Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E
Occupation
IT
Country flag
My Premium EAWD went 13.6@102 BUT horrible 1.2 60' which is part of the programming. I watched a video of 4 wheel spin on the Mach E GT so hopefully you can get a lot more power to the ground right off the bat. I'm looking forward to what you do though, mine is on order and I plan to have lots of fun with it. :)
Sponsored

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
The seats looks awful.
What was Ford thinking while they designed the seats?
Was the responsible person at the dentist when he/she got the idea? :D
The seats are designed for competition. Side bolsters are large, to hold you in around corners. Shoulder bolsters are large for the same reason, but not large enough IMO. These GTPE's are designed for the track, NOT for driving to the grocery store. Try doing a track day or an autocross, and you'll appreciate the design. Doing these activities in a "normal" or "non-dentist" chair will have you holding onto the steering wheel with a death grip, frantically trying not to slam your head into the side window, while your butt slides around as the corner direction changes.

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
The seats are designed for competition. Side bolsters are large, to hold you in around corners. Shoulder bolsters are large for the same reason, but not large enough IMO. These GTPE's are designed for the track, NOT for driving to the grocery store. Try doing a track day or an autocross, and you'll appreciate the design. Doing these activities in a "normal" or "non-dentist" chair will have you holding onto the steering wheel with a death grip, frantically trying not to slam your head into the side window, while your butt slides around as the corner direction changes.
To me though it's seems like why didn't they use nice recaro seats if it's meant for competition. The mustangs have had nice recaros as options forever And to be fair it would look better.

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Country flag
To me though it's seems like why didn't they use nice recaro seats if it's meant for competition. The mustangs have had nice recaros as options forever And to be fair it would look better.
I would bet that Ford couldn't get Recaros with the air bags (or maybe lumbar adjust) they needed.

Thor2j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Ford Raptor
Country flag
Sorry, this car is NOT designed for competition.

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Country flag
Sorry, this car is NOT designed for competition.
Sorry, you're completely, totally WRONG. ALL cars can compete in SCCA autocross...they have close to 50 classes. Cars compete against cars with similar hp and size. I've watched a Cadillac El Dorado have a ball on the course. I've seen the national champ in his class get the 2nd-fastest time of the day overall with a Chevy S-10 pickup truck (heavily modified).

What, specifically, is missing on the Mach-E GTPE???? Weight is a hindrance, but the center-of-gravity is so low that weight is less of a problem. Range is not a problem, if you avoid endurance races. Obviously, the GTPE's 480 hp and MASSIVE, INSTANT 634 lb/ft of torque is a huge racing advantage.

In SCCA autocross, most EVs are classed as SS (Super Stock)...the class for the very fastest stock cars (cars like ZO6 Corvettes, Mustang GT350Rs, etc.). What does the SCCA know that you don't?

The hp, torque, Brembos, irs, competition seats and low CG make the Mach-E very much a competition car.

Rudy Bega

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Nautilus, 21’ Rapid Red GTPE as of 2/14/22
Country flag
Sorry, you're completely, totally WRONG. ALL cars can compete in SCCA autocross...they have close to 50 classes. Cars compete against cars with similar hp and size. I've watched a Cadillac El Dorado have a ball on the course. I've seen the national champ in his class get the 2nd-fastest time of the day overall with a Chevy S-10 pickup truck (heavily modified).

What, specifically, is missing on the Mach-E GTPE???? Weight is a hindrance, but the center-of-gravity is so low that weight is less of a problem. Range is not a problem, if you avoid endurance races. Obviously, the GTPE's 480 hp and MASSIVE, INSTANT 634 lb/ft of torque is a huge racing advantage.

In SCCA autocross, most EVs are classed as SS (Super Stock)...the class for the very fastest stock cars (cars like ZO6 Corvettes, Mustang GT350Rs, etc.). What does the SCCA know that you don't?

The hp, torque, Brembos, irs, competition seats and low CG make the Mach-E very much a competition car.
I ordered a Rapid Red GTPE, can’t wait, wanted to top of the line with Magneride, like the wheels much better than the aero daisies, interior and seats are cool. The early pics confirm it ??

Mikey Mach E

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition
Occupation
Real estate investor
Country flag
Dang, I really really love RR. Not sure if I should change back to that from GB! Ugh, decisions decisions
If you want tons of looks all the time then go with the Rapid Red. Also, you might get asked many questions as well. ‘What kind of car is that?’ ‘is it really all electric?’ What ford color is it? How many miles does it get? Are they really available at the dealers?
Be prepared for fingerprints all over the windows too. Sure wish Ford had sentry mode like Tesla to record any movement around the car…

And yes, I love my MME FE RR.

OP
OP
0t60-3.5

0t60-3.5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT PE, + ME Select AWD, '21 Explorer ST
Occupation
Tech Company Owner / CEO
Country flag
@0t60-3.5 So does the front pony light have a separate option to turn on and off from other lights?
No options to turn on/off that I can see. But check this out! I'm working on video too...
Ford Mustang Mach-E My Mach-E GT Performance Edition DELIVERY! (Exterior, Interior, Wheels, Tires Pics Added) 2021-08-31 MachE Pony Lit Up Cropped