Benjamin Kegele

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 21, VW Atlas, Harley Davidson Heritage Softail
Country flag
I started looking for this information the other day after reading about a Tesla owner who ran into jacking up his car. While looking at the PDF it strikes me that there is no safe way to jack up the car and then place it on jack stands, since there is no central jacking point.

I also watched the video that Benjamin posted just to see if there was any insight there. The guy manged to get one side of his Mach E on to jack stands, but did not mention how.

Any thoughts?
I just lifted it up with the scissor jack, if I had a bottle jack which would go higher I would have used that. Then I put the jack stand in and lowered it down. did this on both jack stands, then I put on one side the scissor jack, put the bottle jack with the wood in, removed the scissor jack and then used the scissor jack on the 4th point. so I had all 4 in the air. Easier is when you have a real jack, same as I linked to in my video :) I like it complicated.
Sponsored

Dzsink

First Name
Zoltan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach e
Occupation
Manufacturing Engineer
Country flag
I contacted Ford Parts to inquire whether Ford makes a jacking block(s) for lifting the Mach-E. It turns out that Ford's specialty service tools company, ROTUNDA, does make some nifty jacking blocks for the Mach-E, that actually have "posts" that fit into the holes in the correct jacking areas. The only problem is that these blocks are only (at least at this point) sold as part of a service kit that includes all necessary specialty tools for lifting the car and removing the HV Battery, and the kit is quite expensive. The blocks would probably be over-priced even if they were available separately. I went on eBay and ordered a 3" diameter jack pad (fits perfectly in the cradle of my small racing-style floor jack) that is 2" tall. I then cut and shaped it a bit to make it fit between the battery rail and the bolt head in the jacking area to help keep it from moving while lifting. It's shaped well enough that i can shove it into place, and it will stay attached to the car while I move my jack into place. I think the wood block is just as good an idea, however.
I have purchase a lifting block for Mercedes on ebay. Seems like matching the lifting foot print at the lifting pad location on the body. Will be installing my winter tyres this weekend. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jack-Pad-f...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag

Dzsink

First Name
Zoltan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach e
Occupation
Manufacturing Engineer
Country flag
No problem will do. Will take some pictures too.
Not too great stiffness on the lifting pads. But worked for now. Probably will get something else made. Similar to the Model S lifting pads just with rectangular section at the lifting point vs of a cylinder. Carwiner Jack Pad Compatible with Tesla Model 3/S/X/Y, Lifting Pucks with a Storage Case Accessories (4 Packs) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08Z78VVV...abc_P9FDNXCEKFW9SM8G057N?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1. An HDPE pad will act better.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Jacking / Lifting Mach-E 20211128_175655

20211128_182159.jpg

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
The service manual has been updated to highlight the guardrail (blue) which you should NOT use. Jack in yellow areas, not blue. Also, do not allow a tow truck driver to put hooks anywhere in the blue rail or you might need a new traction battery ($$$$$). The proper recovery points are ahead of the front wheels. Joe, perhaps you could update the photo in your original post?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Jacking / Lifting Mach-E Mach-E Lifting Points

Last edited:

jimitoast

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Acuras (MDX, TL), 2022 Mach E GTPE
Occupation
Shepherd
Country flag

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
So funny. What’s sad is the finance guy at the dealership tried to sell me a maintenance plan and mentioned it covers the oil changes…
But does the plan cover replacement of muffler bearings? Headlight fluid? ???

SimS

First Name
Sim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Prius, F150
Country flag
Strongly strongly recommend these. They are the right height and are strong enough to lift without bending/breaking.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/223700600978
I made my own blocks out of hard maple. I have a lift and the rubber biscuits are too finicky to line up with the lift arms. I glued some thin strips of sheet metal to the jacking points on the aluminum frame rails. I then recessed several neo magnets on each block. So now the blocks stick to the car and I can easily position the lift arms quickly without the fiddling/alignment issues of the rubber biscuits.
SimS

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
@AOSK - how about proper jack pads for the mache? Is that something you could make And sell?

Reactions: x19

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
@AOSK - how about proper jack pads for the mache? Is that something you could make And sell?
I used to discuss this with @Benjamin Kegele , he made some good videos about lifting the car. and I talked with the team as well, it seems the general jack pads work for the MME. please let me know if I'm wrong

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If anyone is using a lift (or a floor jack) I strongly recommend these QuickJack blocks. I have been using them for years on my trucks and cars and they do not bend, break or deform in anyway. They work great for cars with pinch welds (like my Mustang coupe) and they are also the perfect size to fit between the battery guard rail and the body on the Mach-E. They fit perfectly in the yellow areas marked in the service manual diagram that Lee posted above in this thread. Unfortunately, they come in a set of 4 for lifts and I know most people only need one if they are using a floor jack. https://www.quickjack.com/accessories/pinch-weld-blocks/

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
If anyone is using a lift (or a floor jack) I strongly recommend these QuickJack blocks. I have been using them for years on my trucks and cars and they do not bend, break or deform in anyway. They work great for cars with pinch welds (like my Mustang coupe) and they are also the perfect size to fit between the battery guard rail and the body on the Mach-E. They fit perfectly in the yellow areas marked in the service manual diagram that Lee posted above in this thread. Unfortunately, they come in a set of 4 for lifts and I know most people only need one if they are using a floor jack. https://www.quickjack.com/accessories/pinch-weld-blocks/

For Costco members, they are also selling quickjacks right now on sale. Still pretty pricey compared to a regular floor jack. Don't think I can justify that for just wanting to do tire rotations.

5000TL for $1299.99 ($1650 on quickjack site)
7000TL for $1499.99 ($1815 on quickjack site)
Sponsored