Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E, '06 Mustang GT, '06 Explorer, '15 CRV
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
My dealer just reached out to tell me that my car is due to be scheduled this upcoming Thursday. They need to confirm the order by weds, so he was making sure it was accurate. Premium AWD ER coming to CT. Res/order number 16,7xx (11/23/19), with order placed 7/10/20.

Not sure if this dealer confirmation is standard and if it can impact scheduling.
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
My dealer just reached out to tell me that my car is due to be scheduled this upcoming Thursday. They need to confirm the order by weds, so he was making sure it was accurate. Premium AWD ER coming to CT. Res/order number 16,7xx (11/23/19), with order placed 7/10/20.

Not sure if this dealer confirmation is standard and if it can impact scheduling.
Very little is standard when it comes to dealers. They all do their own thing, sometimes down to the individual person level.

My dealer rep is very responsive when I contact her, but she never contacts me first. My order, which I placed at the end of June via ford.com, got scheduled by Ford without anyone at the dealer level asking me to verify details.

IMHO, I think it's great that they are reaching out to confirm with you!

06VistaGT

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E, '06 Mustang GT, '06 Explorer, '15 CRV
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
Very little is standard when it comes to dealers. They all do their own thing, sometimes down to the individual person level.

My dealer rep is very responsive when I contact her, but she never contacts me first. My order, which I placed at the end of June via ford.com, got scheduled by Ford without anyone at the dealer level asking me to verify details.

IMHO, I think it's great that they are reaching out to confirm with you!
I agree and was appreciative that they did reach out. Wanted to let others know what I experienced in case they wanted to reach out to their dealers to see how things are going. I do hope no orders are delayed for scheduling while waiting on an unresponsive dealer.

bullshark

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E select AWD
Country flag
My dealer told me I got a VIN, but didn't give me built day, is that weird? I am in Vancouver, BC.

Last edited:

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Also good advice-From what I can tell my dealer seems very receptive to making a deal. They are a very strong independent auto group in the northeast and I have been dealing directly with the sales manager since day one. They know how to service the customer and I think they will do what it takes to make me as happy as they can. I just wish they had scheduled my FE. The first ingredient they need is the VIN. I don’t think Tesla would even consider what you proposed.
The good news is you get your VIN at scheduling. I got mine Thursday even though my build dates is 12/14.

Timbo31771

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium ER AWD Infinite Blue/Light Space Grey
Occupation
Logistics Manager
Country flag
The good news is you get your VIN at scheduling. I got mine Thursday even though my build dates is 12/14.

I’ve heard nothing from Ford or my dealership since I got the nice email about a $3000 price cut. Premium ER AWD reserved 11/25/19, ordered (accepted by dealer) 6/28/2020. Order # 10019XX San Luis Obispo, CA

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I’ve heard nothing from Ford or my dealership since I got the nice email about a $3000 price cut. Premium ER AWD reserved 11/25/19, ordered (accepted by dealer) 6/28/2020. Order # 10019XX San Luis Obispo, CA
Lucky you. My dealer has never sent me an email nor called me unless I made the contact first. And even then it's less than 50%.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
My dealer told me I got a VIN, but didn't give me built day, is that weird? I am in Vancouver, BC.
Yeah that's the opposite of how I got mine. Assembly week assigned and maybe a day later I was able to get my vin number via the dealer.

No anticipated delivery date yet. (Assembly is scheduled into week of 12/14.)

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
I am curious. Did you get your VIN via email from from Ford or from your dealer?

JDRGolfer1

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag
Just some advice from a stranger. Do this for yourself, not for Ford. Don't put yourself in a financial bind by buying a brand new car.

If making the purchase in 2020 vs 2021 is a big difference due to the $7500 credit, is there any possibility that you can also qualify for the full $7500 based on your expected income for next year?

If yes, highly likely, then you might consider adjusting your tax withholdings at the beginning of 2021 so that you're effectively withholding the additional $7500 rather than waiting until 2022 to get it credited back.
I just really hope the federal tax credit is still around next year, you never know with a new or current administration. I'd hate for people to try to tax plan around this by adjusting their withholding then have the credit get cancelled and end up owing $7500+ at the end of the year, that would be terrible. Not an ideal plan in my opinion.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
I was told that vin numbers are not available until the car reaches the build date. It is sometime during the build date that dealers receive actual vin numbers.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
I just really hope the federal tax credit is still around next year, you never know with a new or current administration. I'd hate for people to try to tax plan around this by adjusting their withholding then have the credit get cancelled and end up owing $7500+ at the end of the year, that would be terrible. Not an ideal plan in my opinion.
my thoughtIs if you want the car then buy it. The tax credit should be a bonus and NOT the reason to buy it. If that is THE reason for buying the car then you might want to step back and think about it some more.

personally I was hoping for a our lease so that I could apply the credit to the down payment. Well that did not happen. Yes I was upset but not enough to not buy the car.

Pacecar

First Name
Pascal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 mustang official pacecar , 2018 outlander phev
Country flag
I was told that vin numbers are not available until the car reaches the build date. It is sometime during the build date that dealers receive actual vin numbers.
My built week is 12-7 and I already have my vin . Your dealer should be able to give it to you.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
I think some salespeople just don't want to bother looking it up, or just don't know as I was told the same, "Ford will send you an email when it's available."

My built week is 12-7 and I already have my vin . Your dealer should be able to give it to you.
Sponsored