MillieChliette

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTPE ordered
Country flag
Based on my Volvo 2016 XC90 experience, I am very reluctant to buy another Volvo or derivative.

We will see how this Ford manages... yet I have to say, I have not even done a full WOT on Unbridled because I fear the HVJBDEATHTHING.

Also for this things cost, and range, it should be bigger than it is... but its not...

I liked the Volvo infotainment center they developed - I had the new Android based version on a few of my rentals (that I got often because the thing was in the shop all the time) - and I did not like that.. I liked the in-house one better, but apparently that is being fully replaced by the android version in all new things.
Have you gone WOT in engage or whisper? Because it's the same. It's just throttle mapping.
Sponsored

Xadion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD SR - Plat Graphite
Country flag
Have you gone WOT in engage or whisper? Because it's the same. It's just throttle mapping.
No, I mostly drive 1P in whisper. If I 'gun it' its usually only 80% I drive usually like an old man.

My leaf seemed to jump off the line more than this... But it is bigger of a car and mine is a standard range RWD... I know its not the super go fast model config lol

Passing though in the 40 to 50mph this thing can go then. I should just punch it one day for fun... Didn't buy the extended warranty for nothing if the dumb thing breaks itself

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
No, I mostly drive 1P in whisper. If I 'gun it' its usually only 80% I drive usually like an old man.

My leaf seemed to jump off the line more than this... But it is bigger of a car and mine is a standard range RWD... I know its not the super go fast model config lol

Passing though in the 40 to 50mph this thing can go then. I should just punch it one day for fun... Didn't buy the extended warranty for nothing if the dumb thing breaks itself
You don't need to worry about WOTs in Unbridled causing a HVBJB failure. It appears to be closely related to long, high speed driving, not WOTs or DCFC sessions.

Enjoy your car. Punch it! I did several times today.

Xadion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You don't need to worry about WOTs in Unbridled causing a HVBJB failure. It appears to be closely related to long, high speed driving, not WOTs or DCFC sessions.

Enjoy your car. Punch it! I did several times today.
I charge at home on an old slow 20amp l2 charger I had from the leaf, I am upgrading it to 40amp but wooowee copper is $$ nowadays. I will then use the charger it came with, still lower and slower than DCFC

I don't plan on this thing taking long fast trips, that's what the wife's car is for

may give it a go go tomorrow for fun's.

OnceYouGo

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD, Job 1
Country flag
I owned a P2, I found the tech experience excellent. The car was a sleeper with the dual motors, and it put a smile on my face gunning it. I also liked the big open trunk hatch like a model S, way more versatile with carrying my bike inside.

The efficiency was not amazing. You always got below EPA. No way to know now, but I wouldnt hope the P3 to exceed EPA.

I'd be very happy with the interior and exterior design of the P3. For me though, I already have a car that shape that doesn't have 3 rows...

I wish the MME had this driver display:

AEF24F99-9948-4AFB-A4AC-42696B7EDF5C.png

Last edited:

Xadion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I owned a P2, I found the tech experience excellent. The car was a sleeper with the dual motors, and it put a smile on my face gunning it. I also liked the big open trunk hatch like a model S, way more versatile with carrying my bike inside.

The efficiency was not amazing. You always got below EPA. No way to know now, but I wouldnt hope the P3 to exceed EPA.

I'd be very happy with the interior and exterior design of the P3. For me though, I already have a car that shape that doesn't have 3 rows...

I wish the MME had this driver display:

AEF24F99-9948-4AFB-A4AC-42696B7EDF5C.png
Yup mme needs an update to add map on gauge display

OP
OP

LincolnLuvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
currently car-less, but hope to get a MME!
Country flag
It's a handsome design, but really disappointed it doesn't have the 350 mile range they originally forecast. Impressed at the amount of headroom for rear passengers. Curious what kind of autonomous driving capability it will offer. Will be equipped with Nvidia Drive + LIDAR.

There's speculation that the 2024 models, if assembled in the US, will be priced lower due to lack of tariffs.

Last edited:
Reactions: McS

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I worry about the involvement of the CCP in all Chinese owned companies. It is prudent to think twice about buying a vehicle that is likely able to track everywhere you go, and possibly record your actions inside and outside the car. The CCP is known to be gathering data like that, and I will not willingly give them my data. So no Polestar for me.

OP
OP

LincolnLuvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
currently car-less, but hope to get a MME!
Country flag
I've resigned myself to the fact that my personal data will be tracked and recorded regardless of which company I buy products from. Yep, looking at you Alexa, Siri. The costs of living in an increasingly networked and high tech world.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I've resigned myself to the fact that my personal data will be tracked and recorded regardless of which company I buy products from. Yep, looking at you Alexa, Siri. The costs of living in an increasingly networked and high tech world.
Yes, but the CCP is not an ally. They are an adversary that would love to use the data against us. I am not thrilled that Ford can track me all over the place, but they are not the enemy. Worse case Ford and Amazon will use the data to sell us more stuff. That is not why the CCP is doing it.

Last edited:

All Hat No Cattle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Genesis GV-80 , 2017 Edge Titanium
Country flag
Just curious.

If, in 2022, Polestar announces that the 2024 P3 will be $85.3k, what are the chances, on a 1 to 10 scale, that will actually be the real sticker price?

1= Exactly the same

10= Yikes!! You have got to be kidding.! :):)

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
Yes, but the CCP is not an ally. They are an adversary that would love to use the data against us. I am not thrilled that Ford can track me all over the place, but they are not the enemy. Worse case Ford and Amazon will use the data to sell us more stuff. That is not why the CCP is doing it.
Absolutely. I'm with ya brother.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
$98,000 no thanks!

Jppumper

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1st car: 1966 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E X Premium
Occupation
Retired Master Certified Heavy Truck Technician
Country flag
And built in China

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I actually like it, good looking vehicle. It probably drives really nice. I have been a member of the polestar forum for the last six months in anticipation of the launch of the Polestar 3. Openly a Mach E GTPE is within $5000 of this, so it is really that out of line. (NO)
Sponsored