Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 4X, ā€˜14 SS Sedan tuned, ā€˜17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
@Ford Motor Company, please chime in or contact the OP to explain the power limiting witnessed in the video. People want to know specifics regarding this situation prior to taking delivery. Before October media drives.
Sponsored

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
One other note. I did flash the latest software on the PCM and both motors on 9/18 as there was an update available. So it has the most recent software unless an update happened this week.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Were you driving in unbridled extend?
No, as the power limit does not stay down. In extended it is limited all of the time and reflects it in the power meter. Also the TC/ESC/FCW lights will be on in unbridled extended.

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
Is the power meter a GT-only thing? I don't have it in my non-GT Mach-E.
I think it's the higher software update providing that. I assume you'll get it in October.

kgautam28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eco boost 2016, 2021 Mach e FE, 2022 Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Software
Country flag
Is that power meter or how much power you are using? Because once you lift off it's going green, indicating Regen. Tesla has something similar like a thin line.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
How does the acceleration feel above 60 compare to the FE or your previous ICE car? Is it still snappy?

Brofessional

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 GR86, 12 Accord, 18 Yukon, 21 Mach E GT
Country flag
is there any chance this is entirely a limit of back EMF and what RPM flux weakening is being turned on? If so there might not be too much that can be done other than tweaks to the flux weakening.

Tesla has a switched reluctance motor and an induction motor, both don't have back emf that cause high speed loss of power.
No. Flux weakening doesnā€™t ā€œcauseā€ high speed loss of power despite that article that was posted on the drive. Itā€™s used to keep power at the unitā€™s max, and it starts at like 30-40 mph.

This has been beaten to death.

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
Thank you so much for this. While not as fast as we would all like, that still seems like plenty of power to pass safely at highway speeds.
Anyone that spends 70 grand on a Mustang GT Performance Edition and finds ā€œplenty of power to pass safelyā€ acceptable is a chump.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Is that power meter or how much power you are using? Because once you lift off it's going green, indicating Regen. Tesla has something similar like a thin line.
Power meter = power using, blue = power consumption, green = regen.

How does the acceleration feel above 60 compare to the FE or your previous ICE car? Is it still snappy?
Yes it is still snappy just way less powerful feeling than expected. I donā€™t think it is worse than the FE.

Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MMEGT - sold, '23 BMW i4 M50, various others
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I am really interested to see what happens if you go from a cruise situation at ~75MPH (typical highway speed around here), to full throttle. Does it IMMEDIATELY limit power or do you get close to 100% power for some decent period of time.

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
I am really interested to see what happens if you go from a cruise situation at ~75MPH (typical highway speed around here), to full throttle. Does it IMMEDIATELY limit power or do you get close to 100% power for some decent period of time.
It feels like you get a half second surge of a lot of torque and then it feels like a turd afterwards.

Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MMEGT - sold, '23 BMW i4 M50, various others
Occupation
IT
Country flag
It feels like you get a half second surge of a lot of torque and then it feels like a turd afterwards.
Well, turd is subjective, but I do own a 600+ HP modified GT500... Not sure what to do. My MMEGT is supposed to show up at the dealer in the last week of October.

snickerson123

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Well, turd is subjective, but I do own a 600+ HP modified GT500... Not sure what to do. My MMEGT is supposed to show up at the dealer in the last week of October.
Mine has the same delivery time frame. So on the fence about all of this.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Iā€™m happy with the car overall, this is just a little weird. If I get the chance Iā€™ll take another video at highway speeds with a higher SoC.
Sponsored