Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
For anyone who has issues getting ABRP to recognize the dongle you might have to pair it first. At least in my version of the app (Android) it would appear that the the app isn't calling bluetoothDevice.createBond(). Any supported BLE dongle should work so long as it's previously paired to the phone. Unless they are specifically calling LEScan then regular BT devices may work as well. Once the phone and the device have a bond the ABRP app can then take advantage of that. So for anyone who is struggling with the connection portion, pair the dongle first using the BT pairing on the phone.

Screenshot_20211223-153244.png
Does this screen only show up during the setup and pairing?

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag

Ragingmain

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Ok, so I followed the instructions. got some live data. All was well for about 5 mins.
Some weird things though. When connecting in the app, Android VLink never showed up, only the IOS VLink. I have an Andriod device. In the BT connection screen, it shows Android as the connected device and the IOS at the bottom not connected. See attached pics.
After the success screen, when I go back the live data does not show up. It only showed up on the initial attempt. None of the subsequent attempts were successful.

Of course, I tried stopping and starting the App, turning BT off and On. Unplugging and replugging Dongle.

Any thoughts on how to fix this would be great.

Also, is this supposed to auto-connect if I walk away and come back? It would seem so.

I also updated the Dongle Firmware to the highest number. Maybe I need to roll back?

TIA for any help.
Cheers

Screenshot_20220106-204200_ABRP.jpg

Screenshot_20220106-204220_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20220106-205255_ABRP.jpg

Screenshot_20220106-205301_ABRP.jpg

Screenshot_20220106-205318_ABRP.jpg

Screenshot_20220106-205639_Settings.jpg

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Looks like you're using PaaK. That completely breaks this for me. If I force close the fordpass app, it works fine.

Ragingmain

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Looks like you're using PaaK. That completely breaks this for me. If I force close the fordpass app, it works fine.
I will force stop PAAK and try again. You can see i removed the MME all together from the BT phone and turned it off inside the car too.

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I will force stop PAAK and try again. You can see i removed the MME all together from the BT phone and turned it off inside the car too.
You don't have to remove it. It just seems to be an issue when the FordPass is active and listening for the car on bluetooth. That seems to keep ABRP from being able to connect to the dongle.

Ragingmain

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
You don't have to remove it. It just seems to be an issue when the FordPass is active and listening for the car on bluetooth. That seems to keep ABRP from being able to connect to the dongle.
Forced stopped PAAK and all is well.
Thanks a million billion trillion

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Forced stopped PAAK and all is well.
Thanks a million billion trillion
No problem! Glad that solved it for you as well!

Just need to figure out what it is about fordpass that seems to affect other devices.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Does capturing live data while just driving around town offer any benefit? I know without premium it doesn't save the data for you to see, but does it capture that history to "train" ABRP for planning future trips?

Or is it really only beneficial to have it running when your going on a long trip?

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Does capturing live data while just driving around town offer any benefit? I know without premium it doesn't save the data for you to see, but does it capture that history to "train" ABRP for planning future trips?

Or is it really only beneficial to have it running when your going on a long trip?
It helps calculate your own personal consumption data and applies that to your cars profile.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It helps calculate your own personal consumption data and applies that to your cars profile.
OK. Does it update in real time? It shows connected to my reader and updated the data the first few minutes of my drive home, but then stopped. I suppose that could be a FordPass PaaK running problem?

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Once ABRP is connected it updates in realtime. PaaK can definitely cause issues if it tries to connect while it's running. When I wanted to use the ABRP connection I'll force stop the fordpass app so paak will stop trying to connect.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Once ABRP is connected it updates in realtime. PaaK can definitely cause issues if it tries to connect while it's running. When I wanted to use the ABRP connection I'll force stop the fordpass app so paak will stop trying to connect.
As long as you don't have more than 5 BT devices connected at once you shouldn't have issues with PaaK causing interference. If you do go into developer options and increase the number of connections.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have so many things connected to Bluetooth while I'm driving (7 including odbii), it's amazing it works at all. Lol
Sponsored