Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag
I know as is true with virtually any car company, JLR has bought back some 'lemons'. I've never heard of anyone having repurchased a 'lemon' that was sold as new by JLR. There were also many buybacks on Teslas and there was often much fighting back & forth until most of these cases were settled. It doesn't seem like the few cases I'm aware of with the I-Pace have had the need to be heavily fought.
Sponsored

HopefulAl

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I-PACE SE, x-Volvo XC60 T8 PHEV and x-Tesla S owner
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I know as is true with virtually any car company, JLR has bought back some 'lemons'. I've never heard of anyone having repurchased a 'lemon' that was sold as new by JLR. There were also many buybacks on Teslas and there was often much fighting back & forth until most of these cases were settled. It doesn't seem like the few cases I'm aware of with the I-Pace have had the need to be heavily fought.
I agree with Ken. The customer usually ends up "happy" and taken care of in these lemon buybacks. I sure have.

My last car, a Volvo XC60 T8 PHEV, had to be replaced under the lemon law. I did not have to go through the process and formalize it. The dealer & Swedish engineers could not make the front motor (gas) and the back motor (electric) work well together at about 4,500 miles. After six weeks, I raised a little hell. They bought it back and gave me a new one which worked great. The dealer makes out like a bandit in these deals. He/she gets all the warranty work to try to fix the problem(s) and then get reimbursed by the manufacturer for the sales transaction cost. In my case, the dealer fixed and resold my first car with a "lemon" title.

spicedparrot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Country flag
I"m getting really close to getting a 2020 iPace instead. The dealers are giving $15k off of trades or more. Its hard to justify waiting for the Mach E and paying full MSRP.

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
I"m getting really close to getting a 2020 iPace instead. The dealers are giving $15k off of trades or more. Its hard to justify waiting for the Mach E and paying full MSRP.
Is there a difference between the 2019 and 2020 I Pace?

pbojanoski

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace
Country flag
Is there a difference between the 2019 and 2020 I Pace?
Little or nothing, I believe. Some improvements to the infotainment system and cosmetic options coming in the 2021 model. 2019 and 2020 were very much the same.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Which MME and I-PACE trims are you interested in? What are your pros/cons?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Insideevs is insinuating that JLR has a lemon problem on their hands. I take whatever Gustavo Ruffo writes with a bucket of salt but he does reference a couple of I-PACE forum threads as evidence. Curious what you owners think.

https://insideevs.com/news/435095/jaguar-buying-back-defective-i-pace-nda/
wait, the argument Tesla fanbois are using to deny the problem of lemons being resold is "see look JLR is doing it too!"?

it's like when a bozo on Twitter tried to tell me that Tesla using "Autopilot" as a name was not a problem because Chrysler once used that name in 1950 or some such nonsense...

the RDF is strong with them... worse than with Apple fanbois...

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Insideevs is insinuating that JLR has a lemon problem on their hands. I take whatever Gustavo Ruffo writes with a bucket of salt but he does reference a couple of I-PACE forum threads as evidence. Curious what you owners think.

https://insideevs.com/news/435095/jaguar-buying-back-defective-i-pace-nda/
You mean like this page, part of an entire section on problems? I especially like the one asking "How many days has your I-Pace been in the shop. Many of the posts use weeks for units.

Hope we don't need a page like this.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach e vs. I-Pace Screenshot 2020-07-24 20.43.13

pbojanoski

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace
Country flag
You mean like this page, part of an entire section on problems? I especially like the one asking "How many days has your I-Pace been in the shop. Many of the posts use weeks for units.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach e vs. I-Pace Screenshot 2020-07-24 20.43.13
While there are obviously I-Pace owners dealing with problems, I think much of it was early on when everyone was learning how to own, operate and maintain the I-Pace, including JLR. There are also many sections of that forum with HIGHLY enthusiastic I-Pace owners that love their ride and love to share their knowledge and experience with their I-Pace.

As a short 8 week owner of the I-Pace, I've certainly been loving my ride. I just haven't driven it near enough yet!

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag

Screenshot 2020-07-24 20.43.13.png
And you really believe you won’t have a page much like this, right here, with a car Ford has never attempted before? If so, I’ve gotten a spanking new bridge I can sell ya! ?

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
And you really believe you won’t have a page much like this, right here, with a car Ford has never attempted before? If so, I’ve gotten a spanking new bridge I can sell ya! ?
People generally don't start threads to tell everyone that the vehicle they purchased works lol so it can always look worse than it is, however first year models always have a bit of risk to them so expect to have plenty of threads detailing issues.

As the mach-e is coming from the same plant that built the fiesta which from the ones I have been in have generally been screwed together well, I am hopefull that the mach-e will only share the mustang name and not the typical mustang build quality or the woeful ncap rating :(
Sponsored