Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Heading home after the software update for the recall, I stopped off at the grocery store for a few items. I parked as I normally do, as far away from the entrance as possible and not near other cars. There was a PG&E truck a couple of spaces over but nothing else. I popped the frunk and threw my groceries in and went home after I finished shopping. When I got home and went to plug the car in I found these gouges in my front bumper. 😕🤬🐩

Ford Mustang Mach-E My Car Got Customized 😕 80991D7A-15AB-442A-AED1-6076D26D50E8
Ford Mustang Mach-E My Car Got Customized 😕 9497FE04-0733-4CDD-B0C3-6A3C4159CBFF

Bummer. Just venting. Gr-rrr! 🤬🐩

frontrunner

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Premium AWD
Country flag
People are just jerks. They bump your car, and because they have a junk car, they don't respect yours, and they just shrug their selfish shoulders and drive away.

That's one of the things I love about Tesla's and wish the Mach E's had: The Sentry camera system.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
People are just jerks. They bump your car, and because they have a junk car, they don't respect yours, and they just shrug their selfish shoulders and drive away.

That's one of the things I love about Tesla's and wish the Mach E's had: The Sentry camera system.
What good does it do? Our police department would laugh me out of the building if I went to them with a video of “it’s not even a fender bender”.

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
:mad: So sorry that happened.

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
That does suck. I second that sentry mode would be great. I installed front and rear cameras, so I hope that something like this would get captured. Getting the police to help you is probably not realistic so tracking them down is the hard part. Not sure if insurance companies help out too. I think the time spent finding the person is more expensive than just paying the claim. It is like credit card companies. They just write off the theft and do not really go after the small-time thieves.

At least they did not leave the old fake note on the windscreen, which is more insulting. With the internet, you hear about people hitting cars, people are watching them, and they go over and write a fake note, instead of a real note (e.g. I hit your car and here is my information).

OP
OP
HuntingPudel

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
My co-worker urged me to call my insurance company. I did that and got the ball rolling on a claim. I don’t really want to be without my car. I mean, geeze, I just got the recall software done. 🤪🐩 I also am not looking forward to putting gas in the Blazer. 😱🐩 LOL. 🤣🐩

frontrunner

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What good does it do? Our police department would laugh me out of the building if I went to them with a video of “it’s not even a fender bender”.
Sounds like you need to move somewhere with a better police department. Where I'm from if you had the registration plate and video evidence it would be enough for them to sign motor vehicle complaints. That's exactly what happened with me when another car of mine got hit in a parking lot.

Regardless, you still reserve the right to sign your own complaints at your local court for the motor vehicle offenses of whatever your hit and run statutes are, as well as failure to report a crash.

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
Sounds like you need to move somewhere with a better police department. Where I'm from if you had the registration plate and video evidence it would be enough for them to sign motor vehicle complaints. That's exactly what happened with me when another car of mine got hit in a parking lot.

Regardless, you still reserve the right to sign your own complaints at your local court for the motor vehicle offenses of whatever your hit and run statutes are, as well as failure to report a crash.
Unless you got a video of the person driving it’s pretty much worthless here. Only thing would be to give the plate to your insurance and they’ll decide whether they pursue it for reimbursement.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag

You REALLY want to interrupt Wawa coffee runs with bumper scratches? 😱

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
My co-worker urged me to call my insurance company. I did that and got the ball rolling on a claim. I don’t really want to be without my car. I mean, geeze, I just got the recall software done. 🤪🐩 I also am not looking forward to putting gas in the Blazer. 😱🐩 LOL. 🤣🐩

oooohhhhh, that sucks.

Just to ballpark it for you.... anything that can't be buffed out will cost you $1500-$2000 at a good body shop since they will want to pull the bumper off and paint the whole thing.

or, you can do a 'decent' job yourself leaving bumper on the car and DIY with a spray kit from touchupdirect.com and a couple hours of sanding, prep, prime, color, clear.....

I was very happy with color match, but should have spent more time sanding down to eliminate deep scratches before priming.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/diy-touch-up-for-bad-scratches-100-versus-1800.16977/

frontrunner

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Unless you got a video of the person driving it’s pretty much worthless here. Only thing would be to give the plate to your insurance and they’ll decide whether they pursue it for reimbursement.
I agree. That was the whole point of my original post of why I respect Tesla's Sentry cameras so much.

OP
OP
HuntingPudel

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
oooohhhhh, that sucks.

Just to ballpark it for you.... anything that can't be buffed out will cost you $1500-$2000 at a good body shop since they will want to pull the bumper off and paint the whole thing.

or, you can do a 'decent' job yourself leaving bumper on the car and DIY with a spray kit from touchupdirect.com and a couple hours of sanding, prep, prime, color, clear.....

I was very happy with color match, but should have spent more time sanding down to eliminate deep scratches before priming.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/diy-touch-up-for-bad-scratches-100-versus-1800.16977/
Yeah, I was thinking of your post. The problem is that TUD has “Grabber Blue” and not “Grabber Blue Metallic.” I have a set of bottles (color and clear) from them for my little rock chips and it works fine since they’re small pinpoints, but it has no metal flake in it. That might look a little weird, the metal flake just disappearing on the left side of the bumper. 🤷‍♂️🐩

All Hat No Cattle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Genesis GV-80 , 2017 Edge Titanium
Country flag
I agree. That was the whole point of my original post of why I respect Tesla's Sentry cameras so much.
If nothing else, having video evidence that you did not do the damage would make it difficult for the insurance company to make it your fault.

And that would affect your premium in your favor.
Sponsored