List of dealers charging exorbitant amounts

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
There are Hyundai Tuscans going 5k over. It’s somewhat a hot car too. And it’s sort of weird because your trade-in is probably 5k more than it was a year ago too, although said dealer might forget about that part.

ADM kind of bothers me but far less than hijinks on an ordered car. Hey price was agreed to, no nitrogen, wheel locks, adm or anything else, including F&I games. Never met a finance guy whose 1st offer ever matched my credit union, or was honest about working with them (always lied there) but usually matched it in the end.

The other thing is, I can see scenarios where ADM makes sense in rare cases, for instance, high inflation, and high trade-in to get in now rather than 6 months from now. But adm is also taxed so in CA, that’s an extra 10% on top of the adm.
The Hyundai Tucson is a hot car worthy of an ADM?

Now I’ve heard everything!
Sponsored

Brazenbuck

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE | Shelby GT500
Country flag
Yes they can and I'm all for capitalism. There's a point however when someone is taking advantage of a situation. My post was more about education and who to avoid if you are looking for a vehicle that wont set them back financially. I was encouraging people to be patient.

I would disagree that "no one" is paying 20k ADM as I've seen them go for 10-15k ADM. Personally, I haven't seen a 20k, but being that I've seen 15, I'm sure there's some 20's out there.

The way I got the original list of dealers was by doing exactly that. These weren't web prices, these were people who I called and offered an amount to. None of them would budge. If you read my post I have been waiting, and I have decided to search hi and low for a vehicle instead of waiting anymore. It's not because I don't mind waiting, I'm very patient, but for tax purposes I chose not to wait until next year as this year would be more beneficial for me.

Follow Up to All:

After posting this I reached out to a couple execs at Ford (via twitter) that have been very outspoken about these dealerships with high ADMs. I provided them the link to this post. Within a couple hours following my communication with them, dealers reached out to me with MSRP offers and I accepted one, put a down payment to secure it and will finalize the transaction tomorrow.
Which Ford execs responded to you?

SushiQ

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5, Honda Pilot, Mustang Mach-E (on order)
Country flag
Here’s one that was sent to me around three weeks ago from a dealer in Orange, CA. They’re “willing to work” with me on the price. Thanks, but no thanks!
Ford Mustang Mach-E List of dealers charging exorbitant amounts 66971585-3F21-4190-9F45-A753064A8EB2
Ford Mustang Mach-E List of dealers charging exorbitant amounts C0FE141F-4A61-4957-8E99-63DCA516D609

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Here’s one that was sent to me around three weeks ago from a dealer in Orange, CA. They’re “willing to work” with me on the price. Thanks, but no thanks!
Yeah good luck with any of the crooks in Cali. I couldn't get anyone to budge at all here. But don't be discouraged look elsewhere.

Caramel

First Name
Vi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
Phil Long Ford Motor City in Colorado Springs, CO - $15k

C8BC1C18-AC11-49FF-8916-2C13ACA16C92.png