eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
I'm guessing it is up to each dealer, as to how much the deposit is, or isn't?
Correct. I think the general information from Ford is that the $500 reservation fee is “refunded” when reservation is converted to pre-order and it is up to dealers as to whether the deposit will be the same $500 or some other amount and whether it will be refundable or not.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JamieGeek

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I'm guessing it is up to each dealer, as to how much the deposit is, or isn't?
When I've previously placed a deposit on a Ford--including the Focus Electric that I ordered--the question from the sales person whas "how much do you want to put down?". I think I only put $50 down on the Focus Electric (which was refundable).

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Can you transfer the $500 to the dealer as the deposit, or do they make you get it back and put up new funds?

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Can you transfer the $500 to the dealer as the deposit, or do they make you get it back and put up new funds?
My understanding was that the Ford reservation deposit would not be transferred to the dealer.

So, if required, you would put up a new order deposit with the dealer, then Ford will refund your reservation deposit.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
My understanding was that the Ford reservation deposit would not be transferred to the dealer.

So, if required, you would put up a new order deposit with the dealer, then Ford will refund your reservation deposit.
Yes, that was certainly the original plan:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Interview with Bill Ford says Mach-E U.S. orders start June 24 reservation to delivery timelin

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag

tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Asked local dealer for update and they received notification of training materials today, so a bit a head of June 19 expected date. Dealer is relying on direct contact from Ford to customers to start reservation conversion to order process, but if issues arise (I moved from HI to TX for example) they will step in. Next week will be interesting.

OdellBretthamJr

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Escape, Mach E
Country flag
It’s a shame Ford has done such a poor job with communication these last few months in respects to the Mach E. I understand with COVID there has been much certainty but with order banks opening up next week it would have been nice to have more information and a more firm timeline.

PSaulet

First Name
Pascal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vw Amarok, Tesla M3, Caterham, Annulé Mach e
Country flag
Do you not think that all the expected information will come into effect from June 22 with a period of reflection and withdrawal before final and complete validation?
Personally this is how I understand it.
After this deadline and a few possible days of difference between the USA and Europe, I will actually start to ask myself questions about the viability of the project, before that following the last events and the time of the global revival, I have not matter to worry about ....

I invite you one day to order a Caterham, you will be more attentive with an order placed at Ford, less impatient .... ? ? ?

Johnny

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium SR AWD, Buick Enclave
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
So that chart confirms that GT orders will definitely happen after the other models. (Read fine print on bottom)

Yes, that was certainly the original plan:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Interview with Bill Ford says Mach-E U.S. orders start June 24 reservation to delivery timelin

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Latest rumor is now June 26th for the customer order banks to open. We’ll see??

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I did try getting an answer from Ford Canada and my dealer regarding a date in vue of this topic, but nothing. So much for communication.
Sponsored