Job 1 owners - are you getting the numbered OTA updates?

flapjake314

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
i hear many people at 2.7.4, i'm july 2021 and stuck there as well. i called and DM'ed ford, there is no solution or explanation
Sponsored

likescookies

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E, 2004 Camry
Country flag
Thank you for the responses.

I would love to be able to go to the dealer and get my car "unstuck". The issue is that the dealer tells me everything is up to date. And Ford OTA customer service says everything is fine on their end. Since I am getting the non-numbered updates, both tell me everything is working and there is nothing to fix or get unstuck.

Unfortunately, it seems like those of us in this situation have no recourse. The FDRS route risks bricking the car and invalidating the warranty, IMO. Seems like a bad idea for those of us who don't have familiarity with that tool.
Same boat! No updates since the spring, no BlueCruise. The dealer says updates are up to Ford, and Ford says that getting the BlueCruise update at the dealer (which the dealer said can take "days or weeks") might unstick OTA updates, but they aren't sure, which isn't comforting. Plus, dealer-installed BlueCruise is no longer an option. So, I'm stuck.

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
I have a Job 1 car (Jan 2021 build) that has not received any of the recent numerical OTAs, i.e 2.8.x, 3.5.x, etc. The last one I received was one of the BC prep ones in the spring, 2.7.x, I believe.

I have been getting the periodic non-numbered power-ups via OTA, like the recent DCFC speed improvement update. Just not the numbered ones.

I have automatic updates set and a schedule setup, and have for the entire time.

I spoke with the OTA customer service department at Ford today and they checked and confirmed that everything looks good on their end. They did mention that OTAs are not sent out to every car at the same time, and that not all cars get every OTA.

So my question is simple: are any Job 1 owners getting any of the numbered OTA updates after the 2.7.x series?
November 2020 build here and got my car end of Feb 2021. I received 3.54 on October 12

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Thank you for the responses.

I would love to be able to go to the dealer and get my car "unstuck". The issue is that the dealer tells me everything is up to date. And Ford OTA customer service says everything is fine on their end. Since I am getting the non-numbered updates, both tell me everything is working and there is nothing to fix or get unstuck.

Unfortunately, it seems like those of us in this situation have no recourse. The FDRS route risks bricking the car and invalidating the warranty, IMO. Seems like a bad idea for those of us who don't have familiarity with that tool.
FDRS does not risk bricking your car... nor does it invalidate the warranty.

Doing this isn't for everybody... but there are lots of enthusiasts on the forum who have done this... maybe one is within driving distance to you?

OP
OP
06VistaGT

06VistaGT

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E, '06 Mustang GT, '06 Explorer, '15 CRV
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
I have a request for folks responding to this thread. Ford Engineering has asked me to provide a list of cars (by VIN) that are not receiving the numeric OTA updates and a list of similar cars that are receiving the updates. For anyone who is willing to provide that data, please PM me the following:

1. VIN
2. Year/Model/Trim (i.e. 2021 Premium AWD Extended Range)
3. OTA experience to the best of your knowledge (i.e. stuck at 2.7.4, received 3.5.3, haven't gotten one in 6 months, etc.)

If I can pull together a list of several Job 1 cars, that may help the engineering team identify the problem.

Thanks in advance for anyone who is willing to share this information. If you are uncomfortable sharing the information with me directly, PM me and I can share the email address for the Ford Escalation Case Manager (Level 2?) who is assigned to my case. You can then send it directly to them.

Gatorwilly

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White premium mach e
Occupation
ret.
Country flag
I have a Job 1 car (Jan 2021 build) that has not received any of the recent numerical OTAs, i.e 2.8.x, 3.5.x, etc. The last one I received was one of the BC prep ones in the spring, 2.7.x, I believe.

I have been getting the periodic non-numbered power-ups via OTA, like the recent DCFC speed improvement update. Just not the numbered ones.

I have automatic updates set and a schedule setup, and have for the entire time.

I spoke with the OTA customer service department at Ford today and they checked and confirmed that everything looks good on their end. They did mention that OTAs are not sent out to every car at the same time, and that not all cars get every OTA.

So my question is simple: are any Job 1 owners getting any of the numbered OTA updates after the 2.7.x series?
NOPE

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
June '21 build NOT EA

3.5.3 broke my text messaging

3.5.3.3 restored my text messaging.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

November 2020 build 0. I was stuck on 2.7.1 for months also. I ended up going in to get it updated. I would not wait as it appears 2.7.1 is similar to 1.7.1 for some. Most likely not going to happen for you at this stage. I would recommend you keep on your dealer. It is part of your sales agreement tell them you are 16? (link) updates behind which is unacceptable. Make a list of bugs you are putting up with that you know have been fixed.

I needed to go in two times as it was stuck and it would not take 2.7.3 the first time but some modules were updated. After that I got 22-PU0706-SCH-POPA and 2.7.3 OTA and then they called me back and told me the glitch was fixed (got it). The second time in everything went smooth. I have received 3.5.3 since but have the a/c button which is 3.5.4 which I have not received. Ford logic from what I have come to understand.

It should be noted you need to live under one of Ford's preferred cell towers or you are just plain out of luck. Wi-fi like apple does is not a thing for Ford. Why we connect them to our wi-fi is your guess.

flapjake314

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
I have a request for folks responding to this thread. Ford Engineering has asked me to provide a list of cars (by VIN) that are not receiving the numeric OTA updates and a list of similar cars that are receiving the updates. For anyone who is willing to provide that data, please PM me the following:

1. VIN
3. OTA experience to the best of your knowledge (i.e. stuck at 2.7.4, received 3.5.3, haven't gotten one in 6 months, etc.)

If I can pull together a list of several Job 1 cars, that may help the engineering team identify the problem.

Thanks in advance for anyone who is willing to share this information. If you are uncomfortable sharing the information with me directly, PM me and I can share the email address for the Ford Escalation Case Manager (Level 2?) who is assigned to my case. You can then send it directly to them.
DM'ed you

MurphyDog

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
My Job 1 (March 2021) seemed stalled on updates until I had the dealer do the BlueCruise install. They had the car for 5 days, completed the updates and never tested it out. BlueCruise still isn't active and working. That said, I've now been getting updates and received 3.5.4 today. Still no BlueCruise and yes, I'm bitter.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

1. VIN

My car is Nov 2020 build and it is receiving updates. Last one was 3.5.2 that I accepted.

3.5.3.3 is queued up since Monday but I don't want it. The last update added a button to the home screen that I didn't want so I am leary of additional unwanted changes. Currently struggling with broken profiles and spotty Bluetooth and I have seen the threads from people saying that 3.5.3.3 messed up their fob recognition and breaks Android Auto so I am not interested in this next one.

I will share my VIN though if you think it will help out anyway.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I have a Jan 2021 build. I have received 3.5.4.x. But it‘s not right. Never got Alexa and all apps are gone. I’ll try a sync reset when I get back home to my car.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My car is Nov 2020 build and it is receiving updates. Last one was 3.5.2 that I accepted.

3.5.3.3 is queued up since Monday but I don't want it. The last update added a button to the home screen that I didn't want so I am leary of additional unwanted changes. Currently struggling with broken profiles and spotty Bluetooth and I have seen the threads from people saying that 3.5.3.3 messed up their fob recognition and breaks Android Auto so I am not interested in this next one.

I will share my VIN though if you think it will help out anyway.
3.5.3 no probs here. Never got 3.5.3.3 but can enable alexa if I wanted to. I do not. You get her for 3 years free but like XM if you never register you most likely will not get bugged as much. Not sure if Alexa replaces the Ford voice recognition or it is in addition? I am pretty loyal to my AI and siri and I are doing fine. Have never used ford nav or voice recognition and never intend to. Siri and google maps are both free and I am already subscribed. With three voice recognitions in the car it is starting to feel a bit crowded. ;)

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I have an April 2021 build and have gotten 5 OTAs in Oct, including 3.5.3, 3.5.3.3 and 3.5.4. I do not use Alexa or streaming at home or on my phone, so I’ll not activate either of those. I never activated Wi-Fi on my car either, I use the car for transportation.

The built in nav voice recognition works just fine after the updates.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Not sure if Alexa replaces the Ford voice recognition or it is in addition? I am pretty loyal to my AI and siri and I are doing fine. Have never used ford nav or voice recognition and never intend to.
It's an additional option. You could use it, or not.

If you tap the Alexa icon, you will see an option to permanently dismiss it so it doesn't even display.
Sponsored