Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB, 2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Since I only care about extended range AWD I made this chart including freight

$64,875 --- California Route 1 eAWD
$67,575 --- Premium eAWD
$71,195 --- GT eAWD
$77,195 --- GT Performance eAWD

California Route 1 still in my opinion is the most bang for your buck.

If going Premium might as well pay $3620 more for GT
I guess it depends what they charge for the projector headlights (when available) on the CR1 if someone wants them, and based on reviews on here they are a good upgrade and are standard on a Premium. If they are part of a package that brings the price up $2k, may as well skip the CR1. Would close that gap a bit between the CR1 and Premium while also getting better seats and ambient lighting and whatever else.

But yeah, the GT and Premium are also pretty close. I think there is more potential incentive to upgrade from CR1 to Premium than Premium to GT, since you lose range going GT, so it's the worst of both worlds if the performance isn't your priority.

Either way, the closeness in price is going to see more people making the jump because you "might as well", and Ford will win again. They definitely understand the psychology of that too when they do this pricing.
Sponsored

MisterSofa

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Toyota Corolla, 2022 Ford MachE Premium AWD
Country flag

$67,575 --- Premium eAWD
$71,195 --- GT eAWD

Might as well get the Taycan. It's only 15k more.

Z-one

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mache GTPE
Country flag

$67,575 --- Premium eAWD
$71,195 --- GT eAWD

If going up from premium personally I wouldn’t go to GT you have to do GTPE.

Fordmaybe

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No ford yet
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
Crazy the select does not have heated seats or steering wheel. Will be cold or burn extra electrons to heat the cabin

Vulnox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB, 2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Crazy the select does not have heated seats or steering wheel. Will be cold or burn extra electrons to heat the cabin
Yeah, but I guess at least the Select feels like a true "entry level" version of the vehicle. The price on it is still... alright... for an EV if someone wants the name and performance and lives somewhere that the heated extras aren't going to be very evident. I almost said they should just drop the Select and make the CR1 the base level, but seeing the price gap between the Select SR RWD and the CR1 or Premium now, I am kind of glad they are keeping the Select around in a way that allows Ford to still make some money and allow those interested but not at $70k car level to get in.

Ztug

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 mache e
Country flag
Holy hell that's a price jump.
At roughly 20% higher to buy a premium extended range rear-wheel drive then it was in 2021 when I bought mine and I thought they were coming out with new batteries that were cheaper!

Eosin

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
A few thoughts - and keep in mind, I'm in Silicon Valley where ALL EVs have mark-ups of anywhere from $5000 all the way up to $20,000:
  1. If people are walking away from 2023 price hikes for ICE vehicles that's one thing, but if they're walking away thinking they'll find a comparable EV at a lower cost, they're going to be very disappointed.
  2. Ford itself said the 2023 price increases are "a result of material cost increases, supply-chain strains and market conditions." which is why I believe part of the increase is to help curb ADM.
  3. Coming from a Tesla Model Y Performance, I can tell you the MME GT-P is worth the same $. You may give up a little range, cargo room, 0-60 and marginally superior tech going with the MME, but the build quality and paint makes up for it.
  4. I drove over 200 miles to a (mostly truck) Ford dealer in rural Northern California to get the lowest ADM I could find ($5000) and was willing to pay it because I knew with a 2022 I'd still get the $7500 and because I got a ridiculous trade-in amount for my Tesla (profited close to $20k). So a price jump for "market conditions" is legit.
  5. Cars don't get cheaper year after year.
I don't know. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people on this forum who have Rivian preorders which are price protected if ordered prior to March 31st 2022.

Those of use who hadn't made up our minds now have a huge incentive to buy the Rivian over most other EVs.

Top of the line Mache e prices are similar to an R1S.

Rivians are starting to look like a heck of a deal for people who reserved at the original prices.

Last edited:

Hodog16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Odyssey
Country flag
I understand why Ford raised the MSRP, but for me personally I'm going to skip putting an order in for a 2023 now. I was thinking of ordering a GT just in case I wanted to change things up next year since the only commitment was a $500 refundable deposit.

Now with the price increase and loss of tax credit it's a $15k swing for a car that's basically unchanged.

I test drove an MME and it's a great vehicle, congrats to those of you who are getting 2022's with built in equity!

Caulk-E

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Premium ER RWD
Country flag
I understand why Ford raised the MSRP, but for me personally I'm going to skip putting an order in for a 2023 now. I was thinking of ordering a GT just in case I wanted to change things up next year since the only commitment was a $500 refundable deposit.

Now with the price increase and loss of tax credit it's a $15k swing for a car that's basically unchanged.

I test drove an MME and it's a great vehicle, congrats to those of you who are getting 2022's with built in equity!
I can feel demand for the Mach-E go down. Supply will still be tight, but demand will go down because of this price hike. This will also affect ADMs.

Reactions: USC

Hodog16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Odyssey
Country flag
I think demand will still meet supply. ADM's probably will need to be tapered though, as you said earlier not sure how many people will still want to pay $10,000 ADM's on top of a $6-8k increase because then you get into the $80+k MSRP range and there's a lot of great vehicles in that price tier.

Blusteed

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 Mustang GT Vert PP1, '21 Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Changes for my Price Protected MY 2022 Mach-e GTPE
(If I've missed something pls let me know)

Price Hikes.jpg
Glass roof on my ‘21 GTPE was $1300, and base price was $59,900, so that would round your increase from ‘21 number to over $8K. Yikes.

Regulus7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
993 C4 Cab, Macan S, SantaFe, Ice Blue MME GT
Occupation
Money Manager
Country flag
Overall this is good news for those of us with 2021 and 2022s on Ford Options as likely our residual values will be higher than outstanding ballon payment

snowdoggie

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo, Nissan, Audi 2017 SQ5, MME GT, M3
Occupation
IT Operations Manager
Country flag
Might as well get the Taycan. It's only 15k more.
I actually started this because paying almost 80k I might as well be in luxury/performance territory, all the dealers around the bay areas have a markup and the cheapest one not spoken for was 102k
Sponsored