Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Why are so many in a hurry in getting the VINs now? The only case I can see it being useful is if concerned about getting the tax rebate for 2020 and delivery will not be until 2021. Is there some other use case for the VIN that can't wait a couple of months?
Why press so hard for a build or delivery date? Why not wait for a couple of months until it shows up at your dealership?
Sponsored

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I actually have friends that own two different Ford dealerships. they both told me that priority would normally impact build dates but not on the MME.
And that’s what my dealer told me. I have no reason to doubt him. I just find it interesting that a premium AWD ER with a significantly higher order number than mine has been scheduled and mine hasn’t. I’m not complaining, but I am trying to see if there is some kind of pattern we can discern. I doubt they just pull our orders out of a hat for scheduling ???

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
hmm. we give dealers a lot of crap on here for not knowing anything but I feel like they'd have a clue about MX to LA delivery time, since it's not like it's a new plant or anything.
Exactly. I wonder if he is just saying this because this is the first time Ford has ever done this. I could see it taking a month for special customer cars but in this case EVERY car is a special order. I am hoping he is wrong.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Yeah, but at this point I would say we are in the under promise phase.
no dealer wants us calling like 5 year olds daily asking “are we there yet?”
If it gets here sooner they can be heroes.
It just that exactly 1 month just seems like a WAG to me. They haven't been getting cars from this plant for a while. We don't know the shipping method or route. I don't think they do either. I think they just standardly tell people a month.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Received an update from my dealer. My Premium is still unscheduled. Regarding my FE, the exact language reads: "Your FE is now scheduled to the day and will start being built on the 19th of next month. Your VIN is xxx----0245x"
The VIN was a hyperlink so I clicked on it and it took me to
vehiclevisibility.dealerconnection.com
where it asked for my log in for my fleet.ford.com account. It looks like I have full visibility to track the vehicle in there.

I wonder if it will make it out the door in time for OKTB...???

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Do we know if Ford has even exhausted all of the build slots in any given week (i.e., all the build slots in November and December)? Seems logical that they would go sequentially, and would fill up a build week before going to the next week, but maybe not?

For example, maybe they just scheduled the factory first shift builds last week but have yet to schedule the second shift? Or the Mach Drop FEs that aren’t showing up on the Ford website might have a November or December build week already assigned but not revealed? Or Ford doesn’t know how high weekly output will be in a month so they plan to add more vehicles to the November and December schedule as we approach those dates?

Anyway just speculating here but wanted to say that no one from Ford has said that all the build slots from 11/23 to 12/21 are now spoken for. I think we will learn more on Thursday.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Do we know if Ford has even exhausted all of the build slots in any given week (i.e., all the build slots in November and December)? Seems logical that they would go sequentially, and would fill up a build week before going to the next week, but maybe not?

For example, maybe they just scheduled the factory first shift builds last week but have yet to schedule the second shift? Or the Mach Drop FEs that aren’t showing up on the Ford website might have a November or December build week already assigned but not revealed? Or Ford doesn’t know how high weekly output will be in a month so they plan to add more vehicles to the November and December schedule as we approach those dates?

Anyway just speculating here but wanted to say that no one from Ford has said that all the build slots from 11/23 to 12/21 are now spoken for. I think we will learn more on Thursday.
No clue. I suppose it depends on if Ford has a very good expectation for how many vehicles they can assemble in a week. That would be the only way to determine if all the build slots are full for a given week. So far to date, the mantra has been to under promise so maybe they are only loading each build week to a certain percentage of what they think they are able to reasonably build. Sounds plausible.

My dealer says there is another wave of scheduled build dates coming out on Thursday so I guess we'll find out then. If those dates are randomly placed in the 11/23 thru 12/21 weeks then your theory might play out.

The information I have for my car is unique for a couple of reasons. First....I have an exact build begin date of Nov 19th which is a Thursday. Everyone else got a week of date which of course is always a Monday. Second, my date is pre OKTB. I took a peek at the Submitted Orders and Tracking List thread and it looks like all the build dates are post OKTB? So, my dealer originally thought my FE was going down the line at the very end of MP1 and he predicted that would be sometime late last week. Apparently he guessed wrong because we now see a different date. I think the MP1 cars are running long and mixing into MP2 and I guess that is now confirmed because my FE is now at the very end of MP2. No guarantees though.....until I see the dealer invoice in the tracking website then it's anyone's guess if the car will make it out the door before 11/23/20. (crossing fingers until then....)

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag

we have to assume their build slots are full. This forum only has a small fraction of customers, so my guess is the weeks already mentioned on the forum are full

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
A small interesting thing I noticed is the web site shows the Sunday of the week:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Order Scheduled for Production Date 1603888225340

But the e-mail shows the Monday of the week:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Order Scheduled for Production Date 1603888261327

Just one of those things where you think someone missed a detail somewhere.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Yeah mine shows the week as well (although its showing Sunday instead of Monday)
Ford Mustang Mach-E Order Scheduled for Production Date Screenshot 2020-10-28 083324

Woohoo! Its coming a day earlier!!

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I got priority code 10, that's the best right? But no build date or VIN yet. But now we've found out that Priority Codes don't mean anything for this build right?
Sponsored