I can't setup PAAK (potentially resolved)

Sneezy

First Name
Sneezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Trans Am Firehawk, 21 Mach E Premium EXT.
Occupation
NRA Rifle Instructor
Country flag
Ruby was at the dealer for some updates etc so I thought I'd give it a go again.
I deleted my phone (Android Auto was wonky anyway).
I re-setup my phone, then tried multiple times to setup PAAK. Yes, the car is running.
The app originally crashed, now it just gives a white screen, pauses and goes back to the main screen of the app.

I tried over 2 days just in case of a server issue.

Pixel 7 pro with the latest updates.
Car at 6.6.0
App at 4.32.1-2021214

Thoughts?
Sponsored

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
If you unsuccessfully setup a PaaK, it created a non-functioning PaaK in FordPass. Delete those PaaKā€™s and then try to setup a new PaaK. Iā€™m not familiar with Android as I have IOS.

hartmms

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500, Mach-e GT-PE
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
Make sure you have no ad blockers running in your network or on your phone. I was having weird app crashes when setting up PAAK, but it was due to my home network pi-hole blocking the URLs the app needed to setup PAAK.

DugthePug Dad

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I went to the dealership and had them help me set mine up. It was beyond my capabilities being an older guy.

The first guy I spoke to about helping me sent me to a young salesman. I thought he just didnā€™t want to deal with me.

The young salesman did a great job setting it up for me. I had tried 5-6 times and kept failing.

Maybe go ask for help like I did.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
I went to the dealership and had them help me set mine up. It was beyond my capabilities being an older guy.

The first guy I spoke to about helping me sent me to a young salesman. I thought he just didnā€™t want to deal with me.

The young salesman did a great job setting it up for me. I had tried 5-6 times and kept failing.

OP stated it was a ā€˜21 so I assumed that a salesman would not be willing to help. If the purchase was a ā€˜23 like yours, Iā€™d definitely have the salesman fix it.

DugthePug Dad

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Wouldnā€™t hurt to ask.

OP
OP
Sneezy

Sneezy

First Name
Sneezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
NRA Rifle Instructor
Country flag

I'm a computer geek & a programmer.
I was able to set it up last year but it didn't work well. I'm going to clear the cache etc. Not sure why I didn't think of that. It's my first go to.

OP
OP
Sneezy

Sneezy

First Name
Sneezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
NRA Rifle Instructor
Country flag
@Sneezy Try clearing app data for FordPass and retry Phone as a Key setup
That didn't work. I get as far as the "Setup PAAK" screen, press get started, a popup flashes (can't ready what it says), then it goes back to the main screen of the app. I'll see if I can get a video when my wife is home.

FloridaBoy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
If you are using a VPN, you may need to turn it off. I couldn't setup paak when I had VPN running.

I don't know if it leaves a wonky hook when it fails, but even after setting up after turning off VPN. I got very mixed results. I ultimately had to clear all paak setups and start from scratch.

Now, when I notice a problem, it's usually because my Bluetooth is off.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Ruby was at the dealer for some updates etc so I thought I'd give it a go again.
I re-setup my phone, then tried multiple times to setup PAAK. Yes, the car is running.
The app originally crashed, now it just gives a white screen, pauses and goes back to the main screen of the app.

Car at 6.6.0
App at 4.32.1-2021214

Thoughts?
Good morning! Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this paak concern? Thank you!

J&S K

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-e
Country flag

Car at 6.6.0
App at 4.32.1-2021214

Thoughts?
I found these instruction a while back and they worked for me. Seemsd to be very though and detailed.
Reset Phone as a Key via MACH_E FORUM

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...on-android-to-enable-a-backup-startcode.4544/

Attachments

eddieparker

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
I still can't get it to work with my wife's pixel 7, despite working with my pixel 5.

Getting it to work with my five took a few weeks of trying. Not sure if one of the OTAs made it possible.

eddieparker

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
I should mention I had a colleague with similar issues with his order seven and he upgraded to a pixel 8 and it worked.
Sponsored