billy_at

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
this ceramic soap will do wonders. use this before deciding on a ceramic coating. it's that good at getting the water to bead and keeps your side windows clear.
Oooh this looks very nice. Thanks for the suggestion - I'll give this a try.
Sponsored

OP
OP
billy_at

billy_at

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
I picked up a California Super Duster at my friend's recommendation. It works really well! Definitely cuts down on the number of full washes needed and should make a big difference with your black paint.
This looks really helpful too. Is there a good way to clean it to make sure it doesn't drag dirt and dust along the clearcoat?

Olds442

First Name
Olds
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GT, '22 Premium Ex AWD
Occupation
sales
Country flag
best $11 i spent in 2020.

and i have a half a bottle left.

Last edited:

Clicker

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I don't have a black MME but a couple of coats of ceramic polish, a garage and a daily use of a California Car Duster and my rapid red stays dazzling!

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
This looks really helpful too. Is there a good way to clean it to make sure it doesn't drag dirt and dust along the clearcoat?
In short, no. If you are picky, and don’t want fine scratches in your clear, you’ll never rub a dusty car with anything. Especially a dirty/dusty black car. The ceramic products will allow you to spray off the dirt/dust without even using a wash mitt.

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
this ceramic soap will do wonders. use this before deciding on a ceramic coating. it's that good at getting the water to bead and keeps your side windows clear.
I'm not a fan of Aromor products in general, but I might try this out and see how it works. I'm planning on washing my cars tomorrow and it looks like my local Auto Zone sells it so I'll give it a go.

MachEnation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black Bottom Barrel Base
Country flag
Love this thread -- had a black car before but SOMETHING about this black makes it look FILTHY after 24 hours. My last black car just seemed more "dull" I guess so it hid it better. Don't get me wrong, this is a great--but deep--black. I've parked next to other "black" cars that look gray in comparison. If I ever get another one, I'm going for silver--lowest maintenance color I ever had on a car.

Pibbman

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
one thing that i use, and i do highly recommend it to everyone regardless of whether your car is coated, is this specific car wash solution.

i watched this video and was eager to try it.

ceramic coatings are great, and i do recommend doing them to keep a car clean(er). but i took my old FX and washed it with this and it renewed a bead finish some 11 years later.

i do not work for, and am in no way affiliated with armor all companies in any way, shape, or form. but i do think this soap is great. it's $11 at wally world, try it.
I also got a shadow black like OP. I got this at the store this morning and just finished washing the car. Looking forward to seeing how it does!

pt19713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just note, most ceramic and SiO² coatings increase static and attract dust, although when it rains, most of it will flow off making the car fairly clean again (accept the rear bumper).

If the car is only slightly dirty, try using a rinseless wash since it'll be faster than a traditional wash. I recommend Wolfgang Uber Rinseless or Optimum No Rinse.

Chainspell

First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium 4X, '23 GTPE
Country flag
The duster is covered in a wax that absorbs particulates. If you use it for just dusting (lightly dragging, not scrubbing) you won’t cause any scratches. I use mine daily and don’t have any scratches.

It might just be marketing material but they claim it actually works better the dirtier it is (with dust - not rocks and stuff!)

woody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Chevy Bolt
Country flag
Been using California car duster(CCD) for many years on various clear coated cars. Works great, never a scratch. It will eventually wear down/loose wax. I then purchase another one. I have a new one for my MME.
Colorado is a dry climate which lends itself to regular CCD usage.
I was apprehensive about clear coat when it first became the normal paint years ago. Consequently approached it cautiously with inexpensive clear bras (now called PPF and expensive) first.
My MME is my first venture with ceramic coating. It is being applied as I write.
I expect thereafter to use the CCD and water to keep it clean. Trust that to do the trick.

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Works great, never a scratch
People will have a different definition of scratch. I can pretty much guarantee a dust mop with debris on it is going to add micro scratches. So long as you are moving in one direction the scratches will be pretty hard to see and more than likely not noticeable. However, it will still be doing a little damage to your paint.

If your car has any type of debris on it, dirt, dust, poop, whatever if you touch your car without a lubricate its going to scratch. Its not going to look like someone ran a key down your car, but its still would be leaving scratches.
Sponsored