Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Edge Sport
Occupation
Fraud Analyst
Country flag
I know there won't be much modifications we can do to the motors, but does anyone have any cosmetic ideas? I was thinking racing stripes, new wheels (I'll see how the aero wheels look in person), I was thinking about putting a clear vinyl on the front to help protect against bugs and rocks as well. I'm sure there will be third party companies making accessories, but I'm not sure what else you could possibly make for the car. Any thoughts?
Sponsored

jksu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium STD RWD Shadow Black
Country flag
for me, probably:
- clear bra or some for of paint protection for that nose, +/- ceramic coating
- window tint
- 20" rims w/summer tires when the oem set wears out and put all seasons to use for winter/mountains
- cocomat floor mats (love them in my volvo)
- maybe roof rack for bikes (but probably not if we keep the minivan)
- exhaust (just kidding!)

OP
OP
Pirelli73

Pirelli73

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Edge Sport
Occupation
Fraud Analyst
Country flag
for me, probably:
- clear bra or some for of paint protection for that nose, +/- ceramic coating
- window tint
- 20" rims w/summer tires when the oem set wears out and put all seasons to use for winter/mountains
- cocomat floor mats (love them in my volvo)
- maybe roof rack for bikes (but probably not if we keep the minivan)
- exhaust (just kidding!)
LOL...yeah I forgot about the exhaust!

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
cost of ceramic coating?

OP
OP
Pirelli73

Pirelli73

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Edge Sport
Occupation
Fraud Analyst
Country flag
wow that’s pricy!

Dmcerm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Expedition EL, 2012 Mustang GT, 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis, 13 year owner/operator 1983 DeLorean DMC-12 - sold Nov. 2014
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
For those who don't get the GT with the magnaride adjustable shocks, I can see americanmuscle.com and places like cjponyparts.com and steeda.com coming out with lowering spring kits and other cosmetics for the outside and inside for that matter.
I mean, the GT looks pretty amazing with that blacked out front grill so I can only imagine there will be 3rd Party folks making a whole host of items for the car.
Just go to any of the sites above and look at the plethora of appearance and add-ons that are made for the Mustang. I believe it's the most customizable(ized) car in the world and I can't imagine the Mach-E wouldn't be added to that tradition!

Last edited:

jksu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium STD RWD Shadow Black
Country flag
+1

when my volvo's oem stock shocks blew, i replaced them with bilstein b8 and lowering springs and it transformed the car. much better handling.

hoping the stock mach-e already has pretty decent handling since it's technically a mustang and sports car and not an escape (plus there's that part in the promo videos where they talked about re-tweaking the handling because it wasn't "mustang" enough initially). but we'll see...

Fro those who don't get the GT with the magnaride adjustable shocks, I can see americanmuscle.com and places like cjponyparts.com and steeda.com coming out with lowering spring kits and other cosmetics for the outside and inside for that matter.
I mean, the GT looks pretty amazing with that blacked out front grill so I can only imagine there will be 3rd Party folks making a whole host of items for the car.
Just go to any of the sites above and look at the plethora of appearance and add-ons that are made for the Mustang. I believe it's the most customizable(ized) car in the world and I can't imagine the Mach-E wouldn't be added to that tradition!

Dmcerm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Expedition EL, 2012 Mustang GT, 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis, 13 year owner/operator 1983 DeLorean DMC-12 - sold Nov. 2014
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
+1

when my volvo's oem stock shocks blew, i replaced them with bilstein b8 and lowering springs and it transformed the car. much better handling.

hoping the stock mach-e already has pretty decent handling since it's technically a mustang and sports car and not an escape (plus there's that part in the promo videos where they talked about re-tweaking the handling because it wasn't "mustang" enough initially). but we'll see...
Yes. absolutely! I too put lowering springs on my 2012 GT and it truly did transform the car (first I swapped out the stock 18 inch wheels for a set of 20 Inch Shelby Wheels, so those along with the springs really made it sweet looking).
Now keep in mind that I am not a racer, my Mustang is an almost daily-driver (I swap between the 'stang and my '03 Mercury Grand Marquis) and so it's mostly a highway cruiser but putting the lowering springs on made a world of difference from the standpoint of handling and road confidence (braking nose-dive etc.).

That's right, I remember that part of the video where it was 'not a Mustang' and needed to be re-tuned on the simulator, so that leaves a lot of hope that they did it right the first time.
However, those of us with one of the 'regular' Mach-E trim levels, will have to 'endure' a higher ride height of 5.7 inches vs. the GT's 5.3, and that difference is noticeable when you see the cars side by side. So there will be ample opportunity for us non-GT owners to swap out the stock springs for a slightly lower look. And believe me, in ICE Mustangs, especially in the 09-14 model years, it is commonly referred to as 'the 4x4 look' for 'stangs with the stock springs... sporty enough, but with a lot of gap between the wheels and the fenders. But to get a good bang for one's buck, the lowering springs are a cheaper way to improve the look of the Mustang without breaking the bank.
So I look forward to that one addition at some point in my Mach-E's life, should a lowering package become available... prepare your loved ones though, once you get bit with the Modding Bug, it's hard to turn away from... LOL!
Can you imagine... already thing pondering mods to a car that isn't even on the market yet! #FirstWorldProblems

Lukas

Administrator
First Name
Lukas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Crosstek
Occupation
Actuary
Country flag
Unless I get the GT with the top end wheels, I'll be upgrading the wheels at some point since that's the only wheel design I really love. There's lots of EV specific wheels being made now that look just as good as traditional aftermarket wheels but pay extra attention to weight and size/width since it affects EV range.

Also lower springs or coilovers since maximum ground clearance isn't important to me. The Mach-E will look great lowered (I wouldn't go as low or as large of wheels as these renders)..

Ford Mustang Mach-E How will you mod your Mach-E? Modified Lowered Ford Mustang Mach-E
Ford Mustang Mach-E How will you mod your Mach-E? Modified Lowered Ford Mustang Mach-E Vossen Aftermarket Wheels

OP
OP
Pirelli73

Pirelli73

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Edge Sport
Occupation
Fraud Analyst
Country flag
Yeah definitely wheels. I was thinking racing stripes as well, but we'll see.