OP

Thor2j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Ford Raptor
Country flag
Update and it's not good.

Took the car out to dinner the other night, 30 minute drive. The screen went off and on at least 20 times. Brought it home and scheduled service. 1 wek is first available. Even though screen has had issues, car always drove fine. Don't have an extra car.

Today , heading to the airport, went out to car. Stone cold dead. Assuming something drained 12v battery that was causing other short with sync. Fordpass app says car is in deep sleep and need to start it manually. Well can't even open the door. Will have to deal with it when I get back.

Had to scramble to find ride to airport and will have to spend $100 uber to get home when I get back in 4 days.

Then about 20 minutes ago I get a ford pass error
Ford Mustang Mach-E Main screen DEAD.......AGAIN!!!!! SOLUTION!! Or NOT Screenshot_20220220-124932_FordPass

Ford, I hope you are watching this. Had my car since Oct 31st and it's had electrical problems nearly the whole time. Extremely disappointed. Should of known better.

OP
OP

Thor2j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Ford Raptor
Country flag
Car completely dead. Jump box won't power up car. Guess I'll be getting roadside assistance tomorrow to tow from garage to dealership.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Update and it's not good.

Took the car out to dinner the other night, 30 minute drive. The screen went off and on at least 20 times. Brought it home and scheduled service. 1 wek is first available. Even though screen has had issues, car always drove fine. Don't have an extra car.

Today , heading to the airport, went out to car. Stone cold dead. Assuming something drained 12v battery that was causing other short with sync. Fordpass app says car is in deep sleep and need to start it manually. Well can't even open the door. Will have to deal with it when I get back.

Had to scramble to find ride to airport and will have to spend $100 uber to get home when I get back in 4 days.

Then about 20 minutes ago I get a ford pass error
Ford Mustang Mach-E Main screen DEAD.......AGAIN!!!!! SOLUTION!! Or NOT Screenshot_20220220-124932_FordPass

Ford, I hope you are watching this. Had my car since Oct 31st and it's had electrical problems nearly the whole time. Extremely disappointed. Should of known better.
Hi there! Can you send us a PM with your VIN and Ford dealership information? I’d be happy to look into this Mach-E concern on my end.

OP
OP

Thor2j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Ford Raptor
Country flag
Dealer said couldn't find anything wrong with it. Then when they went to back it out screen died. Ordered some new module. Said 12v battery was fine. Then about 20 minutes ago fordpass sends an alert that my 12v battery needs to be replaced. Will call dealership tomorrow and tell them.

And then there's ford. Rep reached out to me and got a case number, but of course nobody has called. Typical.
When I get car back and it does it again I will lemon law it and be done with Ford. Almost cost me a lot of money the other day when I almost missed work. I can't afford for that to be over my head everytime I go to the garage.

OP
OP

Thor2j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Ford Raptor
Country flag
Just to update. Module hasn't showed up. Car still in shop. My salesman has been great, able to get me a loaner. Ford on the other hand sucks. Not sure why I expected anything else. They reached out to me and said somebody would contact me but nobody ever has. First time it broke they were on it. Now they don't care. Had the car for about 120 days and it's been without main screen for at least half of it. Will lemon law it if it makes to 30 days total at shop. Don't trust the car at all and can't live with that.

roamtheworld

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
We bought 2022 premium on Sat and drove it little over 250 miles and the screen just went black while my wife was picking up kids a school.
We got it from dealer in Dallas and we live in Austin. Not taking it back to them.
milk Loki a fuse when she returns. Keep us updated on the fixes since I may need the same. This is also our only car.:mad:

roamtheworld

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Thank you forum! Wife got home and I checked the fuse and did the reset and it came back to life. 3 days of ownership and already getting help. If anything changes I’ll update.
Good Luck Thor2j

redMachE22

First Name
Colins
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red Mach E GT
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
We have the GT for two weeks now. The screen went black and came right back twice. What is going on?

I took a chance for the first time and switch to Ford ... The confident is slipping. I was very very surprise to find out they removed the foot swipe tailgate open. That was NOT a good feeling. The wife was looking forward to that feature.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
We have the GT for two weeks now. The screen went black and came right back twice. What is going on?

I took a chance for the first time and switch to Ford ... The confident is slipping. I was very very surprise to find out they removed the foot swipe tailgate open. That was NOT a good feeling. The wife was looking forward to that feature.

if the center screen went black, but 12v is ok and car is drivable, and the instrument screen is still on..... then center screen probably has a bad chip which fails when internal temp of the display is too high.

I had this problem the first time I parked in the sun facing south. I documented the black screen with a picture on my phone, brough into my Dealer, and they started an RMA to remove/replace the faulty center screen.

OP
OP

Thor2j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Ford Raptor
Country flag
Mine started same way. Able to reset with fuse, then progressively got worse. The whole synch 4 module had to be replaced.

Truffle

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER
Country flag
I picked up my 4/4/22 build week on 5/21 , on 5/27 I had my screen go black. After restarting multiple times it came back on but my radio would not work for about 25 minutes. On 6/5 it went black again. This lasted for approximately an hour. I had to drive home without air,radio etc.

My car spent 2 days at the dealer and they said:
“The problem was code UO253 image processing module “A” lost communication with accessory protocol interface module, code set due to high network traffic.”
Sponsored