- Sep 5, 2021
- Reaction score
- Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
I most likely will get a notice of when it will be arriving and I will assess the used car market at that time. If the $7,500 Federal tax rebate holds (along with a $2,500) rebate from my electrical company, I stand to gain $10,000 before I drive it off the lot. If the tax credits still exist, I will advertise the MME for at least MSRP before I actually physically have it. Once again, it could possibly be the same day I take delivery and I have a buyer.
like most things with the IRS, it’s open to interpretation.I stated that I may have it for one day. You are correct. I don't think that would be possible though.
The most likely scenario is that I keep it for at least a month. The Title would need to be sent to the DMV and that takes up to 3 weeks in some cases.
I will have it and drive it for a month (at least), and then if I don't like it, I am dropping it like a bad habit.
So in correction of my original post, I would say at least a month. After that, I will either have an MME in my Driving School or another Prius. The MME would have the "cool" factor but the Prius may be more practical for the range.
Like I said, I will wait and see.
Did you ever find the "forfeit" clause?
That said, if you get audited, you’re guilty until proven innocent.
And if you advertise it for sale before you even buy it? Shouldn’t take long to determine your intent.