Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E, '06 Mustang GT, '06 Explorer, '15 CRV
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
New member here. Really looking forward to owning a BEV.
Sponsored

Clint Eastwood

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Jaguar F-Pace
Country flag
I have a reservation for a GT, plan on ordering the Grabber Blue when available. Will there be an option for the fixed glass roof?

currently I am a Tesla model S driver of over 6 years. Ready and excited for the change to the mustang!

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
I have a reservation for a GT, plan on ordering the Grabber Blue when available. Will there be an option for the fixed glass roof?

currently I am a Tesla model S driver of over 6 years. Ready and excited for the change to the mustang!
According to the model comparison on the Ford website, the glass roof is optional on the GT, standard on everything else except the select.

BryCola

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Hey...just joined recently. Have been driving a Chevy Volt for over 7 years. It's definitely made me an EV fan. I very rarely use gas, so I'm ready to go full EV. I placed my reservation for a Mach E a few weeks ago. The battery warranty is about to run out on my Volt...so hoping the Mustang gets here before that happens.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
A couple of years ago, I leased a car telling myself "Last ICE. Next car is going to be electric." but I didn't see anything that really grabbed me. I live near Redmond (home of Microsoft), so every other car in that area is a Tesla. I had a 2003 Mustang GT years ago and loved it, so when I saw the announcement for the Mach E I finally decided to pull the trigger. So now I'll wait here with the rest of you.
There's something to be said about getting an EV that is *not* a Tesla but is still sexy, quick and isn't bad in the tech department.

NEMuskRat

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1983 Delorean, 2007 SC Mustang, 2018 F150 FX4, 2019 Escape
Occupation
Electron Beam Eng
Country flag
Reserved AWD version. Looking forward to the new car even though it will not be until end of year.

Anyone hear how many Limiteds they are making other than <9999?

NEMuskRat

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1983 Delorean, 2007 SC Mustang, 2018 F150 FX4, 2019 Escape
Occupation
Electron Beam Eng
Country flag
Just saying hello and watching with interest while considering this vehicle for a daily driver.
Just wanted to say Hi! Assuming you would like the Mach E to come in Bullit Green. :D
Love those cars.

hag911

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Fusion Hybrid, 2014 Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Reserved AWD version. Looking forward to the new car even though it will not be until end of year.

Anyone hear how many Limiteds they are making other than <9999?
My guess is 5,000

ePony

First Name
Klaus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang GT 2015, Focus Station Activ, Fiesta 2x, Ford Transit, Miata and Audi A1
Occupation
Owner of a PrintingShop
Country flag
Hello everybody, I'm Klaus from germany. I'm a Ford guy for a long time (current a Focus Aktive and Transit) and yes of course two oldschool ponies - a 1990 FoxBody Convertible and a 2015 GT after a Gen5 from 2006-2013. I like the new Mustang Mach-E and I think this is the future but I'm waiting for the e-Coupé maybe with a manual transmission.

Since 2010 I'm writing for my own Blog - www.blackmustangclub.de. My last article is about the new Pony in the stable. If you like, check it out:

https://blackmustangclub.de/?p=10324

Best, ePony (Klaus)

_DSC1120.jpg

_DSC5920.jpg

Trede

First Name
Trede
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Hello everybody, I'm Klaus from germany. I'm a Ford guy for a long time (current a Focus Aktive and Transit) and yes of course two oldschool ponies - a 1990 FoxBody Convertible and a 2015 GT after a Gen5 from 2006-2013. I like the new Mustang Mach-E and I think this is the future but I'm waiting for the e-Coupé maybe with a manual transmission.

Since 2010 I'm writing for my own Blog - www.blackmustangclub.de. My last article is about the new Pony in the stable. If you like, check it out:

https://blackmustangclub.de/?p=10324

Best, ePony (Klaus)

Just want to point out that manual transmissions are unlikely to get put into production electric vehicles. You see some in some of the conversions, but that's only because they had a manual paired to their internal combustion engine. Since ~100% of the HP and torque are available from 0-max revs, the manual transmission would only rob power and introduce extra moving parts to maintain/replace as they wear.

ePony

First Name
Klaus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang GT 2015, Focus Station Activ, Fiesta 2x, Ford Transit, Miata and Audi A1
Occupation
Owner of a PrintingShop
Country flag
Just want to point out that manual transmissions are unlikely to get put into production electric vehicles. You see some in some of the conversions, but that's only because they had a manual paired to their internal combustion engine. Since ~100% of the HP and torque are available from 0-max revs, the manual transmission would only rob power and introduce extra moving parts to maintain/replace as they wear.
Hi, I thought the same but there are a lot of articles about transmissions in combo with eMobility.

For example:

https://www.ingenieur.de/technik/fa...ik/das-getriebe-in-elektrofahrzeugen-zukunft/

Trede

First Name
Trede
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Hi, I thought the same but there are a lot of articles about transmissions in combo with eMobility.

For example:

https://www.ingenieur.de/technik/fa...ik/das-getriebe-in-elektrofahrzeugen-zukunft/
I'm not saying they won't need TRANSMISSIONS...I'm saying they won't produce them with MANUAL transmissions (aka stick shifts). Even ICE cars are moving almost completely away from them. 30 years ago, you could accelerate faster with a manual if you knew what you were doing. Now, professional race drivers can't keep up with the computer controlled transmissions we have available, and the newer automatics don't rob you of horsepower like the older ones did. Manual transmissions are going to be a thing of the past because we just don't need them anymore...like manual crank starters, we've just evolved past them.

ePony

First Name
Klaus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Owner of a PrintingShop
Country flag
I'm not saying they won't need TRANSMISSIONS...I'm saying they won't produce them with MANUAL transmissions (aka stick shifts). Even ICE cars are moving almost completely away from them. 30 years ago, you could accelerate faster with a manual if you knew what you were doing. Now, professional race drivers can't keep up with the computer controlled transmissions we have available, and the newer automatics don't rob you of horsepower like the older ones did. Manual transmissions are going to be a thing of the past because we just don't need them anymore...like manual crank starters, we've just evolved past them.
I know what you mean but you can get a manual transmission in combo with sports car eMobility. In my opinion a MT hasn’t to be faster than a AT. MT is the only way to feel the power of the engine. It’s much cooler to change gears by hand and I would like it also in a car like the Mustang Coupé. I will need in a car like the Mustang and other real cool cars :)

sontran5

First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford edge, tesla model 3
Country flag
I just registered. I own a Chevrolet Volt which is all electric drive for about 50 miles. After the battery is discharged there is an ICE (Internal Combustion Engine) that starts up, which is used as a generator to drive the electric motors along with the battery. I like the car and I get about 42 MPG on gas. Most days I don't drive far enough to need to burn gas. It has 25K mile and 75% has been electric. It costs me $0.10 per KWH to charge it as I get a discount rate because of EV ownership and it goes about 3.2 miles per KWH. Electric miles are cheaper than miles on gas.

I prefer electric drive and I am looking forward to obtaining a car with more electric range as the charging infrastructure grows. A range of greater than 250 miles would provide convenient urban driving and enable long distance driving between recharges.

There are two cars that are being manufactured now that I am considered for this, there are others but they are to expensive..

Chevy Bolt
Tesla Model 3

The Mach e is a hopeful consideration.
I had Bolt and Volt. My Volt was very good: quiet, efficient, beautiful, luxury and drove very well. Tesla model 3 is much better than Bolt, ( roomier, faster, more agile, higher tech...), but both are not as quiet as Volt.. With reputation of previous models, especially the Edge, I think Mustang Mach E will has quiet and nice ride
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.