Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mach-E Select eAWD Star White
Occupation
Indiana Supreme Court - IT
Country flag
I understand this is in reference to a Ford Lightning but I could see where the concept applies to the Mach-E. I haven't jumped on FORscan yet but was curious if anyone else had given this a shot?

*Converting your headlights into the European style Matrix Headlights which dim for passing vehicles.
Sponsored

Last edited:

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Our headlights already dim (Premium). And it is Lightning.

OP
OP
CommittotheIndian

CommittotheIndian

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Well disregard. I may have answered my own question. While I apparently don't have an active FORscan license, I was unable to locate two Modules located in the video.

Here's the reference in the video. I am unable to find modules for HCM or IPMA in MY22' Select. Maybe it will work for someone else.

Code:
Glare-free (matrix) headlights (localized dimming of brights based on surrounding traffic): Successful Lariat ER with 5/5/22 build date. The necessary hardware is available in my Lariat ER trim. The swiveling (dynamic bending) lights continue to work with these settings. Settings were adapted from this F150gen14 ICE forum thread. Also thanks to @FlasherZ and

APIM    7D0-09-01    x1xx    xxxx    xx--
APIM    7D0-09-03    xxCx    xxxx    xx--
IPMA    706-01-01    xxxx    xxx9    xx--
SCCM    724-04-01    xxx4    xxxx    xx--
HCM    734-01-02      xxxx    x2xx    xx-
HCM    734-03-02     xxxx    xxxx    x1--
HCM    734-11-01    0735    89   
IPC    720-01-01      xx8x    xxxx    xx--
IPC    720-10-01      xxxx    xxx3    xx--

OP
OP
CommittotheIndian

CommittotheIndian

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Our headlights already dim (Premium). And it is Lightning.
I'm not talking about dimming the high beams, I'm talking about dimming the driver's side headlight (low beam) so that it does not blind the on coming vehicle.

kisonay

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium AWD ER Mustang Mach-E Scheduled 10/3
Country flag
I'm not talking about dimming the high beams, I'm talking about dimming the driver's side headlight (low beam) so that it does not blind the on coming vehicle.
My 22 Premium actively monitors traffic and will change the headlight pattern to avoid cars (both high and low beams) It's pretty amazing to watch. (either that or I am loosing my mind)

Last edited:

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
My 22 Premium actively monitors traffic and will change the headlight pattern to avoid cars (both high and low beams) It's pretty amazing to watch. (either that or I am loosing my mind)
Mine do the same !
Thatā€˜s just automatic high beams. Heā€™s talking about matrix headlights. Iā€™m not sure MMEs in North America have the matrix hardware.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
US cars do not have the EU style headlamps as they were illegal at the time of car design. In any event, the selects donā€™t even have the same headlamps as the premiums. Plus, none of the US destined car headlamps will behave in a manner consistent with the EU matrix headlamps.

Further, when we actually start getting matrix LED headlamps, they still wonā€™t be the same as the US maximum lumens rules set in the 1960s have not changed.

Last edited:

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I understand this is in reference to a Ford Lightning but I could see where the concept applies to the Mach-E. I haven't jumped on FORscan yet but was curious if anyone else had given this a shot
I was looking in to doing this last week but didnā€™t get around to it. Iā€™ve got some time today and will check it out. I live in an area where Iā€™m on very dark country roads all the time and there are no street lights. Having the auto dimming headlights are great but having Fordā€™s Glare-Free Highbeams would be even better. The high beams always stay on but the pattern is dimmed only where there is a car in front of you or oncoming cars. That would be great for around here.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Well disregard. I may have answered my own question. While I apparently don't have an active FORscan license, I was unable to locate two Modules located in the video.

Here's the reference in the video. I am unable to find modules for HCM or IPMA in MY22' Select. Maybe it will work for someone else.

Code:
Glare-free (matrix) headlights (localized dimming of brights based on surrounding traffic): Successful Lariat ER with 5/5/22 build date. The necessary hardware is available in my Lariat ER trim. The swiveling (dynamic bending) lights continue to work with these settings. Settings were adapted from this F150gen14 ICE forum thread. Also thanks to @FlasherZ and

APIM    7D0-09-01    x1xx    xxxx    xx--
APIM    7D0-09-03    xxCx    xxxx    xx--
IPMA    706-01-01    xxxx    xxx9    xx--
SCCM    724-04-01    xxx4    xxxx    xx--
HCM    734-01-02      xxxx    x2xx    xx-
HCM    734-03-02     xxxx    xxxx    x1--
HCM    734-11-01    0735    89  
IPC    720-01-01      xx8x    xxxx    xx--
IPC    720-10-01      xxxx    xxx3    xx--
What OBD adapter are you using? How many modules show up? You can also get a free FORScan trial. Your selects headlights this will not work with (nor any US mach E).

joes723

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 GTPE IBSM "LITHEUM"
Country flag
DOT and NHTSA just amended the automotive lighting regulations this past 02/2022 to allow for adaptive/"matrix" headlights. So, it'll be at least a few model years before these become more ubiquitous across the US.

IMO, I think that DOT and NHTSA should have focused more on ADAS/Autonomous driving tech and regulations. Over 90% of auto collisions occur due to human error. As much as I love driving, I am usually more concerned about everyone else on the road not paying attention to what they're doing, and not whether my headlights/their headlights are too blinding.

MachEr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
NA Mach E HCM's don't even have the DIDs available to change for this mod

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
In the OP's video I noticed a potential SCCM-related solution to increasing the lane-change blinks... with a different hex code than on the older generation Ford ForScan hack. I'll try it today.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
DOT and NHTSA just amended the automotive lighting regulations this past 02/2022 to allow for adaptive/"matrix" headlights. So, it'll be at least a few model years before these become more ubiquitous across the US.

IMO, I think that DOT and NHTSA should have focused more on ADAS/Autonomous driving tech and regulations. Over 90% of auto collisions occur due to human error. As much as I love driving, I am usually more concerned about everyone else on the road not paying attention to what they're doing, and not whether my headlights/their headlights are too blinding.
But a good amount of manufacturers actually use the same headlight just disable the matrix amazingness in the US. Wish Ford was one of them!

OP
OP
CommittotheIndian

CommittotheIndian

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Plus, none of the US destined car headlamps will behave in a manner consistent with the EU matrix headlamps.
Well thatā€™s clearly not true since the Ford Lighting is a US destined vehicle and with changes in the module, act consistent with the EU matrix headlamps. Which is the whole point of this thread.
Sponsored