Country flag
Hmmmm,

If GM can bring it to market without:
  • A leaky windshield
  • No problems with the 12v battery going dead
  • A mobile app the works, consistently
  • A major recall on overheating contactors
  • And a place to hook up and tow/pull from the rear
they just may have a winner here. Time will tell.

PS: Sometimes is sucks to be first to the market. You don't get the advantage of learning from others mistakes.
You forgot one:
  • Glitchy software
I have a GM EV and the MME, in my personal experience GM is much better at software.
Sponsored

Auto Motive

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mustang mach e GT performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You do realize the GT weighs 5000 lbs with 480 hp and a smaller 88 kWh battery and gets 270 miles, right?
We own a GTPE and got 291 miles with a avg 286 during spring summer. 220 miles in winter. We do local runs 45 mph get 3.5kw vs highway at 65 mph 3.0kw.
Weather 78 deg a.c. at 68. EPA is 260 but it's real world mileage that counts. We will see what real mileage on the awd caddy soon.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
Made a reservation for one but not to replace the MME. I'm afraid that my second car will one day be too old to fix and i dont want to scrounge last minute to get an EV.

jason330i

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium RWD
Country flag
Not sure if this was posted earlier but some pretty good info from TFL.

Sounds like 3 battery sizes for the blazer: small, medium, large.

Small for the 1LT FWD.
Medium for the 2LT FWD, AWD.
Medium for the RS FWD, AWD.
Large for the RS RWD.
Large for the SS AWD.

If true, kinda disappointed can’t get the RS with AWD and large battery.

Also, hope the bigger motor is in the back for the AWD 2LT, RS.

Last edited:

LincolnLuvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
currently car-less, but hope to get a MME!
Country flag
You forgot one:
  • Glitchy software
I have a GM EV and the MME, in my personal experience GM is much better at software.
That's very interesting! Never thought GM would have better software.

2023 can't get here soon enough! According to Edmunds, one of the infotainment displays has 8K resolution. Forrest's Auto Reviews sits inside the RS trim, which is confirmed to have a HUD. Hope the RS will offer seating color combinations other than black leather with red piping.

Last edited:

Socalsp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, Mach E
Country flag
24mpg? -- that's what my wife gets in the city. There is no difficulty getting over 29mpg on highway.
Full size SUVs are not the largest monsters, it's cars like Highlander, Pilot, Explorer. But even compact SUVs are bigger than MME. Most BEVs are just oversized sedans.
If you want to compare worst case EV to best case ice suv. Here is best case EV to best case ice.
My rx350 was getting 19mpg maybe 23 mpg on the highway. I charge my Ioniq 5 for free at EA. My 800 mile trip was free. Would've cost me $250 in gas.

And my Ioniq 5 has a much larger interior than all equal sized ice suv.

Last edited:

kikibop

First Name
kiki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mustang Mach-E E4x Space White / '15 Prius
Occupation
Product Design
Country flag
I happen to really like the package that GM has put together. There are qualities of the Blazer that are more- or less-appealing to me than the Mach-E. Clearly it has a more wagon-like presence than the MME which nailed it's swoopy, sporty and clean design. But it is still cool-looking and has great proportions. However, this video makes me hate GM marketing. These type of over-produced, pseudo-conversations are so cringe. Spare me.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I happen to really like the package that GM has put together. There are qualities of the Blazer that are more- or less-appealing to me than the Mach-E. Clearly it has a more wagon-like presence than the MME which nailed it's swoopy, sporty and clean design. But it is still cool-looking and has great proportions. However, this video makes me hate GM marketing. These type of over-produced, pseudo-conversations are so cringe. Spare me.
Over-produced?

No way!

Did you miss the part where they highlighted the “Two-row layout??”

AMAZING!!

screenshot:
Ford Mustang Mach-E MME vs Chevy Blazer EV 1FCAD90B-2538-4C44-8836-73033C8861EB

csowders

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTPE
Occupation
Chief Operations Officer
Country flag
Congratulations GM, welcome to 2020!

Typical General Motors, two steps behind the industry. Let's copy the Mach-E right down to the backlit emblem in the grill. LOL

Jim Glass

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2019 Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I compared the standard issues of the comparable priced Cadillac Lyric with the MME and Ford wins as it will over the Chevy. Read closely. The Chevy is FWD unless you pay extra, not RWD or AWD. The range numbers are “up to…” and not EPA determined. Understand that Ford built too good of an EV. Today Ford says it’s losing $$$ on the MME. Chip shortages have led to de-contenting the MME. Thankfully, my early adoption got me a First Edition with every option some of which are not available in even a GTP! This GM Chevy is a marketing scheme that means you’ll see one in maybe 1.5-2 years.

bristol16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE, '15 SS
Country flag

Typical General Motors, two steps behind the industry. Let's copy the Mach-E right down to the backlit emblem in the grill. LOL
Um....the Mustang wasn't exactly the first vehicle with a backlit emblem on the front, nor did they beat GM to the EV game with it. The competition will hopefully be good for the Mach E down the road. The more the Blazer can match or improve on things that people like and don't like about the Mach E will hopefully push Ford to continue to evolve it and it will also get better (and of course the Blazer will likely do some things worse than the Mustang...that's how it works). The competition is good for everyone, and having options is never a bad thing. It will be nice to have something closer in specs to the Mach E. The ID.4 and Bolt EUV don't have the specs I want, neither do the Kia/Hyundai twins (not to mention the Ioniq 5 is absolutely grotesque to look at in person...I literally could not live with myself if I had to walk out and see that in my garage every day). There isn't anything else on the market I really considered when I was shopping EVs, so it will be nice to have some decent competition for the Mach E and provide some options.

MisterSofa

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Toyota Corolla, 2022 Ford MachE Premium AWD
Country flag

Did you ever hear of the Volt?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Hmmmm,

If GM can bring it to market without:
  • A leaky windshield
<SNIP>
As a long time owner of a ‘72 Blazer, it’s #NoTaBlAzEr if it doesn’t leak. 🤪🐩

Last edited:

MisterSofa

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Toyota Corolla, 2022 Ford MachE Premium AWD
Country flag
Do you mean Bolt? Volt was a hybrid.

But either way, the bolt and the Mach E aren’t copies of each other.

The Blazer however……
Do you mean Bolt? Volt was a hybrid.

But either way, the bolt and the Mach E aren’t copies of each other.

The Blazer however……
corrected. My point was that GM has a lot of prior experience with Ev's than Ford has had in the past. Waiting since January for a vin # for my MachE. Maybe a 2023?
Sponsored