shark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
I can't wait to see the conflicted look on peoples faces when they call me a liberal for owning an EV and then I tell them I own a firearms business.
Sponsored

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
I'll take that bet. There is no reason for Porshe to turn the 911 into an SUV. They already have performance SUV's that they can make an E version of. They also already have the Taycan EV sports car. Chevrolet will never turn the Corvette model into an SUV, no way.
Thats exactly what Iā€™m saying. Ford already had performance versions of both the Edge and the Explorer that they could have made a Mach-E version of. There was no reason to use the Mustang nameplate except to get a bunch of people for whom a Mustang wasnā€™t practical a chance to own a mustang.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
I just say I didn't come up with the name I just signed the check. Couldn't care less about anyone's thoughts on what I drive.
Then why does ā€It IS a Mustangā€ matter to so many people?

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
To add that many ICE only car guys immediately assume that an EV owner bought one because they think they are saving the planet and are better than everyone else. There may be some smug people that believe that, but I sure don't. I think they are better for the environment then ICE when you look at the total lifespan of the vehicle, but mass EV adoption surely presents a lot of challenges as well. I am just a car guy that can appreciate all types of cars and is why I decided to make the Mach E GT my first EV. I also like to go fast! ;)
Do you seriously think this same vehicle, but named ā€œFord Edge Mach-Eā€ would have somehow been slower than it is as a ā€œMustang ā€œ? Seriously?

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
This is what did it for me. I've owned 5 ICE Mustangs and most of them spent a great deal of time on road courses accumulating hardware against Porsches, Vettes and BMWs. Granted most were modified with aftermarket suspension components, roll bars, race seats and harnesses and as much as 725 hp/625 rwtq. After sitting on my reservation since November 2019, I was getting cold feet. I decided before I canceled my reservation I would test drive one. I drove a Premium and was blown away by the power/tq, build quality, aesthetics and the interior @praxiscat described as akin to a BMW or Audi. The 0-60 times (practical safe use on public roads) blow away all my other ICE Mustangs because you can actually put the power to the ground due to the AWD and weight. The low COG from the battery makes handling amazing for a 5,500 lb. beast. Being that impressed with the Premium, I can't imagine how much more I will be with the GTPE. The Magneride on the GT350 and Bullitt is awesome, and I look forward to having it on my new "grocery getter" ?
Not only have I driven one, Iā€™ve put 10,000 miles on the one Iā€™ve bought. I still donā€™t consider it a Mustang, and I never will.

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
Not only have I driven one, Iā€™ve put 10,000 miles on the one Iā€™ve bought. I still donā€™t consider it a Mustang, and I never will.
You may "consider" it anything you like. The car is a Mustang, it says so right on the vehicle. It doesn't matter what you nor anyone else "considers." :)

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
You may "consider" it anything you like. The car is a Mustang, it says so right on the vehicle. It doesn't matter what you nor anyone else "considers." :)
They gave you a Ford Escape level of features, but because they put a mustang badge on it youā€™re happy to go along with them. Thatā€™s fine, go look at how many different instrument cluster screens a real mustang gets and get back to me. This aint no real performance vehicle. Itā€™s a grocery getter thatā€™s quick off the line.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 4X, ā€˜14 SS Sedan tuned, ā€˜17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Your considerations are your own and youā€™re certainly entitled to them. Now, go grab some fishing line and remove your pony badges and turn them in. ?

cloud9

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bullitt, 19Edge ST, 21 Explorer ST ,21 MMEGTPE
Country flag
That would be a statement of fact like the sky is blue, but somehow even that gets debated. Funny it's so controversial, but typically genius marketing moves elicit this type of debate. Ford calculated that and unit sales will ultimately determine if they were "right" or "wrong".

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 4X, ā€˜14 SS Sedan tuned, ā€˜17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
They gave you a Ford Escape level of features, but because they put a mustang badge on it youā€™re happy to go along with them. Thatā€™s fine, go look at how many different instrument cluster screens a real mustang gets and get back to me. This aint no real performance vehicle. Itā€™s a grocery getter thatā€™s quick off the line.
If you think any Escape, Edge, Explorer have the steering feel and damper tuning of the Mach E, tell me which ones. And donā€™t say Sport or ST models because they donā€™t , Iā€™ve driven them. If your determination of Mustang-hood is based on instrument cluster screens, youā€™ve already lost me, bro. What Mustang owners brags about gauge cluster configs? ?

How many and which model Mustang coupes have you owned? Iā€™m just curious.

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
That Ford named Mustang.

theo1000

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2021 IB, Audi Etron, Chevy Volt, BMW I3,
Country flag
I just hope it doesn't go the way of Pontiac. Loved that brand but things like the minivan and station wagon made it tough to keep its value. Ford does seem more careful.

I would like to see a nice convertible option. Hard top or soft top. I'd be interested in a nice EV Mustang convertible.

Oh! and reason I drive EV's for past 25 years, I don't like Gas and esp. where it comes from, just feel dirty.

MG101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
a car
Country flag
Just hit me! They should have called it the Capr-e!

Xenotet

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜14 Ford Focus ST, ā€˜21 Toyota Venza Ltd
Occupation
Chemical Engineer
Country flag
Yes for sure, but the 0-60 I was referring to was the 3.5 seconds in the GTPE. The 8250 redline in the Voodoo was sweet for sure, but the 7500+ in the Boss 302 with headers shot the adrenaline through the roof when blasting through the kink into Canada Corner at RA. It would have been fun if Ford gave us a ticket to Utah Motorsports Park like they did with those two Mustangs to experience what it could do on the track.
Iā€™ve been crossing my fingers that theyā€™ll end up sending invites to attend Ford Performance Racing School at the Utah Motorsports Campus to GT owners ?
It was a pleasant surprise when I purchased my FoST back in 2013.
Sponsored