Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I am not sure, but it feels like order number trumps reservation number if reservations can be converted to orders up to December 31st.
My guess on that part is:
1) All FEs have to convert by 31 July. They will definitely be delivered first among the customer units. They will probably all be produced by reservation timestamp order since orders will be in well before production starts.
2) Premium production will begin before 31 December. Among those who order well ahead of production start (maybe 31 August?), production will be by timestamp order. However, at some point, production will begin and people will still be debating on conversion. Cars will be produced based on orders in hand. Late Premium orders (but before 31 December) will be honored before they start cranking out Selects and CA Route 1s. Of course, at some point the European orders start to get mixed in. Punchline: if you want your premium in 2020, don't dawdle on your ordering.
Sponsored

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
1) All FEs have to convert by 31 July. They will definitely be delivered first among the customer units. They will probably all be produced by reservation timestamp order since orders will be in well before production starts.
2) Premium production will begin before 31 December. Among those who order well ahead of production start (maybe 31 August?), production will be by timestamp order. However, at some point, production will begin and people will still be debating on conversion. Cars will be produced based on orders in hand. Late Premium orders (but before 31 December) will be honored before they start cranking out Selects and CA Route 1s. Of course, at some point the European orders start to get mixed in. Punchline: if you want your premium in 2020, don't dawdle on your ordering.
I mostly agree. Except with these tweaks.

2) Premium production will begin before 31 December immediately after the FE and Among those who order well ahead of production start (maybe 31 August?), production will be by timestamp order.

3) Cars will be produced based on orders in hand. Late Premium reservations (before 31 December) will be honored before they start cranking out and they will be mixed in with Selects and CA Route 1s for early 2021 delivery. Of course, at some point the European orders start to get mixed in too.

4) Production will begin before everyone converts to an order. Once your order is received and production has started for your trim level you'll be put into the next available spot in the production queue and prioritized by timestamp.

Punchline: if you want your premium in 2020, don't dawdle too long on your ordering.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

2) Premium production will begin before 31 December immediately after the FE and Among those who order well ahead of production start (maybe 31 August?), production will be by timestamp order.

3) Cars will be produced based on orders in hand. Late Premium reservations (before 31 December) will be honored before they start cranking out and they will be mixed in with Selects and CA Route 1s for early 2021 delivery. Of course, at some point the European orders start to get mixed in too.

4) Production will begin before everyone converts to an order. Once your order is received and production has started for your trim level you'll be put into the next available spot in the production queue and prioritized by timestamp.

Punchline: if you want your premium in 2020, don't dawdle too long on your ordering.
I accept the proposed amendments! You probably have a better experience with these guesses than I.

However, I have a few questions on FEs still that led to my "probably":
1) Will the European FEs be built along with the US ones (delaying US Premiums) and sit around awaiting their Premium companions for the long cruise across the pond?
2) Since there are only 3 colors with matching interiors will they do all the Grabber Blues, then all the Rapid Reds, then all the Carbonized Grays? (I just put those in order from coolest to plainest colors ;) ). If so, the order might be color, then timestamp.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
I accept the proposed amendments! You probably have a better experience with these guesses than I.

1) Will the European FEs be built along with the US ones (delaying US Premiums) and sit around awaiting their Premium companions for the long cruise across the pond?
2) Since there are only 3 colors with matching interiors will they do all the Grabber Blues, then all the Rapid Reds, then all the Carbonized Grays? (I just put those in order from coolest to plainest colors ;) ). If so, the order might be color, then timestamp.
I think production will ramp up and get more efficient. I was talk to the GM at a dealership today and he said they can build an Expedition from start to finish in 45 min. With fewer moving parts the production should be similar or better.

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag

1.) My guess for Europe/UK is that they'll repeat the process for NA. Start with their FE and then other trims. But the Europe/UK FE will be produced alongside of the Selects/Rt 1/Premiums for NA. So the Europe/UK FE's will be the first one's made (for that market).

2.) I don't see why they would batch the vehicles by color. I would think they would make all the FE by timestamp regardless of color. If you've seen any other Ford production line it's a mix of colors all at the same time.

Edez ME

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E350
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Any speculation about Ford’s plans for the unclaimed FEs that do not convert to orders?

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
I am hoping that dealer units are being produced now, so delears can have some by July 31st. :)
Probably wishful thinking, but if they are being built now, some could be delivered by July 31st...

As it's been said the FE is just a version of the premium, some of the premiums will likely be built with the FE runs, if they have a low enough reservation and they get their final order in quickly (ie: start of July instead of end of July).

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

Can you or the admins PLEASE make this a separate topic (preferably sticky) so we don't have to go through it every day in almost every thread. I realize the problem is that people don't read what's already written, but at least the link could get inserted and you wouldn't have to write it over and over

Johnny

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium SR AWD, Buick Enclave
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
It's up! It's up! It's up! Ready to order!!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E customer order bank will open June 26! Screenshot_20200627-052834

radioactiveToys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
One interesting note - anyone else see that both Select and Route 1 models were listed as available in "Late 2020" when you edit your reservation configuration?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E customer order bank will open June 26! mymustang2

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag

Cobra95Kev

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Edge
Country flag
Has anyone figured out how to change any options yet before you order? Like the color?
Thanks

EDIT: I found it down at the bottom. It says make changes to vehicle.

Paulalex01

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 F-150, 2019 Miata, 2009 Element
Occupation
Retired - Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Looks like GTs cannot be ordered till December.

JoelOclock

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag

When do you guess FE production will be finished?
Sponsored