Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Coming soon:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Optional Product Improvement Program 21G01 - BlueCruise Programming 1651677624547

Ford Mustang Mach-E Optional Product Improvement Program 21G01 - BlueCruise Programming 1651677665657

Ford Mustang Mach-E Optional Product Improvement Program 21G01 - BlueCruise Programming 1651677699260

Note: Something handy for all of us.
BlueZone. The full BlueZone interactive map is expected to be available in
May 2022.

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Also, there is this new note on 21G01

May 3, 2022 – NOTE: There is a known issue when 21G01 is performed, where the Mach-E Front Luggage Compartment controls in the infotainment display screen will be inoperative until a future software update is available. The manual lever in the driver footwell will still be operational.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag

May 3, 2022 – NOTE: There is a known issue when 21G01 is performed, where the Mach-E Front Luggage Compartment controls in the infotainment display screen will be inoperative until a future software update is available. The manual lever in the driver footwell will still be operational.
Nice! That’s the first official mention on the frunk update in months!

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Added updated technical info instruction sheet to First Post, and also here.

Attachments

gnaark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
Insist that your dealer road-test it before you pick it up to make sure hands-free works. I received that message but it turned out it wasn't actually activated on the server side despite receiving the FordPass message. Hopefully that bug is corrected now on their end.
got my car back today, sync v421, and hands-free is available in the settings.
The dealer did the test drive and confirmed it's good.
it took 3 weeks but I am happy they fixed everything!

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag

The joke's on them. I don't have any Front Luggage Compartment controls in the infotainment display screen, so they can't be inoperative. :cool:

mikeinet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD Tech/Comfort
Occupation
Cyber Security, First Responder
Country flag
UGGGGGGH.
Just went for a drive… had bluecruise 2 days ago and was working perfectly. Dealer completed upgrades Tuesday afternoon. Drove same highway and I got the bluecruise is on “ok” prompt… but the car never went into BC mode. Only maintained the ‘old’ hands on wheel mode.
Blue cruise still showing in the sync about…

I don’t have blue cruise in my connected services (just nothing)

not really sure where to go… guess can call ford, though they just punt To the dealership and the dealership has no clue

Bookworm214

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Premium Mach-Ex
Occupation
Retired Truck Driver
Country flag
Just took my car in for this 21G01 update. They didn't seem familiar with it even though the appt. confirmation email mentioned it specifically. After confirming that I knew it might take hours I went to the waiting area and got out my Kindle to settle in and wait. About 15 minutes later she came out and mentioned losing frunk access from the screen, told her I didn't have it anyway because they just recently "unstuck" my car from the failed 1.7.1 OTA and I hadn't received any OTAs since. She left and came back about 30 minutes later and said "You aren't going to be happy with me." She says they got a message just yesterday that doing this update was "bricking" cars so that they would be down for an extended period of time. She said they would contact me when Ford notified them that another "fix" was available. Great, a wasted 30 minute drive, each way, and no update. "Ain't technology wonderful?!" 😠

mikeinet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD Tech/Comfort
Occupation
Cyber Security, First Responder
Country flag
Just took my car in for this 21G01 update. They didn't seem familiar with it even though the appt. confirmation email mentioned it specifically. After confirming that I knew it might take hours I went to the waiting area and got out my Kindle to settle in and wait. About 15 minutes later she came out and mentioned losing frunk access from the screen, told her I didn't have it anyway because they just recently "unstuck" my car from the failed 1.7.1 OTA and I hadn't received any OTAs since. She left and came back about 30 minutes later and said "You aren't going to be happy with me." She says they got a message just yesterday that doing this update was "bricking" cars so that they would be down for an extended period of time. She said they would contact me when Ford notified them that another "fix" was available. Great, a wasted 30 minute drive, each way, and no update. "Ain't technology wonderful?!" 😠
This is a really long process…. Not a sit and wait appointment lol
call around dealers and ask who’s done it and who’s had success with it

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Customer letters went from week of April 11th to week of May 16th, but they didn't say that until May 5th. o_O

Last edited:

Bookworm214

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Truck Driver
Country flag
This is a really long process…. Not a sit and wait appointment lol
call around dealers and ask who’s done it and who’s had success with it
I'm not in a large metro area so the choice of dealerships is not that great. They are all small town dealerships. The one I go to in Myrtle Beach, SC, Beach Ford, is the largest one in my area. I understand that it's a long process but they didn't seem inclined to even attempt it. My main question is does anyone know whether their concern about there being a hold on this update is valid or were they just trying to get rid of me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
The updates were released Monday that should take care of the issues of it not working properly, along with the new and very detailed process to do the updates in.

It definitely wouldn't have been a wait at the dealer update though unless they did some of the updates when they did the 1.7.1 fix, but usually its at least a 2 day job.

If you don't have another dealer to go to close by, It might be best to just wait a few weeks for the OTA's to start.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
FWIW the process seems to typically take 2 days (all of one, part of another)

My BS detector is beeping over the statement from the dealer that the process is bricking cars. At least in the forum I don't think we are seeing that.

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag

My BS detector is beeping over the statement from the dealer that the process is bricking cars. At least in the forum I don't think we are seeing that.
Early on there was a pretty high failure rate. Cars weren't bricked, just not complete and most dealers won't give the car back if things are not finished properly, so they ended up keeping the cars for days while they waited on feedback from the hotline.

A few users on here have reported things dying such as the IPC and needing replaced. Although, that has been very rare.

Since the new updates came out this week, I've been seeing many more success reports than failures.

Bookworm214

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Truck Driver
Country flag

That's what I'm thinking too. They just don't want the hassle.
Sponsored