Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future 2023 Mustang Mach E Premium RWD
Occupation
Network Engineer
Country flag
Sorry I will pass on this one. The price is too much for me, for that price they asking I can get a Lucid. Plus The PS2 was too nice but too small inside. I felt like it wasn't any room for me and I'm not a big/tall guy at all. The PS3 looks great but I will stick with my 2023 MME.
Sponsored

OP
OP

LincolnLuvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
currently car-less, but hope to get a MME!
Country flag
Where can you find a charger to handle that? Tesla does it with 625A capable chargers.
No idea! But I would assume the 350kW chargers at Electrify America are capable of handling it?

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
No idea! But I would assume the 350kW chargers at Electrify America are capable of handling it?
No 500A maximum. Rivian is at 450V (400V nominal) and getting just at 200kw charging.

athomas43

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
I really like the polestar, but imo, the price is a complete joke. I can’t find any way to justify their ridiculous pricing. It’s not even like they offer some incredible features. Even if you look at the polestar 2, you to pay more money just to align most of the features with the mme & tesla.

JcMarin

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GT, Mustang EcoBoost, F-Type
Occupation
Telecom
Country flag
Mach-E wins this round hands down imo. Cheaper, more cargo space, similar performance, better interior.

Polestar 3 Specs (released today)
- 193 inches long, 64 inches high, 83.5 inches wide
- 17.1 cubic feet cargo space behind rear seats + 1.1 cubic foot frunk
- 0-60 in 4.9 seconds
- 250kW charging, 400V architecture, ~ 300 mile range
- 111 kwH battery
- Price: $85.3k
If this was a $60K EV SUV I think it would be a decent option coming to the market but $85K! there is nothing here that merits that price!

MachGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Pre-order
Country flag
CCP garbage. I rented a polestar 2 and was completely unimpressed. The parts like the door handles had the feel and function of a 90s Mazda. The glass roof without shade, terrible. And I'll give siri my personal info before china. Amazon is just trying to sell me stuff, CCP collects your data for blackmail and coercion. Maybe it doesn't affect you, but they might be focused on your friends, relatives, etc.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Yes, but the CCP is not an ally. They are an adversary that would love to use the data against us. I am not thrilled that Ford can track me all over the place, but they are not the enemy. Worse case Ford and Amazon will use the data to sell us more stuff. That is not why the CCP is doing it.
CCP is certainly an enemy - of its own people, and certainly of ours. Evil.

But Apple, Amazon, and many Western governments and political parties are increasingly becoming enemies of the people too. Unfortunately, the worst case is a lot worse than just selling us stuff.

Xadion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD SR - Plat Graphite
Country flag
While people can say what they wish about China, Volvo is an example of a large investment firm actually helping.

From what I gathered and spoke w, during my research and time w my XC90 was that unlike Ford, the Chinese co essentially was hands off as long as they made them $ on their investment that allowed them to push into the 'modern' age with their new, now current lineup.

They again are moving to their 2and gen of their modern platform within a few years with the new xc90, will see how it plays out.

Their bowers and Wilkins sound makes our B&O sound like a speak and spell... I will give them that. I loved the interior of my inscription xc90 but its mechanical issues at over 12k over 2 years and a constant never 'found' or resolved issue made the swap back to an EV easy.

Also imo polestar should have remained volvos 'm series' and perhaps only made some super car Ev's no need for them to push into the same space as their parent co

My xc90 had the polestar tune package also heh

OP
OP

LincolnLuvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm not interested in politics. I only care about the EV tech. The Polestar 3 helps advance the tech in this space which is better for us consumers.

OP
OP

LincolnLuvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Then presumably your handle refers to an electric hybrid Lincoln SUV, and not the politician who was our 16th president?
LOL. It is indeed referring to the car and not to the president! My first car was a Lincoln so I would prefer to get a Ford family EV but will consider alternative brands if the tech is better (e.g. why I have a Blazer RS on pre-order).

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
Quick walk around:

Surprised at the 400v architecture actually

randomvoice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
Missing the Federal credit by a few thousand is gonna hurt this one. For the price, I'd pick a Mach E GT over this anyday.
Sponsored