Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E First Edition Carbonized Grey, Audi Q7
Occupation
Systems Engineer Lead
Country flag
Thought we could start a thread for machdrop updates specifically. Since we r still in the dark, let’s pls share what we learn. My dealer confirmed my machdrop order is in the system but no build date last I heard. I converted a premium to FE.
When I started researching the Mach E the most mentioned date for starting production was Oct. 26. That seems to have slid, a lot.

I only had one requirement, I need to take delivery before midnight Jan. 1st, 2021. It's looking less and less that is going to happen. So I'll probably have to cancel my order for Infinite Blue ER Premium.

FairfieldCT

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE (Mach Drop)
Country flag
Here is what I think happened to me - and I suspect to many of us who did the Mach Drop upgrade... Dealers saw as an opportunity to get ahead in the queue and have a Mach E in stock, they DID NOT replace the original order, instead created a brand new FE order. Just talked to my dealer and he confirmed that there were two orders. This would explain a few things:
- Why I still see my premium order on Ford.com
- Why my premium has a build date - and my FE does not
- Why premium order being an early number will come much sooner than the FE
- and finally why I am pissed that they didn't replace the order which would likely give my FE a date compatible with my early reservation!!!!

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Same here as the rest of you. My premium order which me dealer said he canceled is scheduled the week of 12/7. My dealer sees an order out there for my FE, but no build date. This sucks. I know we had no guarantees, but surely Ford new the implications in launching a “First Edition”. This is the very reason I was willing to pay more. I guess on the bright side I’ll save $3600.
That's my fear now. My original Premium order got cancelled by Ford because I ended up with 2 Machdrop FEs in the system (one from calling, and one from the waitlist). Can only have 2 on order at once, so my Premium automatically cancelled. (Dealer subsequently canceled the 2nd Machdrop.)

If my FE doesn't show up in 2020, and I find out my Premium would have showed up about the same time (or even sooner), I'm gonna be pissed at having got suckered into blowing an additional $3600 for nothing.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Here is what I think happened to me - and I suspect to many of us who did the Mach Drop upgrade... Dealers saw as an opportunity to get ahead in the queue and have a Mach E in stock, they DID NOT replace the original order, instead created a brand new FE order. Just talked to my dealer and he confirmed that there were two orders. This would explain a few things:
- Why I still see my premium order on Ford.com
- Why my premium has a build date - and my FE does not
- Why premium order being an early number will come much sooner than the FE
- and finally why I am pissed that they didn't replace the order which would likely give my FE a date compatible with my early reservation!!!!
My understanding is that all Machdrop's went in as brand new orders by Ford. The dealers weren't even allowed to convert an existing order to an FE.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Seems to me the Drop orders are probably only a couple days of production to get them all out. We get tidbits of info form insiders and then think we know what's up. We don't. They are not going to take our suggestions. That's fine. just venting...

OP
OP
back_at_it_19

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
My understanding is that all Machdrop's went in as brand new orders by Ford. The dealers weren't even allowed to convert an existing order to an FE.
The biggest question is what would that do to a build date for a FE. End of the line after 50000 orders or just the “end” of the line for 2-5000 FE’s?!? I gotta think the latter...

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
There doesn't seem to be a difference in scheduling of the Mach drop FE compared to any other FE (at least not yet). Many FE are still waiting on a build date and many other trims are scheduled already prior to many FE.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
There doesn't seem to be a difference in scheduling of the Mach drop FE compared to any other FE (at least not yet). Many FE are still waiting on a build date and many other trims are scheduled already prior to many FE.
Which seems very odd to me.

OP
OP
back_at_it_19

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
Let’s hope that when they schedule more this Thursday (sounds like that’s when they donut), that all the FE’s get a build date. My dealer said a couple weeks ago that it looked like my machdrop FE would be about 2 weeks behind when my premium would’ve been built, just from eyeballing dates in the order system (not reservation dates). He said that was a total guess based on his experience and granted this is all new to him.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Odd indeed. Not really happy to have to wait longer for the FE, but my real issue is that people who reserved months later are getting build dates in November, but I reserved on the launch night and I'm scheduled for the end of December.

Basically there was no reason for me to reserve early.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Odd indeed. Not really happy to have to wait longer for the FE, but my real issue is that people who reserved months later are getting build dates in November, but I reserved on the launch night and I'm scheduled for the end of December.

Basically there was no reason for me to reserve early.
The entire FE, including the few Drops order, is tiny in the big picture. They could probably get them all out the door in a matter of days or a week. Maybe if we knew what their production game plan is, it might make sense, but so far it's really a head scratchier.
Sponsored