mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I definitely do this. I was passing another MME and slowed down to wave at her. She looked alarmed and then I gave her a thumbs up and I think she then realized why I was behaving like an idiot because she smiled and waved back.
Sponsored

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
I wave to ICE mustangs also!

Sometimes I get a one finger wave back since “it’s not a Mustang” but whatever
If you simply give them the finger first, then when it's returned it's like you're still acknowledging each other as if it were a traditional wave. Problem solved.

dmastro

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD (ordered), 2018 Tesla M3
Country flag
Yeah, I think it's a new car model thing. When Teslas were brand new a bunch of drivers were doing the wave thing too, and the forums were proliferated with "should we come up with a lightning bolt wave?" posts.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
The other day, we were driving and a Mach-E pulled onto the road. I pulled alongside, and tooted, then hit the pedal a bit. They did not react at all.

There is a name for people like that.

original.gif

Tangible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting for my Mach E
Country flag
Quantum theory tells us that waves and particles are equivalent. In recognition of the MME’s modern technology, we should consider hurling small particles at fellow drivers rather than waving to them. Keep a bag of marbles on the seat next to you for this purpose.

I asked my friend Heisenberg if this would be a good idea. He was uncertain.

TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Ford Flex. 2022 MME premium RWD ER o 1/26/22
Occupation
RN
Country flag
Can't say that I ever look at drivers of other cars. It's a thing?
I’m the same, mainly because I have a short attention span if I don’t find something interesting. Other drivers don’t interest me unless they are doing something that affects me. 🤷🏾‍♀️

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
There's a thing called "situational awareness". Read a few spy novels, or train in law enforcement or as a firefighter. Most people don't constantly assess what's around them - including drivers of other vehicles and what they're doing, or not doing. It's just a thing. Many also are in their own orbit.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I think it really depends on if people are having problems with their vehicle or not. I tried to wave at a guy next to us in Tampa traffic in a Black MME a few weeks ago and he basically covered his face, lol. I think he may not like the camaraderie.

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Country flag
Saw a Grabber Blue MME approaching in oncoming lane, flashed my headlights twice. This is how I wave at other Mach Es. I also only drive with headlights switched “On” to light up the tribars in the back. I never understood why daytime auto lights don’t illuminate the rear for safety.

River Rat

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mustang Mach Ex Iced Bue, 23 Lightning Ext SW
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
There's a thing called "situational awareness". Read a few spy novels, or train in law enforcement or as a firefighter. Most people don't constantly assess what's around them - including drivers of other vehicles and what they're doing, or not doing. It's just a thing. Many also are in their own orbit.
Which is why insurance rates are high

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
I’m just so used to waving to other Corvette drivers when driving the Corvette and waving to other bikers when on the motorcycle that it was just instinctive to wave today as another MME was coming the other way out in the county. To my surprise it was responded to with a thumbs up from the other driver. Am I crazy, or is this a thing as well with the MME?
All the time!

River Rat

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mustang Mach Ex Iced Bue, 23 Lightning Ext SW
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Got nose to nose at a light today with a Grey Matter, waved no response. Oh well my first head to head encounter in the wild, 214km and counting. Love it.

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
I just honk. I figure the loud deep horn could be heard through the sound proofed windows.
Sponsored