benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
"Easy to install in your car OBDII port" - where is the port in MME?
Below the steering wheel to the left. Same spot it is on most vehicles.
Sponsored

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag

troublebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium EXT AWD, Infinite Blue
Occupation
Industrial Design & Mechanical Engineering
Country flag
Just a quick point of clarification; you say it'll help improve routeplanning for the car. Is that only on the initial outset, or does it dynamically update along the way if I'm using more/less energy? If it notes that I'm driving less efficiently than expected, will it detect that I may not make it to my 'planned' charging station and route me to a closer one on my route, and vice versa?

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
ok, I've downloaded/installed the abetterrouteplanner app version 4.1.10 on Android... but I do not see how to display the ODB data.... just the regular mapping display.

any tips on how to pull up the data display you showed in OP ?

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
the ABRP post doesn't really say (that I saw) so I'll ask - why do they care if it's LE or not? as long as it's sending the data to the phone, shouldn't that be enough? is the concern around draining the car battery or something? shouldn't that be our concern and not theirs in any event? ?
Bluetooth Low Energy or BLE is a totally different protocol than the Bluetooth you are thinking of. The concern isn’t actually about the energy, it is that BLE doesn’t require pairing since it was made for sensors that broadcast data. This makes it easier to integrate with more devices and apps.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
And makes it less secure, no?

Too bad it doesn't support non-BLE adapters.

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
ok, I've downloaded/installed the abetterrouteplanner app version 4.1.10 on Android... but I do not see how to display the ODB data.... just the regular mapping display.

any tips on how to pull up the data display you showed in OP ?
I don't think the Android version update is live in the Play store yet. They are still waiting on google to approve it.

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Just a quick point of clarification; you say it'll help improve routeplanning for the car. Is that only on the initial outset, or does it dynamically update along the way if I'm using more/less energy? If it notes that I'm driving less efficiently than expected, will it detect that I may not make it to my 'planned' charging station and route me to a closer one on my route, and vice versa?
Yes, with live data, the route and charging needs will be recalculated as you drive with the new data.

Use more energy than planned, it will re-route you to a closer charging station, Or suggest you to slow down if one isn't available.

As you drive you can see the estimated SoC at arrival adjust around.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I don't think the Android version update is live in the Play store yet. They are still waiting on google to approve it.
aha.....

well, I'll check back for updated version in a week or so unless you notice it becomes available in Playstore before then.....

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I adjust the battery % left via the slider in ABRP to match actual every now and then.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
aha.....

well, I'll check back for updated version in a week or so unless you notice it becomes available in Playstore before then.....
I have it available without an update on Android. It appears it was just an enablement server side. My mistake when I was working with Ben on this previously was that I didn't save the vehicle first. You have to save the vehicle then go into the settings of that saved vehicle.

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I have it available without an update on Android. It appears it was just an enablement server side. My mistake when I was working with Ben on this previously was that I didn't save the vehicle first. You have to save the vehicle then go into the settings of that saved vehicle.
It shows up for me in the prod app, but I have their tester role. Until the new version hits, it won't be available to non testers.

troublebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium EXT AWD, Infinite Blue
Occupation
Industrial Design & Mechanical Engineering
Country flag
Yes, with live data, the route and charging needs will be recalculated as you drive with the new data.
Well I guess I'm going pro then, I have a roadtrip coming up where this feature could really help my range anxiety.
Sponsored