Res Nullius

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
e-Golf, X3
Country flag
Looks like I'm one of the first here. Always wanted to be able to start a new member greeting thread :)

I'm Evan and we own an e-Golf and X3. Would love to have the practicality and sportiness of an X3 but with better electric range than a short-commute car like the e-Golf... so hoping the Mach E will be just that!

Looking forward to following the development and debut (and hopefully ordering) with everyone.
Sponsored

MachSpeed

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCrew 2015 Mustang EcoBoost convertible
Country flag
Hello Res nice to meet you. I have never owned an EV but I am looking forward to the Mach E and it may be my first.

OP
OP
Res Nullius

Res Nullius

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
e-Golf, X3
Country flag
Hello Res nice to meet you. I have never owned an EV but I am looking forward to the Mach E and it may be my first.
Hey Doc. Me neither until the e-Golf. I think once you go electric you never go back. The range on mine is not great and it's not a performance geared car at all but it's still been a great ownership experience. I don't know anyone who's gone EV and went back to ICE. Have you driven an EV before?

Golfer

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang GT, i3
Country flag
Hi I came to find out more about the Mach E. So far it seems like we only know what the top range will be? Anyways glad to find a community of future early adopters already....

Shihear

First Name
Shihear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT350
Country flag
FNG glad to be here :) Been paying some attention to the Mach E but it really piqued my attention attention when reading that it may be RWD. I posted the article for those interested.

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
As a current Mustang Ecoboost AND a Honda Clarity PHEV owner, the thought of putting these two types of technologies together on a full EV platform with styling and performance inherited from the Mustang had me hooked when I first learned about this vehicle concept from Ford.

Besides, I need an all weather car as the Mustang is spoiled. ;)

Midnight Blue

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜15 Accord; ā€˜94 GT Mustang
Country flag
Iā€™m interested in the acceleration. But the only scenario I can see where Iā€™d be a buyer, would be if the Bronco is botched. Totally different vehicles, wish I could have both.

mhcrowder

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX5
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Wow, great to find a place to discuss this new Ford product. I'm looking for more information on the Utility side rather than the performance. Sure performance is nice, but in the day to day use of the Mach E, the utility aspects are what I'll always use.

Things I'll be watching are Cargo Area, Towing Capability, Infotainment, Driver Assistance Features and Comfort.

==
Michael

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
I just registered. I own a Chevrolet Volt which is all electric drive for about 50 miles. After the battery is discharged there is an ICE (Internal Combustion Engine) that starts up, which is used as a generator to drive the electric motors along with the battery. I like the car and I get about 42 MPG on gas. Most days I don't drive far enough to need to burn gas. It has 25K mile and 75% has been electric. It costs me $0.10 per KWH to charge it as I get a discount rate because of EV ownership and it goes about 3.2 miles per KWH. Electric miles are cheaper than miles on gas.

I prefer electric drive and I am looking forward to obtaining a car with more electric range as the charging infrastructure grows. A range of greater than 250 miles would provide convenient urban driving and enable long distance driving between recharges.

There are two cars that are being manufactured now that I am considered for this, there are others but they are to expensive..

Chevy Bolt
Tesla Model 3

The Mach e is a hopeful consideration.

Midnight Blue

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜15 Accord; ā€˜94 GT Mustang
Country flag
I still havenā€™t figured out why anyone would spend that kind of money on a Chevy Bolt, the least inspiring vehicle on the road. It looks like an entry-level economy car but costs $40k.

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
I still havenā€™t figured out why anyone would spend that kind of money on a Chevy Bolt, the least inspiring vehicle on the road. It looks like an entry-level economy car but costs $40k.
That's part of the reason I still haven't bought one. There are few alternatives though.

ejss

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Focus
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Hello fellow EV enthusiasts! My wife and I currently own a 2011 Ford Focus SE sedan (mine) and a 2013 Ford Focus titanium sedan (hers). I've had quite a few cars (ranging from a Mazdaspeed 3 to a 2001 Camaro SS and random cars and SUVs in between), but with having 16 month old twins, it's time for something bigger and more economical. I'm hoping the Mach E can match our needs as I was looking at the Explorer ST prior to this. Since I've been hauling our kids around in my focus, I've realized we don't necessarily need all the space an Explorer has (not going to haul everyone, luggage, and our 2 70 pound dogs around very often).

I'm realistically hoping for a real world 300 mile range, AWD would be a plus with Kansas City winters (already have snow), and tech to match the whatever the Model Y comes out with. I love the featuresof the Rivian SUV, but it's a bit big and seemingly more expensive for space we don't really need. I'd love the performance as well since I do miss having a bit of get up and go.

Looking forward to what November 17th brings us!

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Edge Sport (tuned)
Country flag
I just registered. I own a Chevrolet Volt which is all electric drive for about 50 miles. After the battery is discharged there is an ICE (Internal Combustion Engine) that starts up, which is used as a generator to drive the electric motors along with the battery. I like the car and I get about 42 MPG on gas. Most days I don't drive far enough to need to burn gas. It has 25K mile and 75% has been electric. It costs me $0.10 per KWH to charge it as I get a discount rate because of EV ownership and it goes about 3.2 miles per KWH. Electric miles are cheaper than miles on gas.

I prefer electric drive and I am looking forward to obtaining a car with more electric range as the charging infrastructure grows. A range of greater than 250 miles would provide convenient urban driving and enable long distance driving between recharges.

There are two cars that are being manufactured now that I am considered for this, there are others but they are to expensive..

Chevy Bolt
Tesla Model 3

The Mach e is a hopeful consideration.

I am the opposite of this member. I don't care one bit about Electric Vehicles and am only here, because of the potential performance this will bring.

I would rather have an ICE, than a full EV.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.