Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Still no word on my MachDrop. My premium is scheduled for week of 12/21, so I'm guessing that one will arrive first. I was never told to cancel my original reservation, so I plan to take whichever one gets to the dealer first.
Sponsored

FairfieldCT

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE (Mach Drop)
Country flag
I have a dealer order number from my dealer which is just a copy of one line of their order listings screen. It shows a 4 digit order number and some FE package codes, as well as "unscheduled/clean" designation.
The only way to use that order number is to give it and the exact dealer name and location together, then Ford Program Headquarters can look it up and find the order to tell you if it has moved from Unscheduled or not. Mine hasn't. Yes, aggravating...
HI @agoldman I have a screen shot of their order as well, didn't know the 4 digit meant anything. At the top says " Preview Order XXXX - K3S Premium AWD" is this the one you are referring to? I will try to use Program Headquarters as you have if that is the case...

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
HI @agoldman I have a screen shot of their order as well, didn't know the 4 digit meant anything. At the top says " Preview Order XXXX - K3S Premium AWD" is this the one you are referring to? I will try to use Program Headquarters as you have if that is the case...
The 4-digit number only means anything if you also have the dealer name/ID. It's an order# for that dealer's vehicles.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
Just got an email from Ford. My First Edition has a build date of 1/4/21 and they also gave me a VIN. One interesting note - they said there is another First Edition with my name on it that remains unscheduled. They said they told me just so I was aware and that it is not a problem. A little confusing, but I think this is their explanation why my dealer was saying it was unscheduled.

jdmrc93

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition in Grabber Blue
Occupation
IT Network Engineer
Country flag
So excited!!!! One odd thing, it doesn't say that it's scheduled for production in Vehicle Order Tracking, but my dealer says it's scheduled in WBDO for the week of 1/4/2021. We had to do a lot of investigation to get to this point. It's funny, referring to my last post, I may never have seen this vehicle if my dealer did not search hell or high water for it, since it's not actually going to MY dealer.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach Drop Build Updates First Edition.JPG

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Just got an email from Ford. My First Edition has a build date of 1/4/21 and they also gave me a VIN. One interesting note - they said there is another First Edition with my name on it that remains unscheduled. They said they told me just so I was aware and that it is not a problem. A little confusing, but I think this is their explanation why my dealer was saying it was unscheduled.
So....knowing what you know now, do you have any regrets of changing your reservation to the First Edition? Paying $3600 extra to get the car a month after you would have likely received the Premium, seems like a hard-pass for me. That's why I cancelled my mach drop reservation and kept my Premium order. My build week is 6 Dec, which is much more tolerable than early January.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So excited!!!! One odd thing, it doesn't say that it's scheduled for production in Vehicle Order Tracking, but my dealer says it's scheduled in WBDO for the week of 1/4/2021. We had to do a lot of investigation to get to this point. It's funny, referring to my last post, I may never have seen this vehicle if my dealer did not search hell or high water for it, since it's not actually going to MY dealer.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach Drop Build Updates First Edition.JPG
That's exactly what I'm getting too. Only order confirmed status, but my dealer can see Jan 4 somewhere on his end.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
So....knowing what you know now, do you have any regrets of changing your reservation to the First Edition? Paying $3600 extra to get the car a month after you would have likely received the Premium, seems like a hard-pass for me. That's why I cancelled my mach drop reservation and kept my Premium order. My build week is 6 Dec, which is much more tolerable than early January.
I have a Premium build date of 12/21 vs 1/4 for the First Edition. In reality, that isn't a huge difference. The big problem for me is the price difference. My wife is really sold on the Grabber Blue. Now that I have firm details, I plan on talking to my dealer and asking if we can look at the Rapid Red Premium before deciding. I don't think it is worth a $3600 price difference for the Grabber Blue or minor cosmetic differences, but if it makes me wife happy, then I'm all in. She wondered if the First Edition and Grabber Blue would give it a higher resell value. I told her maybe... but probably only a few hundred bucks. But we may only do the Ford Options plan anyway.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I have a Premium build date of 12/21 vs 1/4 for the First Edition. In reality, that isn't a huge difference. The big problem for me is the price difference. My wife is really sold on the Grabber Blue. Now that I have firm details, I plan on talking to my dealer and asking if we can look at the Rapid Red Premium before deciding. I don't think it is worth a $3600 price difference for the Grabber Blue or minor cosmetic differences, but if it makes me wife happy, then I'm all in. She wondered if the First Edition and Grabber Blue would give it a higher resell value. I told her maybe... but probably only a few hundred bucks. But we may only do the Ford Options plan anyway.
Funny because my wife was adamant that she DID NOT want me getting the grabber blue color lol. She thinks it looks too much like a toy. For what it's worth, when I asked my dealer if I could change my premium order from RWD to AWD, he told me that the factory rep told him that I COULDNT change it because I have a build date. He said I'd have to do a whole new order. Not sure if you'll get the same answer or not.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I wonder why it's so quiet all of a sudden on the build dates front. Especially finishing up the FE's build dates. There aren't that many. It seems almost like they are waiting for something else to happen, or testing, or updates, or something, no? Hope no production snags have cropped up.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I wonder why it's so quiet all of a sudden on the build dates front. Especially finishing up the FE's build dates. There aren't that many. It seems almost like they are waiting for something else to happen, or testing, or updates, or something, no? Hope no production snags have cropped up.
This place hasn't been quiet for months. It takes me a full 40 hour work week to get through one day's worth of new posts. (Ok, maybe that isn't entirely accurate.)

Anyway, it's recently been mentioned that build scheduling is working on a largely every other week pattern at this point, with only minor tweaks in between.

And, we've seen builds scheduled into early February iirc (or was it early January?), so being as it's only mid-November, it seems like we should give them some time to actually build the vehicles they've queued up.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
yeah, I didn't mean quiet in general, just quiet for a while with new build dates.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
OK, I have a question from the Mach Drop recipients with a build date.

So, you have your build date, congrats!

Did you get an email from Ford Corporate that looked just like the regular build date notifications or have you been notified in a different way?

There are a few Droppers here that aren't sure if they have been dropped, or maybe they were dropped from the Mach-drop.

Lukeh02

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14’ Taurus (21’ Mustang ME)
Country flag
OK, I have a question from the Mach Drop recipients with a build date.

So, you have your build date, congrats!

Did you get an email from Ford Corporate that looked just like the regular build date notifications or have you been notified in a different way?

There are a few Droppers here that aren't sure if they have been dropped, or maybe they were dropped from the Mach-drop.

I got an email two months ago from ford that my Mach Drop was confirmed.

My dealer also then called me about a week ago and told me there is a build date of 1/4/21
Sponsored