Caramel

First Name
Vi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
When you feel like trying again, I would do your search only utilizing email and text. There are cars out there, you just have to find them. BTW, the dealership I found is in NJ, which is a seven hour drive from my home. NJ is a ZEV state, VA is not. You may find ZEV states have more availability, and bigger dealers in ZEV states are more likely to have cars available. Like the guy who had his car delivered to CA from FL, you just have to be willing to go a ways to get it.
For sure. I'm taking a break for a bit but next time, I'm expanding my radius and will be willing to ship.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Caramel

Caramel

First Name
Vi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
Two options: Costco Car Buying Service (if you are a member) and shop for a better dealership. I had a great experience at Robert Horne in Apache Junction. It may be worth a drive, depending on where you are in Arizona.
I'll check them both out! Thanks for the tips.

OP
OP
Caramel

Caramel

First Name
Vi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
In my earlier post I probably made it sound to easy! I called lots of dealers within 200 miles of where we live. At the time a lot of dealers were advertising demo cars which were not available for sale. I was very fortunate to find exactly what we were looking for at a dealer close by with NO ADM added to the price!!
Advertising cars that aren't even for sale is so frustrating! And the "good" dealerships - the ones who have good customer service and are less likely to indulge in various shenanigans - are probably the ones not advertising vehicles if they're not available. The problem is the only way to find out which is which is to contact them and hope to get lucky. I'm glad you found your Mach-E without too many headaches.

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
I just donā€™t want to spend the time anymore. If I keep going, Iā€™ll probably will find what I want. But Iā€™ll still keep running into the deception (listing cars online that arenā€™t actually available), condescending attitudes, difficulty in getting answers to simple questions, despite getting multiple emails and calls from the dealership that doesnā€™t answer the question, salespeople that pressure me to give them my full name, email address, phone number before answering my ā€œis the Mach-e I saw online available?ā€ Iā€™ve been spending at least a couple of hours a day doing this, and I am no longer willing to spend that much time, especially when many (not all!) of the dealers are so difficult.
In April of 2020 my wife and I bought an Audi Q5 through the Costco program. The dealer they put us in touch with was Prestige Audi on Colfax. The process was very clear, honest and moved pretty quick. I'm not sure if you are a Costco member, but it might be worth a try.

I used to have a broker here in Denver that I bought a number of cars from, but have lost touch with him over the years. It may not be a working model to do this anymore, but worked well for us in the past.

It has been bad for years though. I remember in the late 70's when my dad was trying to buy a BMW from a dealership in San Diego. His company was paying for it, but he could not get a price from the sales guy. I'll never forget the GM running after him trying to give him his business card and my mild-mannered father dropping a few F-bombs. He ended up getting the car he wanted from another dealer who was much easier to work with.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Advertising cars that aren't even for sale is so frustrating! And the "good" dealerships - the ones who have good customer service and are less likely to indulge in various shenanigans - are probably the ones not advertising vehicles if they're not available. The problem is the only way to find out which is which is to contact them and hope to get lucky. I'm glad you found your Mach-E without too many headaches.
We also found a dealer that allowed us to drive their Demo MME for an extended period of time. That helped out a lot while we were car less!! We ended up putting 1500 miles on that car!

OP
OP
Caramel

Caramel

First Name
Vi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
In April of 2020 my wife and I bought an Audi Q5 through the Costco program. The dealer they put us in touch with was Prestige Audi on Colfax. The process was very clear, honest and moved pretty quick. I'm not sure if you are a Costco member, but it might be worth a try.

I used to have a broker here in Denver that I bought a number of cars from, but have lost touch with him over the years. It may not be a working model to do this anymore, but worked well for us in the past.

It has been bad for years though. I remember in the late 70's when my dad was trying to buy a BMW from a dealership in San Diego. His company was paying for it, but he could not get a price from the sales guy. I'll never forget the GM running after him trying to give him his business card and my mild-mannered father dropping a few F-bombs. He ended up getting the car he wanted from another dealer who was much easier to work with.
I know Prestige on Colfax! My dad got an audi from them years ago. I went with him for a test drive and they were great.

I'll give Costco a try when I'm ready to resume my hunt. Thanks for the tip!

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
šŸ”‘ ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ šŸ‘€
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

Falcon73

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC40 P8 Recharge, Considering Mach-E
Occupation
Insurance Broker
Country flag
I have not been getting anything out of the sales rep since putting down a $500 deposit for a Mach-E. I haven't even been able to sit in a Mach-E yet, much less test drive one.

I've given the dealer a final chance before I ask for my $ back. I know supply is low and things are tight, but at least answer my calls and my emails! They are doing nothing to manage my expectations.

Right now I have no clue if the car would be ready by year-end or by March... A 2021 or a 2022, etc. I am operating in a vacuum!

I'm sure the Mach-E is a great car, for those lucky enough to get one, but my patience has its limits.

0t60-3.5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT PE, + ME Select AWD, '21 Explorer ST
Occupation
Tech Company Owner / CEO
Country flag
I have not been getting anything out of the sales rep since putting down a $500 deposit for a Mach-E. I haven't even been able to sit in a Mach-E yet, much less test drive one.

I've given the dealer a final chance before I ask for my $ back. I know supply is low and things are tight, but at least answer my calls and my emails! They are doing nothing to manage my expectations.

Right now I have no clue if the car would be ready by year-end or by March... A 2021 or a 2022, etc. I am operating in a vacuum!

I'm sure the Mach-E is a great car, for those lucky enough to get one, but my patience has its limits.
TIP: Walk into the dealership... maybe in morning when they aren't so busy. My experience is they will give you due respect and discuss your situation.

redranger04g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME SR RWD Ice White, 2015 Ford F-150
Country flag
One of the things I really like about this forum is that most people are just discussing the car and there's a general enthusiasm, not much arguing... so I admit I debated for minute before writing this answer: the number of patients I have in the hospital indicate that it's very much still in play and not a "bluff." No bonus points for guessing things like admitting diagnosis or vaccination status.

I don't blame Caramel for taking a break. I also doubt ADM is illegal, unfortunately. I just wonder if it was in play even before scarcity was an issue, but perhaps was a bit more negotiable.
ADM was definitely around pre-covid, just not as much of a normal. For the first few years almost every Raptor on the lot had ADM.

J5hort

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
Thanjs for the info! I'm in Colorado. I've been looking at dealers within 500 miles of me. RI would be a bit of a trip. Shipping is an option.
Let me know if you need a contact. I'm sure they will work with you to get it done. Check their website to see if they have what you want. A trip out would be an adventure and a good test of charging network availability/usage.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I've been looking for 1.5 months now and suddenly today 2 Mach-Es popped up at the dealer that I put an order with (they pinged me this morning) and yesterday another poster created a thread on transferring their order that is about to be built (awesome for him to do that). So if you are patient, cars do pop-up.

I'm not interested in this Premium RWD but it is available without ADM:

https://www.mullinaxfordkiss.com/ne...immee-fl-58c7d1680a0e09b1036c47653922f326.htm

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I've been looking for 1.5 months now and suddenly today 2 Mach-Es popped up at the dealer that I put an order with (they pinged me this morning) and yesterday another poster created a thread on transferring their order that is about to be built (awesome for him to do that). So if you are patient, cars do pop-up.

I'm not interested in this Premium RWD but it is available without ADM:

https://www.mullinaxfordkiss.com/ne...immee-fl-58c7d1680a0e09b1036c47653922f326.htm

Really hard to see what this car has, but $53700 seems like it has the extended battery, but I see this: "Hybrid traction battery capacity (kWh): 68" which sounds like standard range. and this: "Hybrid traction battery all electric range: 230 miles"

Can't open the window sticker to confirm.

I think there is a 5k mark up on this since a Premium RWD is 48700 I think. Sorta doubting this has no ADM.

Just checked on some of the links here and there is absolutely a 5k mark up per the window sticker. There are no hidden fees, but an upfront mark up:

https://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=3FMTK3RM3MMA55765

Moral is go in expecting every dealer will add ADM on canceled orders/reservations. It'll save your sanity and most salespeople/dealerships aren't going to allow you to buy a car without ADM out of the kindness of their heart.

Last edited:

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Really hard to see what this car has, but $53700 seems like it has the extended battery, but I see this: "Hybrid traction battery capacity (kWh): 68" which sounds like standard range. and this: "Hybrid traction battery all electric range: 230 miles"

Can't open the window sticker to confirm.

I think there is a 5k mark up on this since a Premium RWD is 48700 I think. Sorta doubting this has no ADM.

Just checked on some of the links here and there is absolutely a 5k mark up per the window sticker. There are no hidden fees, but an upfront mark up:

https://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=3FMTK3RM3MMA55765

Moral is go in expecting every dealer will add ADM on canceled orders/reservations. It'll save your sanity and most salespeople/dealerships aren't going to allow you to buy a car without ADM out of the kindness of their heart.
Ok...for some reason I thought it was Premium RWD Extended Range. My bad. $5K markup... yuck.
Sponsored