Endokendal

First Name
Kendal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 FE Mach E, 2018 Mustang GT 6-Speed
Country flag
I’ve had it a couple of times now. Also when I first get in the car, turn it on, reverse out of the garage and switch rapidly to drive... wasn’t sure if it was related to the switching from reverse to drive too quick or just operating the car too quick after initialization... seems like the screen needs up to 30 seconds just to come to life and show all the appropriate icons and buttons...
Sponsored

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
We had our car 4 days... drove 250 miles... using 1PD coming downhill in Sequoia national park... the system failed... every warning light came on and told us to stop safely immediately... someone told us "sparks or flames" were coming out of the rear tire and the noise was horrendous... all electronics failed and once in park could not shift of park to have it towed.
it's been 2.5 weeks and still no idea if/ when the necessary computer part will be available. Ford has been pretty non responsive... VERY frustrating. Broke my rule about never buying 1st model of any car. Repair parts do not exist. We reserved Dec 2019... ordered July 2020 and received match 31, 2021
I had the same issue, also while going down hill. In my case, only the message "1 Pedal Drive Fault Press brake pedal to reduce speed" appeared. The rest of the car and modules worked fine, it was only the regenerative breaking that stopped working until I turned the car off and on again.

unhandled

First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I had the same issue, also while going down hill. In my case, only the message "1 Pedal Drive Fault Press brake pedal to reduce speed" appeared. The rest of the car and modules worked fine, it was only the regenerative breaking that stopped working until I turned the car off and on again.
I had this on the delivery day but I haven’t encountered it since then. I suspect it might have been fixed with the 1.4/1.6 PowerUps. Can someone confirm this is still happening as of today?

DrGT

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E premium AWD
Country flag
Happened to me yesterday. Quite scary... Strange noises, no power, vibrations from the car.
Same circonstances as others: Had to back up slowly in trafic to give way to a truck and switched back to D while doing 1-2 km/h reverse. Stop the car a few seconds later, but the problem was still there. It was back to normal after sitting stopped a few hours at work. I have Power Up 1.4 and my car says I am up to date ?‍♂

RSH

First Name
RSH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Rapid Red Premium ER
Country flag
I had this on the delivery day but I haven’t encountered it since then. I suspect it might have been fixed with the 1.4/1.6 PowerUps. Can someone confirm this is still happening as of today?
Just happened to me. Unlike most of you, I was not switching gears. I was just driving. The only thing different that happened is that there was a small dip (I guess to slow traffic) and as I went across the dip slowly I heard a noise and the warning came up that I couldn't use 1-pedal. One pedal did not work the rest of the drive. Turned car off and on in my driveway - seems fine now.

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Happened to me twice today. It first happened as I was backing out of my driveway, which is on a slight hill down toward the street. As I took my foot of the accelerator I realized “damn, this thing is rolling fast.” It was actually quite unsettling and a little dangerous because I was rolling backwards toward the end of my driveway.

This driveway loss of 1PD when backing out has happened a handful of times. And the car never gives me a fault message. And the 1PD resumed when I shifted into drive.

But later that evening, the 1PD stopped working when I put the car into drive, and this time it flashed the fault message. I tried going into the drive settings to toggle it back on, but it was grayed out.

I’m currently carrying a security token to report errors to Ford, and I did that, so maybe @Ford Motor Company can look into this. They should. It is a safety issue.

OldBlueMME

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium Ext, 2023 Yamaha MTO9
Country flag
Happened to me twice today. It first happened as I was backing out of my driveway, which is on a slight hill down toward the street. As I took my foot of the accelerator I realized “damn, this thing is rolling fast.” It was actually quite unsettling and a little dangerous because I was rolling backwards toward the end of my driveway.

This driveway loss of 1PD when backing out has happened a handful of times. And the car never gives me a fault message. And the 1PD resumed when I shifted into drive.

But later that evening, the 1PD stopped working when I put the car into drive, and this time it flashed the fault message. I tried going into the drive settings to toggle it back on, but it was grayed out.

I’m currently carrying a security token to report errors to Ford, and I did that, so maybe @Ford Motor Company can look into this. They should. It is a safety issue.
I got the One Pedal Fault a couple of days ago. When I drove down my driveway it was working, turn onto the next street without stopping and the fault came up. Had to use the brake to stop at the stop sign. Turn the car off and back on and it's been working fine since. I am having the same issue as you, sometimes I back down my driveway which is down hill and the 1 pedal doesn't engage, very frustrating and scary. Was parallel parking yesterday on an incline and the 1 pedal was working while I was backing up then it disengaged, had to hit the brakes quickly or back right into the front of another car. I was very pissed, this is going to cause an accident. All of this didn't start till after I had a couple of updates done at the dealership and they changed all of my settings for 1-pedal which I turn back on, but it doesn't seem to work like it did before taking it to the dealership. I never had it disengage like that before going to the dealership.

JamesWardNow

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME California Rt.1
Country flag
Absolutely a safety issue....coming down a hill to a busy intersection 1 pedal quits and the car starts rolling out into the intersection. Had it for 15 Days, and of course the wife was driving, so now it's in the shop until they can fix the issue 'cause I guarantee you she won't drive it 'til then.

Dude

First Name
Dominic Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E select
Occupation
Sim Pilot
Country flag
Had the same fault message. I had to pull over and manually brake my horse and reboot. One occurrence and none since. "Little Blackie" (I named my mustang pony in honor of Matty Ross who chose that name for her pony in the book "True Grit") has been running like a thoroughbred champion. She has been fed update 1.71 without any issues.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
It's been a little over two months since my last occurrence. Very rare, but hopefully something Ford can (hopefully already has) fix.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Got my car in August 2021. Seen the "1-Pedal Drive malfunction" once a few weeks back. Was quite scary since I was driving downhill into a garage and the car sped up quickly. Battery was at 73% and I had been driving around town for ~30 minutes. Malfunction went away after restarting the car.

Ford Mustang Mach-E One-pedal fault - anyone seen this? IMG_2086

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Got my car in August 2021. Seen the "1-Pedal Drive malfunction" once a few weeks back. Was quite scary since I was driving downhill into a garage and the car sped up quickly. Battery was at 73% and I had been driving around town for ~30 minutes. Malfunction went away after restarting the car.

Ford Mustang Mach-E One-pedal fault - anyone seen this? IMG_2086
Hello! Send us a private message with your MachE’s VIN and name & location of dealership. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this brake pedal concern. Thank you!

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Since this zombie thread has been brought back to life, I thought I'd add some info that might be useful. I get this fault occasionally and it only happens under specific circumstances.

Background - a relative moved to a new residence in October. Said residence has a rather steep driveway. If I back up the steep driveway and park there, I will get the fault when I depart about 25% of the time.

I've had my car going a on a year this location is the only place it happens. I've parked there about a dozen times and it's happened 3 times. The good news (from a safety perspective) is that I've never had it happen while driving - the fault appears when first starting the car. Twice, I drove it home without 1PD, the other time, I restarted the car once I was on level ground and the fault cleared.

I haven't been to the dealer since this started happening yet, but I'll report it when it goes in for the the glass recall.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I had it once. Gone the next day.

Gremlins.