to mechanical and rust issues it’s been more reasonable to change vehicles earlier.
Ha Ha! You already got rid of one of your MMEs. ??

I also tend to keep my drivers a while. I *plan* on keeping mine for 7-10 years. Unless it blows up, I'll keep it. I will evaluate whether I'm going to keep the car longer during that time. If it doesn't blow up, my decision to get something in its place will depend on how I feel about offerings at that time. ?‍♂?

hawkeye3point1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White ER RWD, Born on 12 Aug. '21
Country flag
I'll drive mine until I can get a mid-size PHEV pickup with a 50-mile battery and range-extender ICE. Most likely that will be until the MME or I kick the bucket.
Sponsored