Mark II

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT
Country flag
I ordered my GT with the black roof because I thought it would be more of a unique option and would make my car stand out. Guess not!
Sponsored

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Not sure exactly how unpopular the black roof is on the GT, but I prefer the roof to match the rest of the car on my GT-PE. Just a sample size of one here. LOL
VERY unpopular.

According this tracking- https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...statuses-dates-colors-options-locations.8319/

Out of 1867 orders for GT and GTPEā€¦ā€¦ 88 had a black painted roof.

Seems like itā€™s an old ā€œup sell trick.ā€

Make the unpopular option standard (for example ugly wheels) then charge a premium for options.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
Same as the Lightning.

1632933201993.png

1632933242073.png
Yup - way too much silver and not nearly enough blue. Some of the CG images showed it as much more of baby blue and I was very interested for my Lightning, but this has almost no blue = no interest from me.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 4X, ā€˜14 SS Sedan tuned, ā€˜17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Iā€™m just over here lmao at the GT owners comments about color exclusivity/values being lowered etc. Itā€™s a mass produced EV and Ford is targeting quantities of 50,000+ per year. Just like regular GT coupe owners donā€™t have color exclusivity over Ecoboost coupe owners. Better to wait on the Shelby version if thatā€™s what youā€™re after.

5CA26C75-778A-41E3-804C-879E212A2411.jpeg

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Who else was hoping for a dk blu, green or burgundy? Not sure why they're keeping 2 shades of white, and recycling MME colors as if Ford hasn't used other colors for other cars. The Iced Blue Silver Metallic looks Silver. Glad we finally get to see whats being offered.
Exactly. There must be thousands of color options to choose from, yet they picked through what they already have in the que. lazy..

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Iā€™m just over here lmao at the GT owners comments about color exclusivity/values being lowered etc. Itā€™s a mass produced EV and Ford is targeting quantities of 50,000+ per year. Just like regular GT coupe owners donā€™t have color exclusivity over Ecoboost coupe owners. Better to wait on the Shelby version if thatā€™s what youā€™re after.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Latest 2022 Mach-E Order Guide [Updated Monthly] - U.S. & Canada 5CA26C75-778A-41E3-804C-879E212A2411
nah, the Shelby badge will be sold as an add on sticker for the 2023 model year.. :rolleyes:

Sagacity

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT/PE, 2015 Limited Edition Mustang GT 0146
Occupation
Network Administrator
Country flag
It looks like they are still only issuing one key fob with the vehicle. I did a test drive last weekend hoping to order this week, when the 2022's come out. The dealer mentioned that they are only getting one fob and they would be more than happy to order one the car is being built.
I received 2 key fobs when I took delivery of my GT earlier this month.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
By the time the last 2022 model year Mach-e is delivered to a US customer, there will be significantly fewer than 70,000 total Mach-e's in the United States, and probably less than 60,000. The value of the car isn't going to be impacted by the color changes.
^^^^this x 1,000,000!

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E Latest 2022 Mach-E Order Guide [Updated Monthly] - U.S. & Canada 5CA26C75-778A-41E3-804C-879E212A2411
I donā€™t care about value/resale. Like you said, that wonā€™t change much.

Itā€™s more about paying extra for a special lookā€¦ā€¦. That ends up being copied by a base model.

You could expect the same reaction if they started offering GTPE wheels as an option on select models.

Sagacity

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT/PE, 2015 Limited Edition Mustang GT 0146
Occupation
Network Administrator
Country flag
nah, the Shelby badge will be sold as an add on sticker for the 2023 model year.. :rolleyes:
Don't think anyone cares about value since car color does nothing for value. The issue is having colors that are only available for a specific trim then turning around and making it available for all trims 2 months later... everyone with a 2021 that wanted one of those colors could have just waited for a 22 if they had known they were going to do the ol switcharoo.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
I donā€™t care about value/resale. Like you said, that wonā€™t change much.

Itā€™s more about paying extra for a special lookā€¦ā€¦. That ends up being copied by a base model.

You could expect the same reaction if they started offering GTPE wheels as an option on select models.
I hear ya. The problem with that is that itā€™s a Mustang brand vehicle, remember? Endless customization options through different wheel/stripe/accessory options. That stuff is all coming to the MME sooner than later. Because Ford needs to make a profit on them and in the beginning the margins are virtually non existent if any. Count on a flood of GT appearance type stuff to go along with the usually accessories.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I hear ya. The problem with that is that itā€™s a Mustang brand vehicle, remember? Endless customization options through different wheel/stripe/accessory options. That stuff is all coming to the MME sooner than later. Because Ford needs to make a profit on them and in the beginning the margins are virtually non existent if any. Count on a flood of GT appearance type stuff to go along with the usually accessories.
True.

But for the last 50 years we have been able to make fun of the 4 and 6 cyl drivers who put dual exhaust and GT badges and wheels on.

Ford isnā€™t alone in this.

S-line for Audi.
M sport for BMW.
AMG on less than the top AMG Mercedes.

The top of the line ā€œexclusive lookā€ isnā€™t so exclusive anymore.

What fun is it paying extra to get behind the velvet rope if they start giving it away for free?
Sponsored