Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
There are only 3 companies like that but so I do not incur a lawsuit I will not mention names.
I am guessing that they are in ALL STATES with FARMERS, and are PRUDENTIAL in their planning?
Sponsored

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
Hmm, weird. My wife and I went to Geico in 2003 or so after we were in an accident. I don't remember who our insurance co was, but the woman that hit is was with Geico. They were a pleasure to deal with, and our company was unhelpful and unresponsive - so we switched. Since then my Son and daughter both have had accidents, and while our rates did go up some it wasn't bad and they were still very helpful.
Your experience is very unusual. On the flip side adding kids adds a significant increase as well as exposure. I just know what happens in Cali.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
I am guessing that they are in ALL STATES with FARMERS, and are PRUDENTIAL in their planning?
prudential and MetLife are life insurance companies who happen to sell car insurance. They are NOT the big players. I should add that they both sell great health insurance. Car/house insurance is only sold to keep clients from going elsewhere with their health and life insurance. Met life makes money on car insurance because they do payroll deduction for employees of large companies. They are totally not competitive but employees like it deducted from their paychecks so that it is easier.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Your experience is very unusual. On the flip side adding kids adds a significant increase as well as exposure. I just know what happens in Cali.
Yes, when my daughter got her license in 2009 and when my son got his in 2013 my rates did of course go up significantly. But both had subsequent accidents and the increases after those weren't that bad.

mfjj

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Fusion Energi, 2013 C-Max, 2006 Prius, 2000 Prius
Country flag
There are only 3 companies like that but so I do not incur a lawsuit I will not mention names.
I'll play. Dennis Haysbert, Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning?

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
I am an insurance agent with one of the large companies and I have a different take on some of the things that have been said previously. The Mach E Should not cost you more than insuring any other $50,000 car.
In my experience, every quote will be different and you are wise to compare different companies. Your driving record, address and other policies you have will often be taken into consideration. The longer you are with us, the better your discounts.
It's important to be able to be able to work with someone you can trust, and If they are changing things for some reason, ask them why. If they can't explain it to your satisfaction, don't stay with them. There are a lot of options out there.

Last edited:

Deleted member 367

I am an insurance agent in SoCal. I have very high limits. The cost per month over my 2017 Fusion SPORT AWD is $9.00 per month more. If it were a Tesla 3 series it would likely be in the $100 plus more per month. One of my clients just bought an X series Tesla and their payments are $250 per month. The Mach E is LESS than a $100 per month

Hey folks, Check with Tesla Insurance. They are charging me $238 mo for TWO Teslas - 2018 Model 3 and 2020 Model S Long Range Plus. Originally I checked with my then current insurance company Liberty Mutual, and L.M quoted me $5000 yr for the Model 3 alone!!! And I'm an old dude with a good driving record. Needless, they are now my FORMER insurance company. You just might get help here.

CA GRANT

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
Hey folks, Check with Tesla Insurance. They are charging me $238 mo for TWO Teslas - 2018 Model 3 and 2020 Model S Long Range Plus. Originally I checked with my then current insurance company Liberty Mutual, and L.M quoted me $5000 yr for the Model 3 alone!!! And I'm an old dude with a good driving record. Needless, they are now my FORMER insurance company. You just might get help here.

CA GRANT
you might want to look at the coverages. Just saying. They are not the same.

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
you might want to look at the coverages. Just saying. They are not the same.
It is always important to make sure that the coverages are the same. I can cut your price in half if I eliminate some of you coverage or cut it down to the bare minimum. It won't help you in an accident but it's real cheap. Way too many people only think about the price today and don't think about "what if." What if I hit a car because the sun impairs my vision? Will I have enough liability coverage so they can get the care they will need?
I know you say, that's not likely, but these are just the kinds of possibilities that people need to be prepared for. I could tell you stories that would turn your hair grey. Life is not fair and bad things happen to good people. Preparation is important. Good insurance coverage is really worth it.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
It is always important to make sure that the coverages are the same. I can cut your price in half if I eliminate some of you coverage or cut it down to the bare minimum. It won't help you in an accident but it's real cheap. Way too many people only think about the price today and don't think about "what if." What if I hit a car because the sun impairs my vision? Will I have enough liability coverage so they can get the care they will need?
I know you say, that's not likely, but these are just the kinds of possibilities that people need to be prepared for. I could tell you stories that would turn your hair grey. Life is not fair and bad things happen to good people. Preparation is important. Good insurance coverage is really worth it.
In general you absolutely get what you pay for, and it took me a while to learn that. Cheaper is definitely not the same thing as better, and the overemphasis on cost is why so many things are made unacceptably bad, IMHO.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
now that is beyond the truth. Car insurance is something that the average persons asks ami covered and that is it.

this is THE why having an agent is far superior then just going on line and picking what YOU THINK you need

MattG

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Crosstrek, Lotus Elise, Jeep Wrangler LJ
Country flag
I received a quote from State Farm...replacing a 2019 Mazda CX-5 (turbo) with the Mach-E boosts the six month rate from $376 to $520 (same levels of coverage).

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I received a quote from State Farm...replacing a 2019 Mazda CX-5 (turbo) with the Mach-E boosts the six month rate from $376 to $520 (same levels of coverage).
ouch
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.