Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
So at the time we were all placing orders for '21 & '22 MY cars CP (and others) were issuing glowing reports - whether it was "EV of the Year" honours or little green "Recommended" badges.

And now with the benefit of hindsight they are calling take-backsies.

Ironically the MY23 will probably prove to be much more reliable, now that the wrinkles have been ironed out. But the '23 won't be "recommended", even though it's now a (hopefully) much more reliable car.

The best time to buy or sell a stock is yesterday, and it seems the best model year to to use for reliability reports is "last year's".

Jimbo

First Name
Jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium 4X
Country flag
Pretty depressing to see Ford essentially say 'For Bronco Sport, we did hardware recalls like we should. For Mach E, it's too expensive to open the battery, so we gimp power in software'

Boselka

First Name
Jason & Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vibedigital.marketing
Vehicles
'16 CMaxEnergi|'17 FocusElectric|'21 Mustang MachE
Occupation
Website Design, Development, and Digital Marketing
Country flag
Keep in mind that the CR study is based on readers opinions, which if th is forum is any example I expected it to go this way, especially if you look at the “troubled areas” mostly electronics. Which what you consider major is a question. For example PAAK for our MME fails 1 out of 10 times, but I have learned that 99% of the failure is at home. I suspect it is because at home the Mach-E is never more than 30 feet away from one of our phones. So we just type in the code on the driver door sometimes and qualify it as trivial. But based on what I read from people on this forum, this is a horrible failure and Ford should be ashamed. We don’t consider that as a major problem, I mean my Face ID for my iPhone is about as reliable. Who knows, sometimes I wonder if I am out of touch with reality or the majority of the world is. LOL

Hibtone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX, Mach E GT
Country flag
Sorry folks, but you can thank me for this. Everytime I buy a CR recommended car it ends up on the worst list a couple of years later. My '14 Passat TDI was a great example. Best sell your MME now while you can still get something for it.
Sponsored