Andeh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1926 Chrysler 60, 1929 Austin 7, 1965 Ford Anglia
Country flag
Yes you did define Americans and I may suggest internet noise comes out of all countries. Welcome to online.

You can learn a lot on forums but yes you need to filter out the background noise. That is only going to get more and more over time I think based on current progress. In the 90's there were only geeks and the tech talk was good but now they got phones ;) CD\. You have phones there right? ?. They even have a name for the BS background noise now it is called disinformation. Getting tough to filter. Get that second cup. ?
You're quite right, and at the risk of adding more irrelevance to the thread, I agree entirely. I'm relatively young compared to most here, but have been using forums for a long time now, and even though the medium is dying off thanks to social media, the quality of the postings is also going down.

We need a snobby forum for people like me. ??
Sponsored

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Does anyone know if the WLTP figures assume one pedal driving is enabled, as that would certainly bump up the urban driving part of this metric?
Shouldn't matter. The brake pedal uses regen first for slowing down, just like 1PD does. Only if the brake pedal is pressed hard are the friction brakes supposed to kick in. For normal braking, it should be using 100% regen (until below roughly 3 MPH where regen ends).

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Not true. Polestar 2, EV6, Ionic 5 and Mach E all claiming similar figures in their ads on TV and on sites.

Issue is that the headline figures are not achievable. They are almost lab scenario conditions.

Just calling them out, that's all.
That’s a testing methodology issue, not an advertising issue. Especially if it’s not just one particular company having the issue.

Here in the United States, it is common for estimated miles per gallon to be significantly lower in practice than the EPA (our regulating agency) estimates due to the way they conduct these tests. My Mach-E is the first vehicle I’ve had that even comes close to its advertised efficiency, let alone beats it, which I do regularly. I am getting an observed 290-300 miles out of a 90% charge.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
Actually, I have been doing a LOT better than the published, “official” range. I have a Preimium with SR battery and AWD. Over the last few months, range has actually gone up considerably. It’s not uncommon for me to get 195 miles at 80% SOC (about 245 at 100%). This is WAY better than I had expected.

Once cold weather sets in again (I live in Michigan) the range will come back down to earth. But for now, I’m really enjoying the ability to go almost whether I want without stopping to recharge.
How much reduction did you see in the cold (in NY and wondering how bad it will be - estimating 40% reduction right now.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You're quite right, and at the risk of adding more irrelevance to the thread, I agree entirely. I'm relatively young compared to most here, but have been using forums for a long time now, and even though the medium is dying off thanks to social media, the quality of the postings is also going down.

We need a snobby forum for people like me. ??
When you become too smart to listen to others you become dumb. I was taught most of what I know now by others. I get your frustrations we all deal with it. There is a lot of noise on a lot of forums now (like me this morning way OT). Thinking there may be a better way of classifying the noise makers as stereotyping seldom works. Russia, China and Iran must make some noise? Maybe impersonating another country even. That I do not see changing for awhile but I am sure you can go down a rabbit hole and find the forum you seek. Don't drink that tea.

Case in point of not noise; look at the posts after yours. Darn Americans. Thinking all those boys from Colorado are dimwits. ;) Joke!

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
How much reduction did you see in the cold (in NY and wondering how bad it will be - estimating 40% reduction right now.
My guess here page 11 and have not looked too much at it since last spring. I think 15% accessories is too much at 68F but that is not the numbers that interested me. @dbsb3233 has some good info above that. Lots of variable and everyone will have a different out come. Even the fact that not every pack was created equal comes into play. Some may OC better than others. If you drive fast or slow also will have an impact. What we do know is it may be below EPA and that is below WLTP. 270 to 335 miles is what I understand they are from this thread.

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e first edition
Country flag
Worse. I've done 2000 miles in it. Yesterday got 253 miles as calculated range, even though I was driving like Miss Daisy (wife on board).

Not happy with this car, at all. Won't be an early adopter again. Dealer network, Mach E Support team, Ford Complaint dept all have no clue about this car.
It is totally down to how you drive. I did a long trip as an experiment. It was 17°C, I turned the A/C and music off and set the cruise to 64mph. Got 325 miles and range is supposed to be 335 miles. I may have paid the price for a few mad cap accelerations but hey, it's hard not too!! A few days later the estimate was 340 miles as I had been pooling around locally.
Drive like a teenager and I get 275 miles as an estimate and a heavy risk of a speeding fine. ?
Surely people can see that it is just the same as a petrol/diesel engine?

IMG_20210907_125837.jpg

Blackbluff

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hope not and hoping 270 translates to 435 ;). I know the middle finger is the metric equivalent to the pointer but hoping it is not that bad. epa is 435 KM.
Oops! Just off 100 Kilometers. Not too bad for an old man.

Trede

First Name
Trede
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
You all really need to stop charging to 100% all the time if you want to maintain battery life/health...it's in the manual and it's common knowledge at this point about Lithium batteries...just do 5 minutes of reading on the internet and/or RTFM.

In other news, crossed 5100 miles on the odometer. My average is over 4mi/kwh, and I drive it like I stole it.

Screenshot_20210907-065056_FordPass.jpg

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Mixed in with "Internet background radiation." We all experience it, on nearly every post now. ?
Internet background noise (IBN, also known as Internet background radiation). Never believe a Wikipedia site ?

You can hide from all that splitting maple in the bush. Trees block all that out. No tinfoil required.

Noting a bit better range over the last few weeks you think they tweaked something or maybe just cooler? Good run today. Still love driving this vehicle.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Internet background noise (IBN, also known as Internet background radiation). Never believe a Wikipedia site ?

You can hide from all that splitting maple in the bush. Trees block all that out. No tinfoil required.

Noting a bit better range over the last few weeks you think they tweaked something or maybe just cooler? Good run today. Still love driving this vehicle.
I haven't noticed. I largely ignore the GOM though.

It's still very hot here but once it cools down (late October), our range should improve a bit. No need for cooling the cabin, etc.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I haven't noticed. I largely ignore the GOM though.

It's still very hot here but once it cools down (late October), our range should improve a bit. No need for cooling the cabin, etc.
Not watching the GOM but consumption maybe just driving habits. ?‍♂ All good. 69F here today
Sponsored